Its great to see that we will be getting the classic mode! But we all know that ND is going to mess atleast ONE thing up with this new mode, so everybody be ready to start a "Classic Mode Improvement Thread" when we need one.
Sweet, sweet victory!
You should feel ****ing awesome Fakehound. You are now free to gloat/use this in a forum argument. "Oh, you disagree with me, eh? Let's see...my opinions were able to make a team of game devlopers feel compelled to seriously alter their game. What have you done?
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!
You guys seem to be forgeting that UC2 is different in MANY more ways than just weaponary.
- Sprinting (duh).
- Grenades -- Everyone knows you can't throw them back, but no more "tap-a-nade." Not sure if you can drop a 'nade while rolling (I think so, though). You could carry TWO and 3 with some booster (explosive expert?).
- But, back to weapons. Whoever it was who started this thread said ADD accuracy to the UC3 AK. What? The AK from UC2 is EXTREMELY inaccurate.(The only reason it works is because its stopping power is pretty freaking strong). Don't get me wrong I love the accuracy mod for the AK and think that it's a GOOD idea, but an absolutely NOT classic feature.
- Sniper -- This is a personal opinion, but I think that the T-bolt is way easier to aim with than the dragon (UC2) , and I'm not talking about auto aim, but just the aiming control. The dragon (UC2) shoots significantly faster than the T-bolt and is not automatically a 1-shot-kill. If you shoot someone in their toe/arm, it doesn't kill them (What? That's INSANE!).
- Pistole was more powerful in UC2 , but IMO it was OVERpowered (If you remember, EVERYONE in the sanctuary went for the pistole and it was a kill fest). I think it's good now, but for "historical accuracy (?)"...
- Melee -- No more "wack-n-roll" (Well, I guess that answers all those people who didn't think ND put it there on purpose. Or tap-a-nade too, I guess).
- The booster were completely different (the reason being, they but many of the UC2 "boosters" into mods for actual guns).
At the end of the day the question is, "How classic do you want to make this mode?".
I love the idea and look forward to playing it if/when it comes out (maybe as a lab?).
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!
I can't believe my question was answered. It only got 6 kudos!! I don't think they are basing it off kudos anymore, just the questions they want. I guess it could be for the better though.
I wouldn't be so quick to celebrate. ND hasn't actually released the exact plans for the mode so it might as well be the farthest thing from classic mode. Look at the customization we got. Did it take ideas from Luxis' thread? Yes. Did it fulfill the idea that was Luxis' thread? No. Not that I'm against classic mode, but really, the biggest feature is there will be no RoF M9, which is already fulfilled in hardcore. I'm not going to particularly enjoy classic mode as U2 mp was never any more fun (not to say it wasn't more intricate or well polished) than U3 mp. As I've reexamined Classic mode it seems to be losing rank in my list of important improvements to the Mp. In my opinion, it isn't an item to be thrilled about, perhaps intrigued, but not thrilled.
Dear Naughty Dog,
__I have sat idly by for too long. You will NOT stand in the way of destiny! I will be in Co-Op Arena!
_____________________________________________Lots of love,
I'm hoping the mid-air explosions still work. That's the only way I ever get nade kills now.