Message 11 of 42 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14379 posts

Re: The IMPOSSIBLE Fix?

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013

AliMakaveli wrote:

Yesterday, me Joe and Psychock were playing Plunder, it truly was an AMAZING game as it was 5 v 5. It was tight and simply sublime BUT then someone from our team decides to leave and then hilarity ensues.

This handicap costs us big time, what made things worse was a fresh noob joins us at the death who knows nothing and it feels as if we are still 1 man short.

We lost 4-5 at the end, but it was a frustrating loss. Had we lost with the same 5 players then I would've given credit to the other team, but to lose with one mad down is hard to take.

This happens often in U3 (and maybe other games) but is there a solution to this? I understand sometimes players have to leave the game, but that comes at a price for the rest of the team, especially if they've just about got their necks in front.

Leaving a game is justifiable, but it can cost your team sometimes, so I don't really see a fix for this problem. Thats why I call it "the impossible fix"

There is one solution, This is why I wont play without a party really.

If I lose I want it to be fairly. Still some people will lag their faces off and still win unfairly but it minimizes the unfair balance a lot and it's something I can have control over.

I don't really have a problem with people quitting, If your getting dominated? Waste of time staying, sure I get it. I'd leave too if I was being more of a burden to my team than any actual help. That's because I like to think I'm being thoughtful towards my teammates though.

Leaving in a close contest? Eh.. I don't understand why someone would do that. I've lost a few games 5-4 in plunder, or lost in the last round of objectives. Not a problem, I contributed, everyone did. fair game, we lost.

Being dominated however is unbalance... It's just not worth staying in that situation, You do learn from close games but getting humiliated will do nothing except turn you into someone who loathes the game.

Message 12 of 42 (333 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

May 6, 2013

AliMakaveli wrote:

Yesterday, me Joe and Psychock were playing Plunder, it truly was an AMAZING game as it was 5 v 5. It was tight and simply sublime BUT then someone from our team decides to leave and then hilarity ensues.

This handicap costs us big time, what made things worse was a fresh noob joins us at the death who knows nothing and it feels as if we are still 1 man short.

We lost 4-5 at the end, but it was a frustrating loss. Had we lost with the same 5 players then I would've given credit to the other team, but to lose with one mad down is hard to take.

This happens often in U3 (and maybe other games) but is there a solution to this? I understand sometimes players have to leave the game, but that comes at a price for the rest of the team, especially if they've just about got their necks in front.

Leaving a game is justifiable, but it can cost your team sometimes, so I don't really see a fix for this problem. Thats why I call it "the impossible fix"

The only fix I could see is either increasing the quit penalty (Smiley Sad, too many reasons to not do this) or increasing the player count for each gun (e.g. 6v6, 7v7, etc.). That way if an individual player quits there is less of a gab between the teams. There are also other reasons for increasing the player count. Mostly that two noobs (even 1, Smiley Surprised) can easily lose any game or objective for you. I don't know about any sort of technical constraints to not increase the player count per game (excluding the size of maps, but that's not really technical). 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 13 of 42 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2016

Message 14 of 42 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

May 6, 2013

I don't see the big deal honestly. I deal with people quitting during a match a lot and sure, it can change the direction of the match but I don't care about that in all honesty. Me and my team could be doing horrible but if I'm having fun then it's all good. Your situation may of sucked but imagine playing TTDM by yourself because your partner left at the beginning, not to mention the other 2 teams were the same clan so it was actually 4 on 1. The funny thing is, I would've won. But someone decided it was too humiliating to lose 4 on 1 so he booted me from the game. Kinda got off topic there but the point is, don't let winning/losing get to you. Although I get if dealing with noobs, and losing to them,  would **bleep** you off. Just my 2 cents and I understand not everyone feels this way but w/e lol.

Message 15 of 42 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2016

Message 16 of 42 (311 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

May 7, 2013

hardyz-wont_DIE wrote:

I don't see the big deal honestly. I deal with people quitting during a match a lot and sure, it can change the direction of the match but I don't care about that in all honesty. Me and my team could be doing horrible but if I'm having fun then it's all good. Your situation may of sucked but imagine playing TTDM by yourself because your partner left at the beginning, not to mention the other 2 teams were the same clan so it was actually 4 on 1. The funny thing is, I would've won. But someone decided it was too humiliating to lose 4 on 1 so he booted me from the game. Kinda got off topic there but the point is, don't let winning/losing get to you. Although I get if dealing with noobs, and losing to them,  would **bleep** you off. Just my 2 cents and I understand not everyone feels this way but w/e lol.

I think taking this game seriously is just setting yourself up for disappointment and frustration. I still play it because it's fun and I accepted a long time ago that BS happens in this game. You just need to ignore it and have the best time you can. So basically I'm agreeing with you. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 17 of 42 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2016

Message 18 of 42 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 7, 2013

I'm a certifiable quitter. I quit when I lag, or if the score is around 10-30. I'm not staying for THAT kind of crap. Learn from it? What will I learn? That junkie laggers win? Great! I learned it WAY before. I don't need a rehashed lesson.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 19 of 42 (282 Views)
Last Guardian
11298 posts

May 7, 2013
If the OP was playing in a DLC map he would get at least an average player. But i believe that happens in every game, and yes, it truly is something impossible to fix.
Message 20 of 42 (280 Views)
0 Likes