Mar 07 2013
By: Matt07chs Splicer 45 posts

The Free 2 Play (F2P)

[ Edited ]
15 replies 441 views Edited Mar 7, 2013

The Free 2 Play (F2P) was a great idea. Getting new players to join the game equals more players for the community and more money for Naughty Dog. It's a win win.

And for all the original Uncharted 3 disc owners, we got a big thank you for being supportive and etc. You're welcome and I'm glad to still be playing a excellent multiplayer game that I can't get enough of.

But a simple question: why can't original disc owners, with online passes, all the DLC Map packs, people that have been here since day 1 with Uncharted 3 and some (me) that have been here for the multiplayer experience since Uncharted 2, who have spent a couple hundred dollars on these 2 games and DLC alone (probably more).

Why do we have to purchase a no level cap to level up F2P?

We bought the game already, why do we need to purchase yet another thing that's already apart of the game?

You may ask, "why don't you just play it on the disc?"

You do know that a game running off the hard drive is much smoother and faster? Right?

If you're already passed the level cap... What's the problem of just letting original disc owners play F2P for free? 100% free, not partially free.

edit: Title edited to reflect the subject

Message 1 of 16 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

Re: Eric-ND and the Rest of the Team

Mar 7, 2013

Matt07chs wrote:
The Free 2 Play (F2P) was a great idea. Getting new players to join the game equals more players for the community and more money for Naughty Dog. It's a win win.

And for all the original Uncharted 3 disc owners, we got a big thank you for being supportive and etc. You're welcome and I'm glad to still be playing a excellent multiplayer game that I can't get enough of.

But a simple question: why can't original disc owners, with online passes, all the DLC Map packs, people that have been here since day 1 with Uncharted 3 and some (me) that have been here for the multiplayer experience since Uncharted 2, who have spent a couple hundred dollars on these 2 games and DLC alone (probably more).

Why do we have to purchase a no level cap to level up F2P?

We bought the game already, why do we need to purchase yet another thing that's already apart of the game?

You may ask, "why don't you just play it on the disc?"

You do know that a game running off the hard drive is much smoother and faster? Right?

If you're already passed the level cap... What's the problem of just letting original disc owners play F2P for free? 100% free, not partially free.

A crappy paw icon as a big thank you? What did you get that I didn't? Wetsuit Elena? Rika? Pinkerton?

Message 2 of 16 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Because:

1) Greed.
2) GameStop trade-ins.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 3 of 16 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Mar 7, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Because:

1) Greed.
2) GameStop trade-ins.

Probably 2. It would be easy just to insert someone else's disc once and cheat out of paying €20.

Message 4 of 16 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Mar 7, 2013
A T-shirt too lol. Honestly, I didn't really need anything else... but when I heard F2P coming for us... I thought it was gonna be FREE 2 play >_>
Message 5 of 16 (411 Views)
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Per my ongoing messages with Eric-ND, ND's stance is this: F2P is to get new players to join our playerpool.

it was never designed for the "veterans." ND wants you to keep your disc. They dont want you selling it to Gamestop. They would rather new players get hooked on F2P and then buy the full game. Thats why they keep pushing the Game of the Year edition (which is a killer deal, truth be told). Its also why they overprice the hell out of Arena, 25 level limit, and so on. To make people resist buying the game piece mail (because they know its ridiculous), and instead convice them to buy the Game of the Year.

Ive let Eric know that they really messed up and shortchanged people like you and me for not allowing us to simply play off our HDDs. Hell, I paid $10 for Co-op Arena to disable the ads. I cant even earn XP, in competitive nor Co-op (which is a complete fail..).

TL;DR: F2P was designed to grow the player pool.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 6 of 16 (410 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Because:

1) Greed.
2) GameStop trade-ins.

Probably 2. It would be easy just to insert someone else's disc once and cheat out of paying €20.

Are you serious? Inserting a used disc won't magically generate an online pass out of thin air. You would still need to have an online pass in your download list.

Arne said on NeoGAF that they were afraid that the market would be flooded with UC3 discs, which is total BS for many reasons. Who in their right mind would trade in a 2-year old game just to get $5? Not to mention that you would lose the ability to play the SP.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 7 of 16 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Re: The Free 2 Play (F2P)

Mar 7, 2013
Oh, I forgot you need an online pass. Would still save you €10 on unlocking the full MP.
Message 8 of 16 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:
Oh, I forgot you need an online pass. Would still save you €10 on unlocking the full MP.

No, because it costs €15/$20.

Do you honestly think that the Full Competitive MP (without DLC maps) is worth more than $10?

The KZ3 MP costs $15 and that includes all the DLC maps.

Message 9 of 16 (285 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1135 posts

Mar 7, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

No, because it costs €15/$20.

Do you honestly think that the Full Competitive MP (without DLC maps) is worth more than $10?

The KZ3 MP costs $15 and that includes all the DLC maps.

I honestly think this game is worth $20 - $30 all together in the Multiplayer aspect.

Message 10 of 16 (276 Views)
0 Likes