Highlighted
Jun 04 2013
By: neverbelow Treasure Hunter 6514 posts
Accepted Solution

Thank you ND (hat/booster complaint)

[ Edited ]
34 replies 662 views Edited Jun 5, 2013

For taking my money. I liked the lab maps so I bought some new taunts that I liked. Then when stat hats were introduced I said I'd never buy them...

Then the Cloaked stat hats were introduced. I lost to players that couldn't touch me before (the scrubs known as COM+ and a few others). I looked at it to see why. Well the common factor was the cloaked stat hats.

Basically with the hat you get 1 of the top three boosters in the game. I use FF now with it (and leveling scoped in for sniping) and its overpowered as **bleep**.

That's ok, though I guess because I've been through this before with QuickBoom. Don't blame me, blame ND. I use what I have to keep up with the Joneses. Either that or lose to trash players. Thanks for that ND.

By the way, the game is so much easier with cloaked and FF combined. I had to change from Dead Explorer and Charlie Cutter for the first time since launch but it was worth it.

Edit: updated thread title to reflect content

U--J

Message 1 of 35 (662 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Re: Thank you ND

Jun 4, 2013
And the minus 10% regen speed is so barely noticeable that I question whether it actually does any adverse effect at all.
Message 2 of 35 (660 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3768 posts

Jun 4, 2013
Some how i think thank is not the correct word to be in front of "you".
I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 3 of 35 (640 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jun 4, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:
Some how i think thank is not the correct word to be in front of "you".

That's why we read the original post: so we realize he's sarcastic.

Like, you know, THANKS OBAMA.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 4 of 35 (638 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2392 posts

Jun 4, 2013
I know how you feel, those Cloaked hats are far too powerful. I used Chloe's Heavy Hat today when I was getting Gold tier (For Elena's hat, if it is this week, I still have no idea). Easy wins. You have less than a second of regeneration speed added, and you can avoid one powerplay, Call Out, two boosters, a kickback, a paid booster and have your player arrow completely removed. Derp, who thought that was a good idea?

It's not just useful with Fleet Foot though, Endurance, Beast Mode, Scoped In, Explosive Shell Expert and Weapon Expert all become monster boosters with this stat hat. Lucky Regeneration doesn't really work for some reason.

I'd love to see this crap get removed, but it's unlikely now.
Pepsi
Message 5 of 35 (628 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3768 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

@ stunt really?

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 6 of 35 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Jun 4, 2013
I always have stats turned off.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 7 of 35 (619 Views)
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Jun 4, 2013
Fleet Foot is mehh vs competent players, the tryhards (myself included) use WE with M9 RoF + BF Accuracy with the Cloaked Hat or if solo ESE with the hat. As a FAL user I also use 3-D Glasses with Cloaked.

There was a problem with patches across regions when this was introduced: EU regions said 'Cloaked' while US versions said 'Disruption Immunity' at the time ND said it was a text glitch, I guess not.

I think I was the one who first brought this to the communities attention thinking ND would E-Patch it, once again, 'I guess not.'
Message 8 of 35 (590 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
378 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Never really had much trouble spotting players with or without the player tag.

Message 9 of 35 (577 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jun 4, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:
I think I was the one who first brought this to the communities attention thinking ND would E-Patch it, once again, 'I guess not.'

ND never intended to patch it. Wanna know why? Because SCEA & SCEE would have to issue thousands of refunds. Smiley Wink People bought those hats for a reason and I don't mean the aesthetics.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 10 of 35 (552 Views)