Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2414 posts

Re: The Block Mesh Map Thread (BMM #11)

Sep 5, 2013

duke_of_platypus wrote:

I wonder how many desert villages (one of the smaller maps) you could fit into this #11 map.

like 6 or 7 lol.

A Map like this could only be a BMM because I doubt the PS3 would have been able to load all the textures if it was a normal map...

Please use plain text.
Message 651 of 835 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3536 posts

Sep 6, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

duke_of_platypus wrote:

I wonder how many desert villages (one of the smaller maps) you could fit into this #11 map.

is it really that big? i haven't played on it yet, but it looks like it's maybe 50% bigger than desert village?

Well if you think that you are in for a surprise :smileyvery-happy:

I think it might be 2.8 Syrias, maybe 3.

Do you feel me?

Please use plain text.
Message 652 of 835 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2253 posts

Sep 6, 2013

duke_of_platypus wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

duke_of_platypus wrote:

is it really that big? i haven't played on it yet, but it looks like it's maybe 50% bigger than desert village?

well here's my question then, if the map is so big, wouldn't it benefit from more players in a match; is 10 people enough to fit the map? (say if this map was 3 times the size as Syria, couldn't you fit 2-3 times the amount of players on it without it being too overly choatic?)

really my question is: is 10 players a too small amount for this map (is it too big for just 10 people)?

Please use plain text.
Message 653 of 835 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3536 posts

Sep 6, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

duke_of_platypus wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

duke_of_platypus wrote:

well here's my question then, if the map is so big, wouldn't it benefit from more players in a match; is 10 people enough to fit the map? (say if this map was 3 times the size as Syria, couldn't you fit 2-3 times the amount of players on it without it being too overly choatic?)

really my question is: is 10 players a too small amount for this map (is it too big for just 10 people)?

For an experimental map, no the size is ok. If this were a permanantio map, yea, it is pretty small for 5v5.

Do you feel me?

Please use plain text.
Message 654 of 835 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2414 posts

Sep 6, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

duke_of_platypus wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

duke_of_platypus wrote:

To answer your question Yes 10 players are too smal, it's the biggest map to ever grace an Uncharted game. You can go over a minute running around casually before you bump into someone, but even so the map still works other than the  stat freaks who camp with a sniper, it's a great map that promotes exploration & it forces you to come out of hiding if you want a PW because ND finally listened & placed them all in the middle off the map. 

This map would shine if it was 8 vs 8 anything over would make it too chaotic IMO.

Please use plain text.
Message 655 of 835 (203 Views)
Survivor
2253 posts

Sep 6, 2013

so i spoke to nanashi and he tells me that he is retired from unchated 3 videos so i had to find another video of BMM #11, i don't really like the one i found (that i have put in the OP already,  because of the people talking on the mics, but i couldn't really find anything better (there was another video by the same youtuber of BMM #11, but i didn't like what he put in the end bit; could have cut it out)

anyways i'm sure everybody has played it except for me, but here's some gameplay anyways for archive sake:

Please use plain text.
Message 656 of 835 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13342 posts

Sep 6, 2013

Even though I hate sniper maps.

This map is pretty good because it has plenty of ways to flank the snipers.

It's well balanced for all styles of play.

Please use plain text.
Message 657 of 835 (181 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3640 posts

Sep 7, 2013
^ Exactly

It seems like a sniper only map, but the RPG ends that along with the ability to flank. The lower section is fun too. Good lines of sight for medium range. Decent cover and escape routes. One of my favorite maps for sure (and I am NOT a great sniper by any measure).
Please use plain text.
Message 658 of 835 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2253 posts

Sep 8, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

ya i feel that way too about the map now ... i really didn't like the map all that much due to all the battles just being by the rpg spot and all the cqc spray and pray bull **bleep** (but that's probably just because that's what this game is now), but eventually i got a rampant with my g-mal :smileyhappy: and i tried sniping too, usually i'm pretty bad at sniping but i was really kicking **bleep** on this map, got 5 head hunters in my first game using the dragon, so at least 15 headshots, i was playing in a party of 4 at the time and they were more surprised than i was lol

but anyone notice the water in this map? it kind of reminds me of that Liquid in the movie Space Chimps that freezing things (can't recall what it is called)?

Please use plain text.
Message 659 of 835 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13342 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

ya i feel that way too about the map now ... i really didn't like the map all that much due to all the battles just being by the rpg spot and all the cqc spray and pray bull **bleep** (but that's probably just because that's what this game is now), but eventually i got a rampant with my g-mal :smileyhappy: and i tried sniping too, usually i'm pretty bad at sniping but i was really kicking **bleep** on this map, got 5 head hunters in my first game using the dragon, so at least 15 headshots, i was playing in a party of 4 at the time and they were more surprised than i was lol

but anyone notice the water in this map? it kind of reminds me of that Liquid in the movie Space Chimps that freezing things (can't recall what it is called)?

I didn't see water. I guess I'm too busy either camping or flanking though.

I tend to hang out at the Grey T-BOLT area... I like that area. It has a nice overview.

Please use plain text.
Message 660 of 835 (125 Views)
0 Likes