Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 17 2012
By: Slaynman Wastelander 811 posts

The Introduction thread ( If you're new come here first!)

[ Edited ]
151 replies 814 views Edited Feb 17, 2013

Hey, are you new to uncharted? Do you need some help? Can't understand what the heck is going on? This shall be here for people new to the game. Whether you have been playing the game for 2 days or 2 months, come join and help improve your skills and maybe meet some people. Let us get started on some of the things you should know.

Obviously this will get updated more as it goes along.

Introduce Yourself

Before we even start, introduce yourself, that is what the thread is called after all. It's easy and it makes it so people know you better. Here, let me start off.

Hi, I'm slaynman. I've been playing uncharted since the first game but only joined this forum not even a year ago. I like all sorts of games from fps, tps, rpg, to fighting. I make guides and try to help the community in any way I can, I play uncharted quite a bit and hopefully I'll see you in a game sometime.

See? It doesn't need to be that long if you don't want it be, I don't need A/S/L, just introduction and maybe a little bit about yourself.

Now who have introduced themselves? Well looks like you'll have to do some reading (gasp!) and see. Maybe you'll find a friend or two.

(there used to be a list of everyone, but due to the forum moving awhile back, plus with how big that list would actually get, I decided to just scrap it).

General Forum Tips

If you're reading this, chances are you are new (or at least relatively new to the forum) so even if you have been to other forums before, maybe you should think a little before doing something here. There are many things that you could do wrong, so let us go over some things and make sure you don't make those mistakes.

1) Use the search bar

People tend to make many threads that range from many different topics, so please use the search bar and attempt to find a topic you want to discuss before clogging the forum up with a bunch of threads. Unlike some forums (like gamefaqs for example) threads won't really be locked from being too old, so if something is from december 2011 and it answers your question/is what you're looking for, bump it up if you really want.

2) Use proper sub-forums

This is the multiplayer section, and even though it is the most popular section, if you have some cool art that you made, don't post it here. If you just want a thread asking about people's day, there is a sub-section for that.

3) Do the right thing

Little vague but let me explain. There are some arguements, some trolls, but what forum doesn't have that? If you see some crazy crap going on, you don't need to be part of it, if someone is breaking the rules there is a report button (little button on the bottom of a post with the yellow hazard symbol), if there is a thread made that is just someone obviously trolling, don't take part in it at all. Common sense is harder to find then a hardcore treasure sometimes, but please show yours off and do the right thing.

4) People will take you more seriously if you act seriously

If you're a silly guy, sure you're a silly guy and there is nothing wrong about that, what I am talking about is how you talk and interact on this forum (and any forum really). If you type IN ALL CAPS, speilling mistakes everywhere, and complain all the time, people will not like you. If you write out your opinion/complaint, say what you have to say coherently and don't be a jerk, you'll see people warm up to you a lot faster.

5) Know the rules of the forum

I don't make the rules here, so whatever sony says kinda goes. If you don't follow the forum rules (which can be found in the useful guides/threads section below) your post can have a chance of being deleted, or your thread, or even being banned! You may get a warning here and there if you made a mistake but they won't be easy on you all the time.

Useful Guides/Threads

Some people in this community went out of their way to try to help beginners, and hey, they did. Let's start on some things you should read or at least glance over if you want to learn uncharted or learn this community here.

Becoming a better player (community project)

This is a big guide on the basics and some more advanced tactics on everything uncharted. It is a big help for people who are new and is recommended if you are new to uncharted (it is big, so make sure you have the time to actually read it).

http://community.us.playstation.com/docs/DOC-1076#comment-13244

Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Guide

Although Pete's guide is about becoming a better Uc3 player in general, this is for people who are completely new to the multiplayer and need some help on what is going on. Go check it out if you are a beginner.

http://community.us.playstation.com/docs/DOC-2216

Ask a Question

In terms of any question regarding uncharted 3 (or maybe some general forum stuff) it can be answered if you ask it here. Don't be shy if you don't know something.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4696317?start=0&tstart=0

Multiplayer Thanks Thread

This is a thread of mostly friendly people who just say thanks. It might be for if they ran into each other in a match, had a good time, or helped someone get a treasure. It is a mostly positive thread that would be a nice start if you are playing or meeting people in the community.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4535689?start=0&tstart=0

Uncharted 3 Community Podcast

Squid is someone who makes some great content in his podcasts, and is the reason why I'm making this right now. The podcast goes over a whole ton of different topics and talks about everything uncharted. If you got the time and patience then listen to one or two, it may help a little.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4662368?start=0&tstart=0

Patch Notes

Naughty Dog have changed the game quite a bit, fortunately they release these helpful little videos so you know what has been changed and you are ready for whatever is happening. If you want to know what's going on in Uc3 balance (and the community's opinion if you read the comments below) give it a look.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4693785?start=0&tstart=0

Uncharted 3 Survival Guide

It is a guide on, well what else? Surviving when playing the multiplayer. If you have trouble living or just want to improve your game, give it a read and maybe it will help.

http://community.us.playstation.com/docs/DOC-1067

Forum Rules

These are the rules of conduct that you pretty much must follow in order to stay here. Sometime maybe not follow them to a T, but just make sure anyways that you aren't breaking any.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4693774

Congrats Thread

Similar to the thanks thread, it is a positive thread of congratulating and happiness (at least I think it is).

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4663013

Beginner Scrims

What is a scrim you might ask? Well it is a custom game that you play just for fun. This will obviously not catch on right away but I would be willing to host scrims for newer players. When we get more people sure, but for now nothing is going to happen.

here is the link for the actual scrim thread - http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4662945?start=0&tstart=0

Remember to introduce yourself and hopefully you can have fun playing uncharted 3 single player....wait Uc3 has multiplayer too? Well play that as well.

4145 posts

Re: The Introduction thread

May 19, 2012

I would also like to recommend the power of the almighty search bar under the thread tips.

*Smooth transition*

Hey. I'm Toxic156, most people I know call me by my first legal name, but most people I play with call me Toxic. I've played all PS3 Uncharted entries chronologically, but sadly I missed the glorious days of UC2's 1.04 state by a little over a month. I was still able to see the diamond in the rough, and the promise of higher health moved me to UC3.

I started on the forums from reading the July blog post by ND, telling them to go on their forums to provide feedback. From there, I slowly learned the ropes of how game forums work. I also met some valuable friends along the way.

I play a lot of UC3, even though I have some complaints (read: a lot). I tend to play 1 game at a time so I can focus on story/trophies. I have a huge and ever-growing backlog of games from this generation that I still want to play, yet my wallet refuses to give me free money. Oh, and I do use my mic on ocassion, but only with friends. I think that covers most of it...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 1 of 152 (814 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1958 posts

May 20, 2012

Slaynman wrote:

Scoped-in revamp = 10/100% kciackbkcgeuid = 33/100%

I'm so happy someone finally started this thread. I brought this up in the second podcast and a couple videos over the past few months. HUGE props to Slayn to take the bulls by the horn and get this up.

http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/terms-and-conditions/

Twitter: @TryceUp

EOR

USN 04-08
Message 2 of 152 (814 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2304 posts

May 20, 2012

Yo, my name is John. I own a crap load of PS3 games (Somewhere around 50)

I play Uncharted.

That is all.

watchdogs
Message 3 of 152 (814 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2304 posts

May 20, 2012

PeteX19 wrote:

I'm PeteX19.

Drunk, will edit info tomorrow XD

Ahahaha.

watchdogs
Message 4 of 152 (814 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2304 posts

May 20, 2012

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Are you gonna put any effort into it? At all?

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

I play Uncharted.

That is all.

Nah, I was just lazy lol. I might edit more stuff in though.

watchdogs
Message 5 of 152 (814 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1571 posts

May 20, 2012

EDIT: "That is all" at the end of your post threw me off.

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

I play Uncharted.

That is all.

max
Message 6 of 152 (814 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18754 posts

May 20, 2012

King_Cobra97 wrote:

I don't need "effort."

Message 7 of 152 (814 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

May 20, 2012

Fred, Fai, Freddy, or FredFai here. I have been here for about 10 months. I gotta tell you, the forums changed my life, and it taught me a lot of things. For one thing, I shouldn't play alone, but with friends to have fun and chat. You should do the same thing. I am friendly and generous. In return, I get respect and social experiences. I remember that I played Uncharted all day ever since I fell in love with U2 MP (Post 1.05) last year. That summer, the beta came, and I decided to go to the forums for information and feedback. Then the forums became part of my personal life, and I regret nothing because many forumers here are thankful, helpful, funny, creative, expressive, smart, and crazy. It was quite a roller coaster here especially the Subway beta and the forum migration. I'm happy to help the forums. Anyway, there's something important that you need to know about me.

I. am. a. brony. Look up on Google if you don't know what that is.

I say it again. I only have 4 more weeks before I leave my PS3 for the rest of the summer, so I try to contribute to the forums and the game as much as possible. I have fun with friends back then, and I like to continue playing with you guys until the day I leave. Btw, I don't do mics, and send me a text message to communicate with me because I'm deaf. Have a good day, ya'all.

Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Message 8 of 152 (814 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2195 posts

May 20, 2012

Hey I'm Asraik, or Raik depending on your preference.

I really don't know where to start in introducing myself. I live in Canada (if that wasn't obvious enough x3) and I play a lot of different games. I enjoy the Uncharted series (especially Elena Fisher, my favourite character.) I usually play the multiplayer with friends as it is kind of lonesome to play, and usually avoid it unless someone is on. Some other game series that I enjoy are Final Fantasy, Dynasty Warriors, Sonic The Hedgehog (generally any Sonic related game), The Sims and LittleBigPlanet. There are more, just those were the ones on the tip of my tongue at the moment.

Don't ask me how I ended up on these forums, I have no idea. Must have been tricked by some magical talking rabbit along the way. I don't regret coming here though, it is interesting to be a part of the community (even though I don't contribute as much as some members) and to actually have a say about how I feel generally about the multiplayer. I have also had the pleasure to meet some interesting people and to actually learn a lot in the time I have been here.

Other than that, I generally don't know what else you might want to know or what to include. I may add more later, unlikely though. I'm too lazy.

Raptr Gamercard
Message 9 of 152 (814 Views)
0 Likes