Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Re: The Introduction thread

May 21, 2012

Nice thread! I'll give it a shot.

I'm Tactician109, people like to call me Tact or Tactician. After two of my XBOX 360's died, I decided to buy a PS3 for Christmas. I got Uncharted 2 with it, and I was amazed by how awesome it was. I have been an Uncharted fan since then. I never got bored of its intense gameplay and amazing graphics.

Then I found the NDF forums. Lots of interesting stories and debates were going on. Decided to jump in, even though I didn't post much. I loved reading them.

I started playing Uncharted competitively when clan RFFN was recruiting people. They saw my potential and recruited me. I played with them and improved my skills. I wasn't really a good player in Uncharted 2, the low health didn't suit to my aggressive playstyle. Anyways, I have been a happy member of RFFN since they recruited me.

Uncharted 3 came and I was very excited for the multiplayer. It was quite a disappointment at first, but I slowly started to like it more and more as patches were released. And well, the rest is history... I have got some awesome friends from this Community and I have loved playing with you all. Looking forward to the future.

Message 40 of 152 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

May 21, 2012

Hiya. I'm King_Cobra97, most people just call me King or Cobra. I live in Atlantic Canada. I started playing multiplayer post 1.09 in uncharted 2 and I have been a forumer since February 2012. I also enjoy RPGs, platformers and fighting games. I'm usually online during the weekends.

FACTS ABOUT ME:

• Fan of the Tau
  • Loves customs
  • Never stays the same charater for long
  • Rarely uses mic
  • Not afraid to mix it up with tactics
  • Co-host for the upcoming MM matches
Message 41 of 152 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1792 posts

May 21, 2012

Hi I'm Trick_2092 and I'm an alchohl...whoops not that type of introduction...sorry

Anyway's I'm Trick_2092 formally known as Patrick_92 in my UC2 days.

I'm 20 years old and I live in central Florida, I use to live in Wisconsin for about 7 years.

I have played and beat each and every Uncharted game, including Golden Abyss. I bought Uncharted Drakes Fortune back in 2007 when it first came out, and been a fan of the franchise ever since.  I've been playing Uncharted 2's multiplayer since the beta, UC2 was, and will probably always be my favorite multiplayer game. I know I may come off as negative and complain towards something's in UC3, but it's still my favorite online game, and I'm only negative because I want the game to get better. 

My 2 favorite hobbies are playing video games & basketball.  I also like to watch a lot of basketball, my favorite NBA team is the Bucks, and yes I know they suck but I am a loyal fan .

Currently I've kinda slowed down on playing UC3, and started to try other games. So far Starhawk and MP3 are excellent games, and I would recommend both.

You will see me on here from time to time, because I still do like UC3, and I plan on playing more often after patch 1.11 comes out.

Message 42 of 152 (415 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1387 posts

May 21, 2012

I'm dr_f1ngers. 'dr. fingers' has been my username since about 2004. Uhh, people call me doc, fingers, or dr. Should probably know, I'm not really a doctor. I do go out of my way to revive in co-op though. :]

I came across Uncharted: Drake's Fortune through gaming magazines. I thought it looked really interesting, so I followed news of it pre-game release. I was a poor high school student and was more or less concerned with other things, so I didn't get UDF till early 2009. Needless to say, I loved it. Elena became my favorite character. I then eagerly awaited U2. Participated in both betas. Bought it on release day. Loved it. Awaited U3. Participated in both betas. Bought it on release day. Loved it. Although I don't play mp much anymore, it's still near and dear to me. :3 Oh yeah, I'm mostly a co-op player.

Forum-wise: Joined the PS forums in 2008 (as you can see). Didn't post much. Lurked. Then forums.naughtydog.com (<3) happened and I moved there. Blah, blah, blah. Eventually I started posting a lot. Then we moved back here and...yeah. Don't post much now. I basically live in the Off-Topic part of the forum.

Trolls and buttmunchers aside, Uncharted has a really great community.

Message 43 of 152 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
811 posts

May 22, 2012

We can't have people introducing themselves if it isn't at the top now am I right?

I am grateful that this has kept its positivity and that people of all skill and age have actually come here, but how many of you are actually new? Not like it matters but I'm curious nonetheless.

0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

May 22, 2012

Tactician109 wrote:

~~

I'm Tactician109, people like to call me Tact or Tactician. Blah blah blah...

Lol I like your new nickname more...

Do you feel me?

Message 45 of 152 (415 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

May 22, 2012

Name is Beaverthecleaver; been gaming a while but Uncharted 3 is my first multiplayer game that I have really gotten into in a long time. The last one that I really enjoyed was Half Life and the original CounterStrike.

Anywhos, 30 years old, IT professional that likes to relax by playing some rounds of Uncharted 3.

Message 46 of 152 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

May 22, 2012

I'm duke of platypus AKA:

duke

duke of p

duke the nuke

duke the fluke

lolduke

mrcranelolly71 (Youtube.)

cakeGLaDOScake (my alt.)

_____

Started U2 when I got my PS3 after selling the wii in Oct 2010. I loved it, and I started looking up help guides, and I eventually found NDF, and I got some friends from here. I play U3 regularly. I play together with a clan RFFN, even though I'm super-casual (melee only FTW, aiming the KAL Ftw.)

___

I play more CMP than Coop in general.

/so moving T_T

Do you feel me?

Message 47 of 152 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
2019 posts

May 22, 2012

Slaynman wrote:

I haven't really introduced myself...ever, I don't think...so I figure I'll do it now.

I'm Squid or Jason/Jase to those who actually call me by my real name. The handle squid derives from my time in the United States Navy, someone said it once and it stuck. I was formally know as Smalls, since when I was younger, I resembled the kid from Sandlot...less Seth Rogen then I suppose.

I started playing video games when I was 4. I had an Atari but I never got into games until I was given a NES. It just grew from that day forward. I got into competitive gaming in 1998 with a bunch of french guys from Montreal and since I'm a naturally competitive person, it stuck. I went through at least 10-15 different communities in the past 13+ years and I have almost seen it all...almost. I guess my biggest moments in gaming were competiting on the MLG circuit in 2007 and 2008, attending E3 what will be now 2 years in a row and making it in the top 10 leaderboards for Mirrors Edge a few years ago lol. It was important to me ok.

Outside of this little realm, I thoroughly enjoy exercise. Since I played sports all my life until joining the service, I needed to find something to replace that void. I boxed all four years in HS, played American football and hockey. I still find my way into flag football leagues and mens softball leagues to just fill that competitive cup from time to time. I'm obsessed with my dog. Probably one of the oldest "frequent" members here, been married for 6 years, could live off WaWa sandwiches and I collect vinyl's.

Yep....just felt like saying that. The End.

Twitter: @TryceUp

USN 04-08
Message 48 of 152 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

May 22, 2012

Tach.

i'm jazzstaz. it's a stupid ID i came up with while trying to find a username for my second email account. everything else associated with my music preference was already taken then, so i thought heck, let's try jazzsters -> jazzstaz... well, you know the rest.

i live in germany, am 6 yrs into marriage and have an unbelievably cute leetel daughter that's been responsible for the steadily increasing noise level in the house as of late. that's one reason i've let my "mic" turned off  (it's technically a playstation eye - i've been telling people this like a thousand times since they are always hearing echos when i turn it on and  it's pretty good at picking up ambient noise).

uncharted-wise, i've played the series since UDF, but joined the NDF shortly before it moved over here. i'm not good at UC3, perhaps due to the fact that i love to play sneaky and CQC (yeah, some of my buddies that have played against me resent me for my BF although i do aim, too hey, i had a headshot once aiming a PAK-80!), which explains why i have never got any rampants and probably never will (got 1 rage though, yay).

i'm not really a competitive player, i came from the co-op background in UC2, venturing into TDM in UC3 for quite some time before falling in love with TO and plunder. love to text-chat with tandel, ttty, rhoo and his finnish gang while waiting for players, so sometimes i could miss any incoming invites.

basically an old school gamer, a big fan of Star Control 2, the first 3 games of the XCOM and 2 of the Monkey Island series. also a fan of german board games. definitely not a bayern munich fan.

Message 49 of 152 (415 Views)
0 Likes