Nov 08 2013
By: GDunKK Splicer 44 posts

The Game Seems Easier Now

16 replies 380 views Edited Nov 8, 2013

First let me say that personally, I'm a very mediocre player. My KDR is around 1.09 and I'm the type of player that has ZERO chance against the 4th and 5th legacy players and can barely hold my own against 1st and 2nd legacy's.

But after 1.18, I seem to be doing much better...I've won like 15-20 FFA matches this week where normally I'm lucky to win 5 or 10. I'm not sure why. Everything seems so much smoother with much less frustration. 

Anyone else feel this way and has your game gotten better, worse or basically the same as pre-1.18??

I love these changes and I was one of the biggest blindfire noobs in the community.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2837 posts

Re: The Game Seems Easier Now

Nov 8, 2013

The first few days after the patch it felt like that to me too. But the lag has set back in. Last night was horrible. So many 1 bar players. French superstars on their 2nd and 3rd accounts with 5.0 KDRs are not fun. But the lack of blindfire (lag or not) is very nice.

http://YouTube.com/0oBLiTZoo
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (376 Views)
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:

The first few days after the patch it felt like that to me too. But the lag has set back in. Last night was horrible. So many 1 bar players. French superstars on their 2nd and 3rd accounts with 5.0 KDRs are not fun. But the lack of blindfire (lag or not) is very nice.

Yup the lag is certainly back with vengeance. But I 've been enjoying the game alot more after the patch.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (369 Views)
Welcoming Committee
12639 posts

Nov 8, 2013

The lag in a game I had about 20 minutes ago was horrifying..

Worst bit was.. The players were English.. The south of England to be exact. 40 miles from me. and they were lagging?

Lol That shouldn't happen.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Nov 8, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Worst bit was.. The players were English.. The south of England to be exact. 40 miles from me. and they were lagging?

Haha you know I remember telling @nationm04 that it seems the new ping adjustments now finds the laggiest North Americans lol. I've been finding alot of Americans & Canadians since the patch & alot of them lag horribly as well. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2837 posts

Nov 8, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Haha you know I remember telling @nationm04 that it seems the new ping adjustments now finds the laggiest North Americans lol. I've been finding alot of Americans & Canadians since the patch & alot of them lag horribly as well. 

Regional doesn't always mean low ping. Low ping doesn't always mean regional.

Here in the U.S. there are a lot of rural areas that have no wired internet services available. More and more country folk are using 3G and 4G wireless internet to game online. And even those who do live in the suburbs and cities are using 3G/4G wireless services because they can be cheaper. They can rarely achieve a ping below 150ms to even the closest server. And they are erratic. Sometimes pinging low for a brief burst then quickly back up to the 250+ ms that is normally observed. I think this is why they find thier way into otherwise good lobbies. A brief moment of speed pits them against well connected players, but when the match starts the well connected players suffer the compensation.

http://YouTube.com/0oBLiTZoo
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (344 Views)
Splicer
44 posts

Nov 8, 2013

One more thing...I love that they increased FFA from 15 kills to 20. The medals seem to pour in and now it's not uncommom to get between 25-30 medals in a single match.

Without the ability to throw back a cluster bomb, this is now my kickback of choice ....and getting to use it twice per game is pretty sweet.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3847 posts

Nov 8, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Youre.....English?? Well i never. Always thought you were a yank :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12639 posts

Nov 9, 2013

monkeybutler100 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Youre.....English?? Well i never. Always thought you were a yank :smileyvery-happy:

Nope I'm not. But I'm close enough. and I'm still technically Canadian even though I don't live there :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9751 posts

Nov 9, 2013
I just wish more Asians played this game. MAYBE THEN I can have less lag. Goddamn US distance.
Currently looking for GTA Online friends who aren't obviously bad sports.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (290 Views)
0 Likes