Jun 17 2012
By: Fakehound Treasure Hunter 4795 posts

★ The Classic mode thread! ★ IT'S ALIVE!!!

[ Edited ]
1101 replies 18760 views Edited Nov 1, 2012

Major Update 10/23/12

Classic mode was implemented in 1.15, so enjoy. Be sure to leave feedback so that ND can perfect the playlist guys!

Here are a list of things that I personally think should be tweaked, if you agree or disagree be sure to let ND know so that they can change it.

• Revenge is kind of annoying but I'm liking no throwbacks a lot. If ND would just tweak stealth kills with revenge it would be fine...

• Giving the Para 9 an accuracy mod would be cool and maybe giving the micro a ROF mod to make it a little more like U2's would be great.

• While this isn't really anything related to gameplay, I do wish we could have weapon skins used like in hardcore, for example you'd be able to use the ND AK without any of the mods, just for looks. Not important, but it would be cool, especially with all the new skins.

The Health

Would be the same health we have at the moment, no 1.05 health here.

The AK-47

Vanilla AK, plain and simple.

The G-MAL

It is just how it is right now, no mods, just a vanilla G-MAL. These would be spread across the map similar to U2.

The M9

There would be 2-4 M9s scattered across the map.

The FAL-SS and KAL-7

Maybe give them certain mods to increase their effectiveness?

Grenades

One slot, no throwbacks.

The Micro

We can't forget the Micro, this would be just like in Uncharted 2, have a micro at a certain part of the map, and it would be good like it was in Uncharted 2, not the watered down version we have now. In order to make it more useful than it is now, Option 1 would be to increase the accuracy and lessen the amount of bullets to kill. Another option would be to equip it with a rate of fire mod and blindfire mod.

The Pistole

Would be slightly  better than it is right now, however I think it just needs a very slight buff in general with its blindfire accuracy and range, not just for classic.

The Para 9

To try and make this like the 92FS, it would be equipped with an accuracy mod. If possible, try and make it as close as you can to the 92FS without 1 shot steel fisting.

Dragon sniper

The Dragon taking 2 shots to kill with no recoil would be great.

The MAG-5, Hammer, and RPG, and shotgun

Would all stay the same.

Power Weapons

Would be as symmetrical as possible so that they aren't closer to one side or the other.

Sprint

Leave it as it is. Possibly decrease sprint endurance?

Community suggestions

If we could keep any of our weapon skins similar to hardcore that would be awesome, the mods wouldn't be available, so the skins would just be for show.

Support!

Leave your feedback, tell ND what YOU think would make Classic mode better!

tlousig2
Message 756 of 1,102 (18,760 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Re: Lets make a 'Classic' mode!

Feb 26, 2012

Oh yes. This should happen.

Shotgun needs extra autoaim lockon though if we are emulating Uncharted 2

Grenades moved to 2 slots, but... the radius would need drastic changing in U3 terms you can be half way across the map away from a nade and die from it.

Message 1 of 1,102 (18,760 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Feb 26, 2012

Played a pseudo version of this in customs earlier

*No kickbacks

*No powerplays

*Only AK and Para

It was great fun.

Message 2 of 1,102 (18,760 Views)
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Feb 26, 2012

I would die happy if such a mode was implemented, haha. But then, I was advocating this since way before even the first beta. It's basically never going to happen (maybe if there was no Hardcore, there might have been a chance...), but we can dream, right?

I think having two grenades would be great, if we wanted to really emulate UC2. It doesn't cause any sorta drastic imbalance, far as I'm concerned, especially since you can throw 'em back now. I miss having two grenades. Hence why I frequently purchase Explosive Expert before matches that might be challenging.

Needs hardly be said that Power Plays and Paid Boosters would be out of the equation as well. 

We'd really need to see the strafing + stopping power thing resolved though. SP shouldn't affect it anymore, which would also mean that Fleet Foot Gold's speed would need a reduction. But yeah, that's all been discussed before, I guess.

Sigh. Talking about this mode makes me quite sad that we'll probably never see it.

Message 3 of 1,102 (18,760 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2360 posts

Feb 26, 2012

Everyone will pick up the G-MAL xD but it sounds good, kudos.

Yes im still alive
Message 4 of 1,102 (18,759 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4795 posts

Feb 26, 2012

Xx-Raptor-A4-xX wrote:

Everyone will pick up the G-MAL xD but it sounds good, kudos.

I like how people on here abuse the word troll even though you obviously have no idea what the word means.

I'm guessing 1.06 will nerf its stopping power slightly. Hopefully. Maybe. Probably not...

tlousig2
Message 5 of 1,102 (18,759 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2360 posts

Feb 26, 2012

Slightly... *sigh*

Yes im still alive
Message 6 of 1,102 (18,759 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
962 posts

Feb 26, 2012

But the maps aren't balanced.

Message 7 of 1,102 (18,759 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4795 posts

Feb 26, 2012

Pytlaks wrote:

But the maps aren't balanced.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My U3 fix list: FAL stopping power decrease, FAL fire rate decrease, FAL recoil decrease, FAL dmg increase, G-Mal stopping power decrease, RoF recoil increase, AK headshot dmg increase, Tau ammo increase, Raffica dmg increase, Explosive Expert always gives two grenades, KBE time increase, Cloaked gives complete silence, Endurance effects increased, Co-op boosters not copied from competitive, Scoped In leveling fixed, Mega bomb cost decrease, Juggernaut cost decrease, Creepy Crawler explosive resistance, Hardcore treasure drop increase, More classes in Hunter, Power weapon mods for co-op, Team death match variations, Seperate objective mode for custom games,

They can put the power weapons at different spots than they are now to make it as symmetrical as possible, I'll be sure to include that in the OP.

tlousig2
Message 8 of 1,102 (18,759 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
437 posts

Feb 26, 2012

Yeah, I'd like to see these new weapons shooting with the same sound of the weapons in U2 too

Just like at 0:44 and 1:15 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNTIGDyhpOM

Message 9 of 1,102 (18,759 Views)
0 Likes