Reply
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2203 posts
 

Re: The IMPOSSIBLE Fix?

May 7, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

On topic.

What exactly do you want to happen? No quitting? What if I REALLY need to leave now? What if my internet drops? There's tons of things that could happen RL that would make someone leave a game.

 

Unless there's a way to stop time, quitting can and WILL happen.

 

Seriously, I'm not going to be late for school because someone in my team wants me to stay in a match.


That's understandable quitting, when players quit because the teams are imbalanced and before anyone says that Uncharted 3 has bad team balance, play Black Ops 2 for a little bit. You think getting matched with 5th legacies is bad, I get matched with 10th prestige players and Im only a prestige 2.

 

Anyway most players on Uncharted just quit whenever they see one or two players that are better than average. I know this one guy I run into alot in Objectives,he just leaves as soon as the match starts, even when I play solo he just ragequits without even trying.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 31 of 42 (277 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 07/16/2012
Offline
650 posts
 

Re: The IMPOSSIBLE Fix?

May 7, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

On topic.

What exactly do you want to happen? No quitting? What if I REALLY need to leave now? What if my internet drops? There's tons of things that could happen RL that would make someone leave a game.

 

Unless there's a way to stop time, quitting can and WILL happen.

 

Seriously, I'm not going to be late for school because someone in my team wants me to stay in a match.


That's understandable quitting, when players quit because the teams are imbalanced and before anyone says that Uncharted 3 has bad team balance, play Black Ops 2 for a little bit. You think getting matched with 5th legacies is bad, I get matched with 10th prestige players and Im only a prestige 2.

 

Anyway most players on Uncharted just quit whenever they see one or two players that are better than average. I know this one guy I run into alot in Objectives,he just leaves as soon as the match starts, even when I play solo he just ragequits without even trying.


I thonk I know the guy who your talking about. Does he put the word "sky" in his clan tag?

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 32 of 42 (268 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3511 posts
 

Re: The IMPOSSIBLE Fix?

May 7, 2013

AliMakaveli wrote:

Yesterday, me Joe and Psychock were playing Plunder, it truly was an AMAZING game as it was 5 v 5. It was tight and simply sublime BUT then someone from our team decides to leave and then hilarity ensues.

 

This handicap costs us big time, what made things worse was a fresh noob joins us at the death who knows nothing and it feels as if we are still 1 man short.

 

We lost 4-5 at the end, but it was a frustrating loss. Had we lost with the same 5 players then I would've given credit to the other team, but to lose with one mad down is hard to take.

 

This happens often in U3 (and maybe other games) but is there a solution to this? I understand sometimes players have to leave the game, but that comes at a price for the rest of the team, especially if they've just about got their necks in front.

 

Leaving a game is justifiable, but it can cost your team sometimes, so I don't really see a fix for this problem. Thats why I call it "the impossible fix"

 

 


yeah, I personally want more punishment for quitting, but that doesn't sit well with the community because of all the party splits, removed from game, spinning ring, etc.

 

but I guess a fix could be that at least someone around the same level of the one that quitted joins, and not just a random person, because quitting happens so much, that team balancing is not even nescessary, you will be playing against 5 others at the end of the match anyway...

Message 33 of 42 (248 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 03/03/2013
Offline
364 posts
 

Re: The IMPOSSIBLE Fix?

May 7, 2013
Solution: Don't worry, be happy.
Smiley Very Happy
Signature Size for Contest July TLOU photo FINALSARAH_zpse2590fe2.jpg
Message 34 of 42 (240 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
7531 posts
 

Re: The IMPOSSIBLE Fix?

May 7, 2013

Is it that hard to make the game recognize if someone actually manually quits the game or if they are removed? i cant tell you how many losses i have gotten from removals.Now some were losses so i was gonna lose anyway but most were alsowins that have been turned losses for no reason

Sleep Matt signature
Message 35 of 42 (238 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14231 posts
 

Re: The IMPOSSIBLE Fix?

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2013

I think (Wrong Word) I have the other solution too...

 

ND created Uncharted 2, a game viewed by many as serious business, You play, you battle for power weapons, you control the map, you win or lose with more or less fair games providing no one is doing something which is just out of the ordinary like glitching.

 

ND created Uncharted 3 a game with loads of casual stuff, I hate that term I really do, we are all gamers, but look at the cheap ways you can die, kickbacks, power plays and so on, it's pretty much designed for people to pick up and play, that also brings in the kind of people who pick up their bags and vacate when they don't like how it's going.

 

Strip your game of any dignity and the players will have no integrity, create a game with integrity and players will mostly play with dignity.



Message 36 of 42 (234 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
6978 posts
 

Re: The IMPOSSIBLE Fix?

May 7, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

I think (Wrong Word) I have the other solution too...

 

ND created Uncharted 2, a game viewed by many as serious business, You play, you battle for power weapons, you control the map, you win or lose with more or less fair games providing no one is doing something which is just out of the ordinary like glitching.

 

ND created Uncharted 2 a game with loads of casual stuff, I hate that term I really do, we are all gamers, but look at the cheap ways you can die, kickbacks, power plays and so on, it's pretty much designed for people to pick up and play, that also brings in the kind of people who pick up their bags and vacate when they don't like how it's going.

 

Strip your game of any dignity and the players will have no integrity, create a game with integrity and players will mostly play with dignity.


Sounds like two completely different Uncharted 2s.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 37 of 42 (230 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3511 posts
 

Re: The IMPOSSIBLE Fix?

May 7, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I think (Wrong Word) I have the other solution too...

 

ND created Uncharted 2, a game viewed by many as serious business, You play, you battle for power weapons, you control the map, you win or lose with more or less fair games providing no one is doing something which is just out of the ordinary like glitching.

 

ND created Uncharted 2 a game with loads of casual stuff, I hate that term I really do, we are all gamers, but look at the cheap ways you can die, kickbacks, power plays and so on, it's pretty much designed for people to pick up and play, that also brings in the kind of people who pick up their bags and vacate when they don't like how it's going.

 

Strip your game of any dignity and the players will have no integrity, create a game with integrity and players will mostly play with dignity.


Sounds like two completely different Uncharted 2s.


I'm pretty sure he meant uncharted 3 in the second part, and I agree with him on it if that was what he meant Smiley Wink

Message 38 of 42 (220 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14231 posts
 

Re: The IMPOSSIBLE Fix?

May 7, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I think (Wrong Word) I have the other solution too...

 

ND created Uncharted 2, a game viewed by many as serious business, You play, you battle for power weapons, you control the map, you win or lose with more or less fair games providing no one is doing something which is just out of the ordinary like glitching.

 

ND created Uncharted 2 a game with loads of casual stuff, I hate that term I really do, we are all gamers, but look at the cheap ways you can die, kickbacks, power plays and so on, it's pretty much designed for people to pick up and play, that also brings in the kind of people who pick up their bags and vacate when they don't like how it's going.

 

Strip your game of any dignity and the players will have no integrity, create a game with integrity and players will mostly play with dignity.


Sounds like two completely different Uncharted 2s.


Obviously a typo. I fixed the typo in the main post now.

 

Well I fail to even believe it was a typo. My Keyboard probably went awol and did it on it's own. I wouldn't ever admit to making a mistake.

 

Uncharted 3 is what I meant to say in the second paragraph.



Message 39 of 42 (202 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/08/2013
Offline
324 posts
 

Re: The IMPOSSIBLE Fix?

[ Edited ]
last month
 
Message 40 of 42 (187 Views)
Reply
0 Likes