Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
10104 posts
 

Re: ★ The Classic mode thread! ★ WE DID IT GUYS :D

Sep 13, 2012
Man, I love UC2. Long guns are horrible there. It's pistol land!
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 931 of 1,102 (373 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/17/2012
Offline
832 posts
 

Re: ★ The Classic mode thread! ★ WE DID IT GUYS :D

Sep 13, 2012

Congrats, can't wait to try this mode out.

I used to be real bad at UC2 but then I learned how to get so much better. At least we won't have to deal with the situational awareness issues..


PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Message 932 of 1,102 (365 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/07/2011
Offline
636 posts
 

Re: ★ The Classic mode thread! ★ WE DID IT GUYS :D

Sep 14, 2012

But we still have to deal with little variants of it. But its really not a huge deal. I would like the game just a little bit better if we didn't have any of this "seeing people through walls and exactly where people are" stuff.

Message 933 of 1,102 (343 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
10104 posts
 

Re: ★ The Classic mode thread! ★ WE DID IT GUYS :D

Sep 14, 2012

 

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 934 of 1,102 (331 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 12/08/2011
Offline
775 posts
 

Re: ★ The Classic mode thread! ★ WE DID IT GUYS :D

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

Fakehound wrote:

OWN1N45 wrote:

a20198610 wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

SHUT_UP_FOOLS wrote:
I hope we get the original AK aim sight. I don't like the dot in the middle in UC3.....

I doubt that'll happen but that would be kinda neat :smileyhappy:


There is more important thing:

Both standard guns; AK & Para9 must be equiped in accuracy mod - just to help emulate U2 flow better.

We all know how AK and pistol suck compared to U2. Health is ok but bullet spread and recoil for AK is a lot worst than in U2. Pistol should have at least lower recoil thx to accuracy mod.

 

Same with G-Mal which gonna laying on maps, and for M9 - however instead of ROF mod M9 should be equiped in big clip size and maybe also reload speed. For all players.

 

That's why we should write suggestions like this in PM to ND devs., on forum, their FB and twitter too. Well at least IMO.


All of this sounds extremely unnecessary to me.

 

This mode isn't meant to be a carbon copy of Uncharted 2's balance or anything. Or rather, I should be saying, it shouldn't be trying to emulate how the guns worked in UC2. Reasoning? Because those guns are gone. They are not going to be the same in UC3 no matter what. Slapping a mod on isn't going to make it like UC2 at all.

 

The idea of the mode is to have the gameplay of UC2 in UC3. The gameplay includes strategy, how you play the maps to get the weapons you want. That strategy is gone in UC3 (power weapons aside) and is why we wanted this mode in the first place. The feeling of the weapons aren't important, it's the overall idea of starting with your basic guns and going out to get better guns. It encourages movement, it encourages better balance in the sense that "oh I can't always have this G-MAL, if I die, I lose it and have to wait awhile" and that's why UC2 was good.

 

UC2's style is like how older shooters worked and that was part of the fun. The newer elements UC3 introduced aside (sprint, throwback grenades, etc) this mode should keep the guns the same, no mods attached at all and let it be how it should be: get the gun you want and kill people with them because you earned it for going out there and getting that gun.

 

I should also mention part of the skill in UC2 was having the ability to use all the guns in the game. Not limiting yourself to one gun like it is currently in UC3.


Yeah the accuracy mod on the AK wouldn't be needed now since the GMAL got nerfed, this would also make the M9s a nice pickup as well to balance it out. I DO think the Para 9 should have an accuracy mod though because it barely makes a difference, why not?


LOL. Are You both trying to say that Acc. mod making AK almost overpower gun, which not force anyone to pick up any diffrent gun??

 

Accuracy for AK don't lower recoil, don't even increase speed of killing.

It's just reduce bullet spread and making that gun more enjoyable on mid and on mid to long range. Even now in standard U3 TDM I still choosing Elena's/ Accuracy G-Mal more than AK. Especially on bigger open maps like Airport, Museum, Graveyard, Sanctuary, Fort, Plaza etc. and it serve me there better than automatics.

Same with Jade's/Flynn's/Chloe's M9 which I prefer to using in CQC maps like Cave or Cheatau more than Acc. Ak coz of bigger clip, faster reload, Call Out etc.

 

No matter if we gonna have in Classic Mode AK with or without Acc., people still gonna rush for G-Mal on Airport or Fort. (Or for SAS12, T-Bolt or Hammer.)

 

Just like I said before; that would be great if G-Mals and M9's laying on maps would have some mods too (Acc. for G-Mal and bigger clip & faster reload for M9) especially since half of people complaing how they can't get any kills with standard G-Mal (without Acc.)

 

Accuracy mod don't destroy that U2 flow. 

 

 

 

.........................................................................................................
Step back ND. King is Back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE
Message 935 of 1,102 (275 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/15/2010
Offline
1918 posts
 

Re: ★ The Classic mode thread! ★ WE DID IT GUYS :D

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

a20198610 wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

OWN1N45 wrote:

a20198610 wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

SHUT_UP_FOOLS wrote:
I hope we get the original AK aim sight. I don't like the dot in the middle in UC3.....

I doubt that'll happen but that would be kinda neat :smileyhappy:


There is more important thing:

Both standard guns; AK & Para9 must be equiped in accuracy mod - just to help emulate U2 flow better.

We all know how AK and pistol suck compared to U2. Health is ok but bullet spread and recoil for AK is a lot worst than in U2. Pistol should have at least lower recoil thx to accuracy mod.

 

Same with G-Mal which gonna laying on maps, and for M9 - however instead of ROF mod M9 should be equiped in big clip size and maybe also reload speed. For all players.

 

That's why we should write suggestions like this in PM to ND devs., on forum, their FB and twitter too. Well at least IMO.


All of this sounds extremely unnecessary to me.

 

This mode isn't meant to be a carbon copy of Uncharted 2's balance or anything. Or rather, I should be saying, it shouldn't be trying to emulate how the guns worked in UC2. Reasoning? Because those guns are gone. They are not going to be the same in UC3 no matter what. Slapping a mod on isn't going to make it like UC2 at all.

 

The idea of the mode is to have the gameplay of UC2 in UC3. The gameplay includes strategy, how you play the maps to get the weapons you want. That strategy is gone in UC3 (power weapons aside) and is why we wanted this mode in the first place. The feeling of the weapons aren't important, it's the overall idea of starting with your basic guns and going out to get better guns. It encourages movement, it encourages better balance in the sense that "oh I can't always have this G-MAL, if I die, I lose it and have to wait awhile" and that's why UC2 was good.

 

UC2's style is like how older shooters worked and that was part of the fun. The newer elements UC3 introduced aside (sprint, throwback grenades, etc) this mode should keep the guns the same, no mods attached at all and let it be how it should be: get the gun you want and kill people with them because you earned it for going out there and getting that gun.

 

I should also mention part of the skill in UC2 was having the ability to use all the guns in the game. Not limiting yourself to one gun like it is currently in UC3.


Yeah the accuracy mod on the AK wouldn't be needed now since the GMAL got nerfed, this would also make the M9s a nice pickup as well to balance it out. I DO think the Para 9 should have an accuracy mod though because it barely makes a difference, why not?


LOL. Are You both trying to say that Acc. mod making AK almost overpower gun, which not force anyone to pick up any diffrent gun??

 

 


No, I'm not saying that at all. Reread my post. I'm saying it's unnecessary.

 

Putting any mods on any gun will just make anything appear as a problem, it'll just be fuel for the fire... that people are sooo willing to create for anything. Just make it as vanilla as possible with regards to guns. There's no need to make them "better" in any capacity with mods. It's better that way. Less complaints. Less whiney attitudes. More fun.

Photobucket
Message 936 of 1,102 (241 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 12/08/2011
Offline
775 posts
 

Re: ★ The Classic mode thread! ★ WE DID IT GUYS :D

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

OWN1N45 wrote:

a20198610 wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

OWN1N45 wrote:

a20198610 wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

SHUT_UP_FOOLS wrote:
I hope we get the original AK aim sight. I don't like the dot in the middle in UC3.....

I doubt that'll happen but that would be kinda neat :smileyhappy:


There is more important thing:

Both standard guns; AK & Para9 must be equiped in accuracy mod - just to help emulate U2 flow better.

We all know how AK and pistol suck compared to U2. Health is ok but bullet spread and recoil for AK is a lot worst than in U2. Pistol should have at least lower recoil thx to accuracy mod.

 

Same with G-Mal which gonna laying on maps, and for M9 - however instead of ROF mod M9 should be equiped in big clip size and maybe also reload speed. For all players.

 

That's why we should write suggestions like this in PM to ND devs., on forum, their FB and twitter too. Well at least IMO.


All of this sounds extremely unnecessary to me.

 

This mode isn't meant to be a carbon copy of Uncharted 2's balance or anything. Or rather, I should be saying, it shouldn't be trying to emulate how the guns worked in UC2. Reasoning? Because those guns are gone. They are not going to be the same in UC3 no matter what. Slapping a mod on isn't going to make it like UC2 at all.

 

The idea of the mode is to have the gameplay of UC2 in UC3. The gameplay includes strategy, how you play the maps to get the weapons you want. That strategy is gone in UC3 (power weapons aside) and is why we wanted this mode in the first place. The feeling of the weapons aren't important, it's the overall idea of starting with your basic guns and going out to get better guns. It encourages movement, it encourages better balance in the sense that "oh I can't always have this G-MAL, if I die, I lose it and have to wait awhile" and that's why UC2 was good.

 

UC2's style is like how older shooters worked and that was part of the fun. The newer elements UC3 introduced aside (sprint, throwback grenades, etc) this mode should keep the guns the same, no mods attached at all and let it be how it should be: get the gun you want and kill people with them because you earned it for going out there and getting that gun.

 

I should also mention part of the skill in UC2 was having the ability to use all the guns in the game. Not limiting yourself to one gun like it is currently in UC3.


Yeah the accuracy mod on the AK wouldn't be needed now since the GMAL got nerfed, this would also make the M9s a nice pickup as well to balance it out. I DO think the Para 9 should have an accuracy mod though because it barely makes a difference, why not?


LOL. Are You both trying to say that Acc. mod making AK almost overpower gun, which not force anyone to pick up any diffrent gun??

 

 


No, I'm not saying that at all. Reread my post. I'm saying it's unnecessary.

 

Putting any mods on any gun will just make anything appear as a problem, it'll just be fuel for the fire... that people are sooo willing to create for anything. Just make it as vanilla as possible with regards to guns. There's no need to make them "better" in any capacity with mods. It's better that way. Less complaints. Less whiney attitudes. More fun.


Yes, You just wroted it's unnecessary, but You also wroted that: "I should also mention part of the skill in UC2 was having the ability to use all the guns in the game. Not limiting yourself to one gun like it is currently in UC3." - as answer on my proposition about add Accuracy mod. to AK.

Right? I know it's only part of your answer, but you shouldn't be suprised why I understanded You like that.

 

Your point of view sounds like any buff for starting weapons would be reason to complaining. But seriously... For Who?

 

Even after 1.09 where ND slighty buffed AK bullet spread, some people still complaining that gun is still not enough good. Which is not true if you using for example Eddy's AK or Acc. mod.

AK with acc. own M9 without ROF and G-Mal on close range. (Unless we hit AK user with 2 full G-Mal bursts in row=Instant kill)

It's pretty equal against M9 without ROF on mid to close.

Slighty worst on mid against M9.

And worst than M9 and G-Mal on mid to long.

 

Besides like I said G-Mal without Acc. (just like AK) is too hard to using for a lot of people, so add for him Acc. would just make him useful for them. However G-Mal with Acc. mod compared with vanilla AK without Acc. looking little to powerful even on mid range. (Just wait until people get their Scope In lv.3 again)

 

Acc. mods just make those guns more enjoyable for less skilled players. We should criticize BS like: Kal7, ROF, Revenge, Quick Boom, PING!, but We can't thinking about U3 mp as a place just for skilled players. At least this is how i looking on that aspect.

If all people gonna have those mods - no matter which lv they have, there won't by complaining on not fair chances. :smileyhappy:

 

Everybody gonna have still equal, solid stuff. 

.........................................................................................................
Step back ND. King is Back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE
Message 937 of 1,102 (211 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/17/2011
Offline
3077 posts
 

Re: ★ The Classic mode thread! ★ WE DID IT GUYS :D

Sep 14, 2012

As an aside: 

 

Is there any concrete news about what "Classic Mode" means, and how it will be set up?  Will it be available as a "Custom Game" option as well?  Any links with info would be appreciated (far to lazy at this moment to do anything about that mahself). 

*****************************************
YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

*****************************************


Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com








Message 938 of 1,102 (188 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/12/2009
Offline
4780 posts
 

Re: ★ The Classic mode thread! ★ WE DID IT GUYS :D

Sep 14, 2012

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

As an aside: 

 

Is there any concrete news about what "Classic Mode" means, and how it will be set up?  Will it be available as a "Custom Game" option as well?  Any links with info would be appreciated (far to lazy at this moment to do anything about that mahself). 


I'm sure it will be a game type and it will be available in custom games as well.

tlousig2
Message 939 of 1,102 (179 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/02/2011
Offline
178 posts
 

Re: ★ The Classic mode thread! ★ WE DID IT GUYS :D

Sep 14, 2012

Oh good YAY classic mode.

Message 940 of 1,102 (175 Views)
Reply
0 Likes