Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 06 2013
By: AliMakaveli Treasure Hunter 3719 posts
Accepted Solution

The IMPOSSIBLE Fix?

41 replies 422 views Edited May 6, 2013

Yesterday, me Joe and Psychock were playing Plunder, it truly was an AMAZING game as it was 5 v 5. It was tight and simply sublime BUT then someone from our team decides to leave and then hilarity ensues.

This handicap costs us big time, what made things worse was a fresh noob joins us at the death who knows nothing and it feels as if we are still 1 man short.

We lost 4-5 at the end, but it was a frustrating loss. Had we lost with the same 5 players then I would've given credit to the other team, but to lose with one mad down is hard to take.

This happens often in U3 (and maybe other games) but is there a solution to this? I understand sometimes players have to leave the game, but that comes at a price for the rest of the team, especially if they've just about got their necks in front.

Leaving a game is justifiable, but it can cost your team sometimes, so I don't really see a fix for this problem. Thats why I call it "the impossible fix"

Message 1 of 42 (422 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: The IMPOSSIBLE Fix?

May 6, 2013

AliMakaveli wrote:

Yesterday, me Joe and Psychock were playing Plunder, it truly was an AMAZING game as it was 5 v 5. It was tight and simply sublime BUT then someone from our team decides to leave and then hilarity ensues.

This handicap costs us big time, what made things worse was a fresh noob joins us at the death who knows nothing and it feels as if we are still 1 man short.

We lost 4-5 at the end, but it was a frustrating loss. Had we lost with the same 5 players then I would've given credit to the other team, but to lose with one mad down is hard to take.

This happens often in U3 (and maybe other games) but is there a solution to this? I understand sometimes players have to leave the game, but that comes at a price for the rest of the team, especially if they've just about got their necks in front.

Leaving a game is justifiable, but it can cost your team sometimes, so I don't really see a fix for this problem. Thats why I call it "the impossible fix"

You lost, suck it up and 

DEAL WITH IT.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 2 of 42 (413 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 6, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

AliMakaveli wrote:

You lost, suck it up and 

DEAL WITH IT.

How constructive.

Message 3 of 42 (399 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 6, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

AliMakaveli wrote:

You lost, suck it up and 

DEAL WITH IT.

How constructive.

His whole post was about how he is sad he lost because his team member left. If people don't want to stay in a game they will find a way to leave it the best thing to do is to just 

suck it up and 

DEAL WITH IT.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 4 of 42 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 6, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

AliMakaveli wrote:

You lost, suck it up and 

DEAL WITH IT.

How constructive.

His whole post was about how he is sad he lost because his team member left. If people don't want to stay in a game they will find a way to leave it the best thing to do is to just 

suck it up and 

DEAL WITH IT.

Telll me more. :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 42 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
512 posts

May 6, 2013
Nope, it's about how there is no fix for a player leaving. In TDM or any kill orientated mode it isn't too bad but in an objective based match, it can loose you the match.

I had a plunder match on Airstrip yesterday and we were being dominated 4-0 and then 3 people from the other team left and we turned it round and won 5-4 in about 3 minutes.
Message 6 of 42 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

May 6, 2013

At least you were three people on your team who tried to capture the idol. Try playing matches where everyone on your team are allergic to the idol (and still win).

Message 7 of 42 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4928 posts

May 6, 2013
I hate people that refuse to touch the treasure. I went 57-12 in Plunder yesterday. With two captures.
 photo Untitled-1_zps6a2e69f8.jpg
Message 8 of 42 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3719 posts

May 6, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

suck it up and 

DEAL WITH IT.

*ultimate facepalm* 

look up the term irony

Message 9 of 42 (351 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

May 6, 2013

It's that kind of "quitter mentality" that many Uncharted players have nowadays. Whenever things don't go their way, they just quit. Losing? Trying to come back...? Not these sissies. That's part of the things that ruin Uncharted 3.

Many of my loses come from such a crap and it is frustrating indeed. But what can you do? Nothing, unfortunately. You can look down on these players (and rightly so) but you don't even know who they really are and they don't care...

The best thing is not to care about it. It's easier said than done, especially after such a match, but it's your best option overall. :smileywink:

Message 10 of 42 (336 Views)