Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
636 posts

Re: ★ The Classic mode thread! ★ WE DID IT GUYS :D

Sep 13, 2012

CaptainNoah wrote:

I wouldn't be so quick to celebrate. ND hasn't actually released the exact plans for the mode so it might as well be the farthest thing from classic mode. Look at the customization we got. Did it take ideas from Luxis' thread? Yes. Did it fulfill the idea that was Luxis' thread? No. Not that I'm against classic mode, but really, the biggest feature is there will be no RoF M9, which is already fulfilled in hardcore. I'm not going to particularly enjoy classic mode as U2 mp was never any more fun (not to say it wasn't more intricate or well polished) than U3 mp. As I've reexamined Classic mode it seems to be losing rank in my list of important improvements to the Mp. In my opinion, it isn't an item to be thrilled about, perhaps intrigued, but not thrilled.

I'm almost certain that a classic mode, they would base it off of UC2 because that's what we have been asking/wanting them to do since the beginning. If they mess this up, I honestly will think of ND as a bunch of "retarded dogs running around trying to catch their tail" LMAO :smileywink:

You may be intrigued, but I know that I speak for a large part of the gaming community who moved up from the UC2 MP to UC3, they are mostly all absolutely thrilled for this. Including this all-time UC fan. CLASSIC MODE FTW! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 921 of 1,102 (335 Views)
Fender Bender
2600 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Took a step back into Uncharted 2's multiplayer for my celebration, took me a while to get used to the lack of a sprint button, no late joins, and the decreased health. :smileytongue:

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 922 of 1,102 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Sep 13, 2012
I hope we get the original AK aim sight. I don't like the dot in the middle in UC3.....
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Please use plain text.
Message 923 of 1,102 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2600 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Now if only Naughty Dog would just give us Classic CO-OPmode....

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 924 of 1,102 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Sep 13, 2012

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Now you're speaking my language :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 925 of 1,102 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4775 posts

Sep 13, 2012

SHUT_UP_FOOLS wrote:
I hope we get the original AK aim sight. I don't like the dot in the middle in UC3.....

I doubt that'll happen but that would be kinda neat :smileyhappy:

tlousig2
Please use plain text.
Message 926 of 1,102 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
775 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2012

Fakehound wrote:

SHUT_UP_FOOLS wrote:

There is more important thing:

Both standard guns; AK & Para9 must be equiped in accuracy mod - just to help emulate U2 flow better.

We all know how AK and pistol suck compared to U2. Health is ok but bullet spread and recoil for AK is a lot worst than in U2. Pistol should have at least lower recoil thx to accuracy mod.

Same with G-Mal which gonna laying on maps, and for M9 - however instead of ROF mod M9 should be equiped in big clip size and maybe also reload speed. For all players.

That's why we should write suggestions like this in PM to ND devs., on forum, their FB and twitter too. Well at least IMO.

.........................................................................................................
Step back ND. King is Back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE
Please use plain text.
Message 927 of 1,102 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
636 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2012

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

This ^ but give ND some time after they put in the classic MP mode. They need some rest time after their long work shift. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 928 of 1,102 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2012

a20198610 wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

SHUT_UP_FOOLS wrote:

Both standard guns; AK & Para9 must be equiped in accuracy mod - just to help emulate U2 flow better.

We all know how AK and pistol suck compared to U2. Health is ok but bullet spread and recoil for AK is a lot worst than in U2. Pistol should have at least lower recoil thx to accuracy mod.

Same with G-Mal which gonna laying on maps, and for M9 - however instead of ROF mod M9 should be equiped in big clip size and maybe also reload speed. For all players.

That's why we should write suggestions like this in PM to ND devs., on forum, their FB and twitter too. Well at least IMO.

All of this sounds extremely unnecessary to me.

This mode isn't meant to be a carbon copy of Uncharted 2's balance or anything. Or rather, I should be saying, it shouldn't be trying to emulate how the guns worked in UC2. Reasoning? Because those guns are gone. They are not going to be the same in UC3 no matter what. Slapping a mod on isn't going to make it like UC2 at all.

The idea of the mode is to have the gameplay of UC2 in UC3. The gameplay includes strategy, how you play the maps to get the weapons you want. That strategy is gone in UC3 (power weapons aside) and is why we wanted this mode in the first place. The feeling of the weapons aren't important, it's the overall idea of starting with your basic guns and going out to get better guns. It encourages movement, it encourages better balance in the sense that "oh I can't always have this G-MAL, if I die, I lose it and have to wait awhile" and that's why UC2 was good.

UC2's style is like how older shooters worked and that was part of the fun. The newer elements UC3 introduced aside (sprint, throwback grenades, etc) this mode should keep the guns the same, no mods attached at all and let it be how it should be: get the gun you want and kill people with them because you earned it for going out there and getting that gun.

I should also mention part of the skill in UC2 was having the ability to use all the guns in the game. Not limiting yourself to one gun like it is currently in UC3.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 929 of 1,102 (178 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4775 posts

Sep 13, 2012

OWN1N45 wrote:

a20198610 wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

SHUT_UP_FOOLS wrote:

All of this sounds extremely unnecessary to me.

This mode isn't meant to be a carbon copy of Uncharted 2's balance or anything. Or rather, I should be saying, it shouldn't be trying to emulate how the guns worked in UC2. Reasoning? Because those guns are gone. They are not going to be the same in UC3 no matter what. Slapping a mod on isn't going to make it like UC2 at all.

The idea of the mode is to have the gameplay of UC2 in UC3. The gameplay includes strategy, how you play the maps to get the weapons you want. That strategy is gone in UC3 (power weapons aside) and is why we wanted this mode in the first place. The feeling of the weapons aren't important, it's the overall idea of starting with your basic guns and going out to get better guns. It encourages movement, it encourages better balance in the sense that "oh I can't always have this G-MAL, if I die, I lose it and have to wait awhile" and that's why UC2 was good.

UC2's style is like how older shooters worked and that was part of the fun. The newer elements UC3 introduced aside (sprint, throwback grenades, etc) this mode should keep the guns the same, no mods attached at all and let it be how it should be: get the gun you want and kill people with them because you earned it for going out there and getting that gun.

I should also mention part of the skill in UC2 was having the ability to use all the guns in the game. Not limiting yourself to one gun like it is currently in UC3.

Yeah the accuracy mod on the AK wouldn't be needed now since the GMAL got nerfed, this would also make the M9s a nice pickup as well to balance it out. I DO think the Para 9 should have an accuracy mod though because it barely makes a difference, why not?

tlousig2
Please use plain text.
Message 930 of 1,102 (161 Views)
0 Likes