Uncharted Territory
1374 posts

Re: The Introduction thread

May 23, 2012

Ok, lol here i go again haha, i posted in a similar thread in ND forums, and it doesn't get any easier the second time round >_<'. Anyway's I'm RandomZach, I live in the UK and am British. I  got my PS3 straight after it was released and have had all the PS consoles, so i obviously felt compelled to get a PS3, after having a PS1 & PS2. I played all the exclusives at first like GTAIV, LBP, and Mirror's Edge, but none of 'em had a real multiplayer so it's was only for story gameplay fun.

A friend asked if I wanted to borrow USmiley Very HappyF, and I'd never heard of it before, but nonetheless i accepted, having no clue what it was about. That's how i got hooked on the Uncharted series. Getting my code for UC2 beta, was the best thing ever!!! I was so hooked on that multiplayer, and what was so great was I WAS GOOD AT IT!!! In most shooters, I do ok, but UC2 I hooked on so quickly to gameplay and controls and loved the online experience.

Before U2, I had hardly any PSN friends. Then Friend requests started coming from matches on U2, me only too happy to accept. I never even used a mic before U2 haha, and then once the ND forums got made that was it lol.

I could chat happily all day about my favorite mp, with people who knew exactly where i was coming from, and wanted to add me too.

mario_joyYoshi.gif

So yeah lol it was more or less no stop U2 for like two years when it was released. Being right there from the start, experiencing ALL the changes that made to that game, and being a part of it. DAM THAT MISLEADING ND POLL! I bought ALL the DLC for U2, and was shocked by the time U3 was announced i had amassed a whopping 100,000 kills in U2!!! I'd NEVER reached that number before in any Cod game, or shooter. Was a proud day.

Now playing U3, but due to the less addictiveness nature of U3, i have time to play other games for a change, games which i missed out on because i was too busy playing U2. Like I can't believe I never played Heavy Rain before, what an epic game that is haha, but i was too wrapped in U2 to care before.

Anyway's enough rambling, THAT'S ME!!! Hello new PS forumers, but a bigger HELLO to ND forum veterans.

!Rafe is Bae!
Message 70 of 152 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
811 posts

May 23, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Scoped-in revamp = 10/100% kiaccdbkcgkuie = 40/100%

My idea is for people to just keep adding, and sharing whatever they want. I saw Jazz posted again, talking about his love of New Zealand. I just posted again....This thread could kinda be a casual "get to know your forumers." Ill post again sometime, to keep the thread bumped and to see how it grows.

This could also be a place for new people to come, and get some guidance or have questions answered. Or to find people to party up with. You built it Slayn, and they will come.

Now finish your guide, SLAYN!!!!

Photobucket

I can't finish my scoped-in guide if the patch hasn't come out yet silly.

0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

May 23, 2012

jazzstaz wrote:

ah, in case you haven't known, the remake of XCOM: Enemy Unknown from Firaxis already has a release date, it's October 12, 2012.

2z4z8uf.png

Yeah, you mentioned it elsewhere.  I am salivating on that one!

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 72 of 152 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
418 posts

May 24, 2012

Hi everyone, I'm cmj4v13 but in text chats people just call me cmj. I do not have a mic, because it somehow got lost in my house and I didn't attach a beeping finder to it but I've been okay without it. I'm on the east coast of the US, and if I had that mic, I'd be speaking to you in English or Arabic.

My post count doesn't show it, but I was on the UC2 forums around 1.03 days and up to about 1.05, when I had to put down UC2 to focus on finishing undergraduate. I've also played and beaten all three games, but not all on Crushing yet. I like reading the threads and seeing what people write, and have played with a few forumers. I'm also part of Team ALT! (clan tag: -TA- ) but I'm non-competitive and don't generally play in clan matches or anything. I prefer TDM or T.O., and when Elimination comes out, that as well. I don't do co-op, really, as no mic makes it a bit less fun for me. I generally roll with Cloaked/Daredevil and prefer an Accuracy G-MAL, Accuracy AK, or Dragunov with either a Para-9 or Arm Micro as my sidearm. Kickbacks are usually Sniper, RPG, or Carpet Bomb. Now that I'm on third legacy though, I'll probably spend a bit more time trying to level up other boosters, especially Scoped In once the 50m patch happens.

For more personal info, I'm 23 years old and have graduated from two incredible universities, from one with a Bachelor's in History and Foreign Affairs and from the other with a Master's in International Affairs. I spend a lot of my time reading: poetry (give it a shot, seriously), epics, novels, non-fiction, politics, current events, history, etc. Aside from my intellectual, mental, and spiritual training through reading, writing, and experiencing life, I train my body a lot: weight lifting and running primarily. I've run about 8 half-marathons in the past 8 months, but seem to be stuck at 14 miles, so I'm looking to finally hit the marathon mark maybe sometime this fall. I'll hopefully be starting my first real-time job in a few months, so I'll be playing plenty of Uncharted until then. As for other games that influenced me: Knights of the Old Republic, Thief 2, Half-Life series, Dark Forces (I and II), TIE Fighter, Zelda series, Pokemon. I've been gaming since I was 7 - I got my first original Gameboy in 1995 in Italy and my first game was Pokemon Blue!

I have a ton of spots open on my friend list, so if you want to play with a slightly above-average player who has really good and really awful games sometimes, feel free to add me!

Message 73 of 152 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

May 24, 2012

scootgar wrote:

jazzstaz wrote:

ah, in case you haven't known, the remake of XCOM: Enemy Unknown from Firaxis already has a release date, it's October 12, 2012.

2z4z8uf.png

Yeah, you mentioned it elsewhere.  I am salivating on that one!

ND removed kills from Plunder; it just made sense.

i don't think i have. i knew it will be this year, but i  read about the exact release date on IGN like only two days ago.

Message 74 of 152 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
811 posts

May 25, 2012

Thread Updates

- Added some general forum tips so you don't suck at being on this forum

Future Updates

-  . . . . idk, any suggestions?

0 Likes
Wastelander
811 posts

May 25, 2012

Thread Updates

- Added more useful threads of usefulness

Future Updates

- If we get more people willing to join, beginner scrims might be fun (that is if you're a beginner and not some guy who wants to join to pwn all the noobs horribly).

0 Likes
Sackboy
426 posts

May 26, 2012

Hi everyone. My name is Ragna357, and I came here one day when I was looking for  tips on this game when I was still new to the game. I lurked around here for a while and then decided to join a week or two later. I never really posted much since I was kind of shy and a little scared to post. But anyway, let me talk about myself now. Smiley Very Happy

I'm a 15 year old male who likes to get along with people most of the time. I'm a bit shy, but it usually goes away after a week or so of knowing someone. I got a PS3 around Thanksgiving during the Black Friday sales. When I got the console, it came with Uncharted 3, and I am still playing it now. I usually play co op arena or TDM as my main mode, however I've been play the Lab and Elimination lately because of the new patch. I don't consider myself a beginner, but not exactly a pro either.

I usually don't get mad a lot, but when I do, you might not want to be with me for a while lol. I usually get made if there's a bunch of RoF M9's running around or if I constantly get destroyed by 1vs3-5 battles or get an Unlucky without a Comback or run into a party of 5. If I do get mad, I might ragequit a few matches and take a break for a couple minutes.

I don't really think that I'm good at this game that much either. I might be OK at this game, but certainly not 'very good' or the 'best'. A couple of my friends say I am, but I don't think so. I usually only go 1.0-1.5 each match.

And on a random note, usually if I run into a party of 5 or anoying people I can't stand, I usually finish a match with them and then go back to the lobby and search for another group of people.

But yeah, that's the end of it. I hope to get a chance at knowing you guys on this site. Smiley Very Happy

photo rikusig3-5_zps039d509a.jpg
Message 77 of 152 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

May 26, 2012

Ello mites, before I start I'd like to wish my buddy Slaynman a Happy Birthday in an aussie-ish accent.

*ahem* 

"Oy, croy-kay! At's yer boyth-die lad-ee! Ope at's uh gewd juan, mite! Cheers, anne down't late the dangos eight yer cake naow!"

Eyo fellers, I'm GameHeadAche. Most call me "Game" or "GameHead" if they're feeling exotic "HeadAche." Once, someone called me "GameHeadAche" and it made my ear burn because no one calls me that.

Anyway, I've been with Uncharted since early, early 2010. I started with Uc2, had a blast, and then picked up Uc1. I didn't get hooked on the MP right away but I did get to enjoy Uc2 before 1.05 for a short time. It took a bit but I met some awesome friends midway through the year who played Uc2 religiously with me and I found that playing other games just didn't cut it anymore. blah blah blah, Uc3 came out etc. etc. etc. wala I'm here.

A few things,

- I read the forum quite a bit, though rarely post.

- I'm very good on not rage quitting (If I do, then it's to pick up someone waiting in the lobby)

- I hate drama queens in my games. (although, I tend to make exaggerated noises when I die )

- I have very poor trash talking capabilities. (so if you play with me or against, please expect a few face palms!)

- Love object and plunder mode. ND OBJ NEEDS FIXES

- I deem everyone on my friends list AWESOME! TO THE EXTREME!

- Hate stat quitters/cheaters. (enjoy your future losses)

- I love slappin' five

- Warning: play with me in small doses/intervals. You will get annoyed

- Team Safe all the way

- Huge Flynn and Elena fan

- I'm obsessed about different accents and dialects...but not different languages.

- I'm the worse sniper of all time

- Chloe's M9 is my go-to-gun (Gotta love dem callouts and fast reload)

- I play for the win. Not precious KDR

- For me personally, this is my "Go-to-game" unpolished as it is

There we go! Did I paint a proper picture? Eh, I think so.

Good thread, Slay

Message 78 of 152 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
811 posts

May 26, 2012

GameHeadAche wrote:

Ello mites, before I start I'd like to wish my buddy Slaynman a Happy Birthday in an aussie-ish accent.

but my birthday isn't for another 2 months =/

Also no matter how good of a picture you paint your dad is still a 40-year old hick with a bushy beard and plaid shirt .

0 Likes