Apr 10 2012
By: Toxic156 Fender Bender 4145 posts
Accepted Solution

The 3TDM tourney- TBA, not MIA

10 replies 53 views Edited Apr 10, 2012

Bluntly put: Where the hell is it/did it go?

There's been no notifications or updates whatsoever...ND stated in their blog post here: http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/naughty_dog_community_forum_contests/ that the opening round will start today.

I was surprised when ND announced the 3TDM tourney, now I'm just upset and confused at to why they've been silent on the matter. I hope this is all a mistake, and that I'm over-reacting, but the first day mentioned is almost over already. I would definitely like an answer as to why this hasn't happened yet from ND themselves.

So, what do you think about the whole fiasco? Are you dissapointed in ND for their handling of the situation? Do you think it's okay that they messed up dates or promised something that wasn't fulfilled (like customization)? Do you not care one way or the other? Am I going to look like an idiot when they comment and say that it was moved back a day or something or that nature? (I hope not.)

Look at the answer for the update, becuase I'm too lazy to copy & paste.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 10 of 11 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20309 posts

Re: The Vanishing 3TDM tourney

Apr 8, 2012

I was wondering this too. I even commented about it around here in several threads about how close we were and we still were unable to view the thread.

Message 1 of 11 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Apr 8, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

So, what do you think about the whole fiasco? Are you dissapointed in ND for their handling of the situation? Do you think it's okay that they messed up dates or promised something that wasn't fulfilled (like customization)? Do you not care one way or the other? Am I going to look like an idiot when they comment and say that it was moved back a day or something or that nature? (I hope not.)

It reminds me of the 3x cash & Hammer Lab fiasco...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 2 of 11 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20309 posts

Apr 8, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Toxic156 wrote:

It reminds me of the 3x cash & Hammer Lab fiasco...

But this time ND is still supporting the game even though they mysteriously scrapped a planned event.

Message 3 of 11 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Apr 8, 2012

While the truth is rarely pure and never simple (according to Oscar Wilde) I'd still like to know the detailed event(s) preventing the tourney from occuring.

It's like being told that you're going to *insert fun event here* and then you do nothing instead. ND has slowly started to rebuild their attention to the fanbase, so it's puzzling to see as to why the lack of communication is occuring.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Message 4 of 11 (53 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Apr 8, 2012

Hey, Toxic156 & Da_Almighty_Guy! I had fun playing several matches of hardcore with you guys yesterday!

On the main topic, it is rather strange for this tourney to just go silent like this, but I hope that ND is simply postponing this. With patches 1.08 & 1.09 coming tomorrow, I would personally wait for the game to become more balanced before I enter any tournament for it.

Message 5 of 11 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4346 posts

Apr 8, 2012

I was also interested in taking part in the 3TDM tourney and was awaiting information on it.

Message 6 of 11 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4545 posts

Apr 8, 2012

I didn't even know about this! It'd be very competitive and interesting to follow.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 11 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Apr 9, 2012

@fistofl3d1279

Sorry I don't remember you...and while needed gameplay changes are good, the lack of communication from ND is not. They said the tourney would've begun by now, and they haven't even come out and say it's cancelled.

@GMRcris

The community reaction was overwhelmingly positive, so it's odd for ND to leave fans wanting what they were promised.

@Shrantellatessa

It would be not only interesting but also productive for ND as the publicity would possibly increase purchases of UC3 from fans thinking "Wow, that looks fun!" or "What an awesome company ND is for hosting their own tournament!"

Sadly, they did not.

I'm raising this becuase I sent Eric a PM, and he has yet to respond...even though he's online. Here's hoping he''ll see this...

Message 8 of 11 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Apr 10, 2012

Big thanks to Eric for responding:

To:Toxic156

Sent:Apr 9, 2012 7:50 PM

Subject:Re: A Question

Hope you had a happy easter as well! It looks like there wasn't much response on the forum thread so the contest might have to be started late. I'm check in with the Sony community team that set this contest up. We'll have more opportunities for events in the future as well so please keep your eyes peeled.

So, it looks like it still might be on if enough people show interest!

Thanks again for the update, Eric! squiidx was right when he said you deserved a raise.

Message 9 of 11 (53 Views)
0 Likes