Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: The Introduction thread

May 23, 2012

Hello, I'm Goldhawk1.  I've been a huge Uncharted fan since U2 closed beta.  I spend as much time as I can playing Uncharted, until I get mad (I get mad at everything...irl or in game ).

As far as the community goes, I like helping out new players who have questions, and if you catch me at the right time/in a good mood I could help with some actual ingame issues.  I'm pretty beast at co-op, but only about 45% of the time. 

I've helped tons of people in co-op in the past, and if you wish to get any help from me whether it be co-op, or learning how to play the game, just ask ahead whether it be through a thread, a PM on the boards, or PSN all I ask is that you be patient and ask nicely.  (I have run into a few rude players)

A little about me, video games are my passion.  I've been playing as long as I can remember.  Some day I hope to become an actual dev somewhere or maybe even just a QA. 

Message 60 of 152 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

May 23, 2012

Oh emm gee, he lives. 

Message 61 of 152 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17424 posts

May 23, 2012

Hello, my name is scootgar, and I'm an Uncharted Addict.

Hello, scootgar.

I'm old: I'm 46; and I played PONG when it was fresh and new in hotel lobbies, pinball arcades and gas stations.  My first console was an Atari 2600, and I've owned pretty much one of everything since then.  The 2600 system was a testament to how great programming beats console capacity, graphics, and anything other than human imagination. 4k of Memory?   Astonishing...

I'm first and foremost a strategy and RPG gamer.  My early gaming was large-scale military or abstract board games, like Third Reich, Squad Leader, Titan, and anything else by Avalon Hill, SPI, and CGW.

The two greatest games of any type of all time are Avalon Hill's Up Front, and DUNE.

My favourite PC/Console games are from the classic era of expansion in the 90s: DUNE II (the granddaddy of RTS), Dark Reign, X-COM: UFO Defense; Cilivisation; EA Hockey; Panzer General; Steel Panthers; Heroes of Might and Magic; Master of Magic; Master of Orion; Fallout.

Great recent games: Fatal Frame II; Knights of the Old Republic; Fable.

This is why Uncharted is such a special game.   It's the only twitch game I've ever played (other than Star Trek: Voyager Elite Force.)  Oh, I've tried plenty of others, but neither the game material, presentation or play interested me.   It's also why Uncharted infuriates me so much (see avatar) because there have been such obvious and necessary fixes to it for its entire lifetime, and they're so slow to be implemented

I'm married to a woman I met in High School (although we'd been out of school for 15 years when we got married) and have two lovely daughters and a grandson. 

I like science fiction to the point that you would, indeed, call me a Major Trekkie. (TOS, not the new nonsense.)  I like classic rock, alternative, new wave and, most of all things: Heavy Metal.    There is no better music in existence.  You don't think so?  You're wrong.

I have a degree in Chemical Engineering from a prestigious University.  I'm a great cook.   I'm English by birth, but essentially an American, now.  I'm very grateful for the members of this community, who have kept me sane and in this game when the technical laxity, company apathy and other issues would have seen me ditch it.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 62 of 152 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

May 23, 2012

I go by Southpaw. Here are some basic facts about me.

-I frequently play my favorite mode 3TDM, toggling DLC both on and off, depending on which player pool helps me find players the fastest. Occasionally I'll play FFA, Plunder, and Team Objective. I'm taking a break from Hardcore and I'm never playing TDM again. I look forward to Elimination and the Lab.

-I enjoy using the Cloaked + Monkey Man booster combination to outwit enemy players and get more Assassin medals to top off my current 90+. On top of using those underrated boosters, I prefer Speedy G over the typical Quick Boom/Gotcha user you run into nowadays. I use an AK-47 instead of a G-MAL and I use a Para 9 instead of a Micro.

-If I'm not a tryhard, I'm a troll. I use Quick Boom and ROF KAL-7 in scrims (which illegalize all three of the things I just listed), so that ought to give you an idea of how dickish I can get.

-It takes a lot to irritate me, but when I'm mad, I might ragequit a few consecutive games in a row. Dying through a wall, wasting my kickback because my teammate was standing right next to me, finding out someone in my party is using Revenge, getting killed by a ROF M9 over and over again, being the only person on my team targeted by power weapon hoarders, and getting punched through my rolls tends to get me to ragequit when I start hulking out. And I don't think I used "hulking out" properly, but I don't care because you know what I mean. I generally ragequit to BS, but I don't care about going negative if I'm simply getting killed by non-laggy, better players. It's happened plenty of times in the past.

-I like writing essays about what this game needs to get fixed, and posting them on the forums. It's kind of what I do since the video reviews are on a hiatus now.

-I made the Multiplayer Meme Pictures Thread one day when I was bored out of my skull and spent an hour on memegenerator coming up with U3-related memes. Then I realized how much potential U3 has for memes, and I left it up to the community to make even more than I could come up with.

-I'm also friends with a number of popular Uncharted YouTubers. I've run into nearly every one I'm subscribed to, barring TaikiM13 and NearRivers, in matchmaking. This means I've even played with Rockshow2oo8, cregan4584, and BroKenGaMeZHD in matchmaking, even though I'm not on their friends lists.

Message 63 of 152 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
793 posts

May 23, 2012

I like this thread!

Oh, here we go!

Hi, I'm lucascampanha!

The first time I played the Uncharted games wasn't too long ago! I got Unharted 2 as a gift for my birthday and loved it! Even not being a good a player at the multiplayer, lol. Some time later Uncharted 3 came out and I bought as a present for myself, lol. Loved the game and loved the multiplayer too. Started to play better and today I do ok, being able to hold my own and help my team....but still,  die a lot

I love playing Deathmatch and Objective, but when I get to angry about somethings I switch to Arena and Adventure so I can cool down a little. You'll see me playing a lot with Chloe and Talbot 'cause I love them.

As for weapons I prefer Chloe's M9 and Sully's Micro. But I must admit I feel very happy when I manage to do good with Dragon Sniper and Tau Sniper! Is rare, lol.

As for boosters, I've been using Cloaked, Fleet Foot, Explosive Expert, Monkey Man, Team Safe....as far as I remember....

I think thats all.....oh, and I became a member of this forum this year. I think is so cool!

That's it! If I remember something more I'll edit later.

Nice to meet you all!

And by the way, please don't mind my english. Is not may main language!

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Message 64 of 152 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

May 23, 2012

Hiya, I am Darkai34 and I started playing Uncharted 3 on February and I have been playing the uncharted series since the second game. I joined the forum on February, too. I like games in general, but I prefer the UC series. I am also a fan of Harry Flynn since Uncharted 3. That's all. Dunno what to say more.

UC3 FraggedNation Clan: >JV<
Message 65 of 152 (243 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

May 23, 2012

Me names Andy im 30 Ive been a gamer for about 23 years I got into Uncharted a bit late I was a Xbox360 player but I alays wanted to play Uncharted 1 and 2 so about about a year and a half ago I purchased a PS3 as Xbox360 was getting stale and the PS3 had so many great exclusives now I sold my Xbox360 and only play PS3 I own over a 100 PS3 games I mostly play RPGS Openworld games and 3rd and First person shooters im not a very good Uncharted player but I play for fun thx for reading =D

Message 66 of 152 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

May 23, 2012

a degree in chemical engineering, an RPG and strategy fan, a board game enthusiast. heck, scoot, i thought you were talking about me color me surprised.

thanks for reminding me about DUNE II. i can't believe i forgot about that: the sonic tank, the devastator, the deviator tank and the fremen. and  sandworm, of course. that game would put C&C to shame. i love games with good stories in general. LOOM, The Dig, the first two original games of Prince of Persia from Broderbund, Flashback and Privateer. these are real gems.

ah, in case you haven't known, the remake of XCOM: Enemy Unknown from Firaxis already has a release date, it's October 12, 2012.

Message 67 of 152 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1876 posts

May 23, 2012

Ok I'll have a go. Hi I'm TheExtracter, I am 16 years old. I like playing all types of games especially high health TPS, I joined relatively late to the PS3 after patch 1.09 came out for U2 I played my Xbox back then, but I hate to pay for something which I can get for free. I'm a friendly, lively person, if I insulted or caused offence to you in any way I deeply apoligize. If you ever recieved a hate mail from me or my alt I am probably just trolling. If you quit against me after giving me all those deaths than I have no respect for you.

I support most ideas which the community comes up with, If it has a banner, I support it. If you come across me in pubs be sure to P'M me so i can thank you for that match in the thanks thread. If you see a completely useless post by me, I probably did it to teach some people a lesson.

Trust me, you don't even want to know my names origin.

Message 68 of 152 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2678 posts

May 23, 2012

great idea for a thread.   to those who don't know me...

hello there.   I'm 32 years old.  I've been married for 11 years.  I'm in middle management for a company in the automotive industry.  I have a degree in business management.  Never one for school, I attained my degree later than most and only as a job requisite as I transitioned from lower management to middle management in my company.  Still, better late than never.   I've been working my way up through the ranks of my company for the past 13 years.  Between my husbandly duties and professional duties, I don't have a lot of free time.  When I do get free time (usually late in the evening or at night) I like to play Uncharted with some of the great people I've met online over the past few years.

I'm what you'd call a casual gamer.  I started playing video games on the Atari 2600, intellivision and calecovision.  The games I truely love were made when the NES arrived on the scene.   Those are the games I grew up playing.  The Legend of Zelda, Mike Tyson's Punch Out and Contra are still 3 of my favorite games ever.  I played the SNES a bit but was getting out of video games by then as I became a teenager in '92.  I shunned video games for years as I played baseball (Right Field) my freshman and sophomore years and played basketball all four years of highschool (#2, shooting guard).  I bought the Playstation when it came out and played a few games like Resident Evil but I didn't really have much time to play anything else.   I played Madden with my friends from time to time but that was the extent of my video game playing.    More of the same when the PS2 dropped.   Having graduated high school in 1997 I had a bit more time to play games for the PS2.   I played a few here and there but the ones I really liked were the Devil May Cry games.   Madden carried over from my highschool years.   As a lifelong football fan, I still bought Madden every year.

I bought the PS3 primarily to continue playing Madden games.   The only video games I had ever played online before Uncharted were Mortal Kombat v/s DC Alliance (og MK fan) and Madden 2009/2010.   I was pretty decent at both.  Drake's Fortune was nothing special to me.  I picked it up a few months after it was released just to try it.  I beat it and moved on.  When Uncharted 2 came out, I remembered liking Drake's Fortune so I picked it up.   Again, I beat it and moved on.   I never even tried the multiplayer.   I was heavy into Madden 10 playing both online franchise mode and random games in matchmaking.  In feb. or march. of 2010 my Online franchise in madden called it quits after nine seasons (with myself winning 7 superbowls, losing only 4 games total in 9 seasons in a full 32 team league...told you I was decent).   Bored one day, I put U2's mp in and played it.......and I'm still playing it.  The gameplay combined with both the great people I met and how horrible Madden 11 and on turned out to be after they dumbed the game down to cater to video game fans who don't really know anything about football made Uncharted my only multiplayer game.

My PSN ID is LEVILDEADL.  L's, not I's.  I started lurking the PS forums Uncharted section to get hints to become a better player shortly before the forum migrated to the Naughty Dog site.   I've been hanging around  the Naughty Dog forum since the first day of it's migration.    I've met many great people here over the years and are friends with a lot of them.   Having only room for 100 people on my friends list means I've had to delete many forum members over the years to make room or haven't been able to ever add others but I still consider them friends and enjoy playing with/against them.  always a fun time.  

Plunder is my favorite game type.  To me, it is simply the most fun.  Some of my friends and I have a clan called T2gL.   We're pretty good at it.  When my friends want to play TDM, I'm usually up for it too.  If I'm with my clan, be prepared for camping.  If I'm just rolling with friends/other forum members we'll all be running around as if it were a plunder game hoping to get 50 kills before the other team.    If you run into me online, give me a hello and introduce yourself.  I always enjoy playing other members of the forum community. 

anybody who plays between the hours of 9pm-1am Eastern Standard Time, feel free to send me a friend request.  We'll play together sometime.   I don't play every day but when I do, it's always between these hours (usually when my wife finally stops nagging me and goes to bed).

now that is a long introduction post.   For those who don't know me, now you do.  For those of you who do know me, now you know me better

edit:

this long ass post and I failed to mention the origin of my PSN user name.  lol.  I'm a movie fan.   I like any film of quality be it comedy, drama, horror, etc.  Just about anything except romantic-comedies.  They are pretty much schlock by definition of the genre.   Growing up in the 80s, a golden age of horror, I still love all of the old horror movies.  The Evil Dead along with A Nightmare on Elm Street, Hellraiser, Re-Animator and Romero's Dead trilogy are some of my favorites.   My favorite movies of all time are Airplane and the original Chuck Heston Planet of the Apes.

Message 69 of 152 (243 Views)
0 Likes