Jun 11 2011
By: x266798 Lombax Warrior 124 posts

Team MVP

12 replies 10 views Edited Jun 11, 2011

Hello everyone,

During the PSN outage I remember seeing a twitter post by naughty dog asking about what stats would be fun to track in the online multiplayer.  Seeing as i don't have a twitter account (and refuse to sign up) I was unable to reply. 

I thought it would be fun to brainstorm some possible stats that could be thrown into the multiplayer.

That stat I want to see the most is +/- per match, like in hockey.  It could just be a simple kills minus deaths.  Assists could be worth half a kill or something along those lines.

I think this would be a great way to tell who the team MVP is.  For example, in uncharted 2, the player with the most kills appears at the top of their team and a lot of times, players only care about their kdr.  But a player with 1 kill and 0 deaths has a perfect kdr while a player with 10 kills and 1 death is arguably more valuable to his team. Also, a player with 11 kills and 12 deaths is the least valuable of the three.

It would be cool if you got some kind of medal for being MVP and would then possibly encourage players who only care about their kdr to be less selfish

Message 1 of 13 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1390 posts

Psshhh >.> MVP....   More like "Alpha Dog!&quo...

Jun 11, 2011

Psshhh >.> MVP....

More like "Alpha Dog!" :smileyhappy:

Anyway, what you're talking about with kills minus deaths is called a kill/death spread and would be cool to see in stats.

Will screaming at the television affect my team's chance of winning?
Message 2 of 13 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2838 posts

I pretty much agree. I'd call it something like "Pla...

Jun 11, 2011

x266798 wrote:

That stat I want to see the most is +/- per match, like in hockey.  It could just be a simple kills minus deaths.  Assists could be worth half a kill or something along those lines.

I think this would be a great way to tell who the team MVP is.  For example, in uncharted 2, the player with the most kills appears at the top of their team and a lot of times, players only care about their kdr.  But a player with 1 kill and 0 deaths has a perfect kdr while a player with 10 kills and 1 death is arguably more valuable to his team. Also, a player with 11 kills and 12 deaths is the least valuable of the three.

It would be cool if you got some kind of medal for being MVP and would then possibly encourage players who only care about their kdr to be less selfish

I pretty much agree. I'd call it something like "Player Value" or "Team Value"  or maybe aggre gate value or something.This goes along with your term MVP (value). I also agree that assists should factor in here.

But KDR isn't factored by a match by match basis, in so far as a player with a 1-0 KDR for one match does have a perfect KDR, but that doesn't really help in the long run, as it's quite rare to have consistently perfect matches (even 1-0 or 2-0 matches). I'm quite sure you'd see your second scenario, 10-1 much more often. Also, getting 1-0, 1-1, and 1-2 in a hundred matches, and you'll probably come out worse (KDR-wise) than someone who went consistently 10-1, 10-2, 10-3 over the same period of time.

I'm not sure I agree here. I think a player that goes 11-12 may be more valuable than a player that goes 1-0, especially if your team needs 3 kills to win and you have room to spare with deaths (score is 41 - 47, you - them) I would rather have that first guy go die 5 times and get 2 or 3 kills than have that 1-0 guy camp about the whole match and not contribute.

I agree. This is why assists should be a more important stat!

Nice post dude!

-----------------
FaceBook: Psyber Kayos
The best FB groups for our communities. Thousands have joined already. Join us!:

The Uncharted Community FaceBook Group

The Last of Us Community FaceBook Group

Message 3 of 13 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

I see wha you mean. I think it's unlikely ND will give ki...

Jun 11, 2011

I see wha you mean. I think it's unlikely ND will give kills-minus-deaths their own stat on the scoreboard but it's definitely possible it'll be on the site (or via in-game stats?). I think an MVP is a great idea (which would varry depending on each playlist), it might already be in the game. And if not? I'm sure ND would be open to tweaking/adding medals via the beta.

Message 4 of 13 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Haha yeah i guess you got me there.  If you are at least...

Jun 11, 2011

TheMaddHater wrote:

I'm not sure I agree here. I think a player that goes 11-12 may be more valuable than a player that goes 1-0, especially if your team needs 3 kills to win and you have room to spare with deaths (score is 41 - 47, you - them) I would rather have that first guy go die 5 times and get 2 or 3 kills than have that 1-0 guy camp about the whole match and not contribute.

Haha yeah i guess you got me there.  If you are at least being active in the game then you are doing something even if you are just acting as a distraction.

I guess thats why i cant stand the players that just hide in a corner the whole game with a shotgun and wait for people to come to them.  Their precious kdr, oh no!!!

Seriously though, I really hope they put some cool and interesting stats in there!

Message 5 of 13 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Kinda off topic, but in all honesty, I never see anyone w...

Jun 11, 2011

x266798 wrote:

TheMaddHater wrote:

Haha yeah i guess you got me there.  If you are at least being active in the game then you are doing something even if you are just acting as a distraction.

I guess thats why i cant stand the players that just hide in a corner the whole game with a shotgun and wait for people to come to them.  Their precious kdr, oh no!!!

Seriously though, I really hope they put some cool and interesting stats in there!

Kinda off topic, but in all honesty, I never see anyone wielding a shotgun/camping with SA as a person who values their K/DR.

Especially considering 99% of the time they have Deposit on (in Deathmatch), which sort of tells you something about their mental capacity anyway... :smileyindifferent:

Message 6 of 13 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
632 posts

The MVP Medal

Jun 11, 2011

Hello, Naught Dog

Here is an idea for an objective medal.

the MVP medal

You earn it by completing objectives and helping teammates. But that is not all. During a match you can have a streak of MVP medals. The system could work in two ways, one way could be; by reaching score points before everyone else on your team, or it could be a timed system, where every five minutes the person with the most points would get the MVP medal. Every time you earn the MVP medal it levels up giving you more cash, this would work just like getting kill streaks.

Team killing, ignoring objectives, and just not being a team player would damage your chance of getting the MVP medal.

This is something I would really like to see in UNCHARTED 3.

Message 7 of 13 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

My husband refers to himself as "the sacrificial lam...

Jun 11, 2011

x266798 wrote:

TheMaddHater wrote:

My husband refers to himself as "the sacrificial lamb", cuz while he's being peppered of three sides, his teammates sneak up behind and do the dirty work.  LOL.  Glad that you think even those whose KDR's don't show it at least have some use.:smileywink:

Message 8 of 13 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1390 posts

I have a pretty cool medal idea: Bull In a China Shop/M...

Jun 11, 2011

I have a pretty cool medal idea:

Bull In a China Shop/MvP/Alpha Dog, etc:

Earn the most kills and have the highest kill/death ratio in a single match.

*Awards a good amount of cash ($5,000?) because you not only have be leading in kills but somebody with 6-1 can easily have a better k/d ratio than you. This is usually awarded when you slaughtered the other team lol.

Will screaming at the television affect my team's chance of winning?
Message 9 of 13 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

That's a good idea, having both the most kills and the hi...

Jun 11, 2011

free2play27 wrote:

I have a pretty cool medal idea:

Bull In a China Shop/MvP/Alpha Dog, etc:

Earn the most kills and have the highest kill/death ratio in a single match.

*Awards a good amount of cash ($5,000?) because you not only have be leading in kills but somebody with 6-1 can easily have a better k/d ratio than you. This is usually awarded when you slaughtered the other team lol.

That's a good idea, having both the most kills and the highest KDR is surely something to rewarded. Maybe MVP for highest kills only and MVP Elite or something for kills + KDR.

Message 10 of 13 (10 Views)
0 Likes