Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 04/02/2011
Offline
531 posts
 

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

Jan 11, 2013

I really liked the Kal 7 in single player, and I will sometimes use it in multiplayer, but I was really dissapointed with it in multiplayer. We already dont have much of a selection of guns to pick, but ND make the gun so jumpy that its close to impossible to aim. If they made the gun like it was in single player, and reduced the blindfired, everyone would be happy. Another gun to choose from, and the decrease of blindfiring.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Kal 7 Expert, Master of Sarcasm, Maker of TheGamerFromSpace Community Project
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 92 (221 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5863 posts
 

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

Jan 11, 2013

Unlike other shooters, this game isn't about having 30 different guns to promote "variety" when in reality they all work the same. I'd dare to say that this game's gun variety albeit only have 6(+4 pistols) guns to choose from is better than most shooters. I mean each gun works a certain way and is better than the other guns at a certain thing. With the blindfire mechanic in the game, there had to be a gun that's the "best" at blindfire and that gun is the Kal-7.

 

Reducing it's blindfire and making it easier to aim practically makes it an M9 with RoF built in already.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 92 (208 Views)
First Son
Registered: 01/11/2013
Offline
3 posts
 

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

Jan 11, 2013

Yep, for MP noobs like me it's a very efficient -and cheap, way to score some easy kills but lord knows, I am an easy kill myself. Let me tell you guys my story as a former Kal7 blindfire player. My excperience with online play is almost exclusively co-op but a couple of weeks ago some friends asked me if I wanted to play plunder. As I had no excperience in competetive MP at all I naturally got owned a lot. I also had a hard time localizing opponents and basically had to stumble into them. So I went through the weapon inventory and noticed the Kal7 (a weapon I had barely touched in SM and co-op) had a high blindfire accuracy I thought I might give it a try. I was able to score some cheap kills, had some laughs and I thought to myself "this is so cheap, I have probably **bleep** off a bunch of people now."

Well, I also found out that the Kal7 also has its drawbacks. As you guys may know the weapons middle to long range accuracy sucks, the magazine isn't that large so I was a VERY easy target every time I had to reload and quite frankly it quickly got quite boring to only relying on getting close enough to the opponents to do the run-and-gun thing. Only after a couple of runs I found myself picking up the M9 more and more until I removed the Kal7 from my loadouts replacing them with the much more versatile M9.

 

Yes, the Kal7 is cheap. Yes, I can imagne it must be very frustrating for a 'pro' player to get killed by a Kal7-using, blindfiring 'noob'.

 

But... cheap are also the power weapons and many of the kickbacks. And what about the Gotcha and Power Hunter boosters, aren't they cheap too? I disagree that new/inexperienced players have to put up with getting killed over and over again with no chance to retaliate and I disagree that ND should only cater for the veterans. Is it really so hard for all you veterans to accept that the game have to take new/inexperienced players into consideration too? That maybe some people that are random/casual players just want to play for fun? That sometimes you might get killed in what could be considered a chep way, maybe even by a 'gasp' low-ranked player? If you want to completely avoid cheap kills better play classic mode.

 

I know I'm late to the party, never even tried online play until I got the Game of the Year edition that I ended up enjoying a lot moe than I thought I would. Not every new random dissapear after a couple of weeks, some actually end up staying but I got to say, judging from this thread the U3 community seems to be a but unfriendly and excluding, hope I'm wrong.

 

Finally and most importantly, it's just a game people :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 92 (192 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2178 posts
 

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

The ND employee that thought up the KAL-7

Edit: inappropriate image removed

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 92 (191 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

Nordic_Breeze wrote:

 

I disagree that new/inexperienced players have to put up with getting killed over and over again with no chance to retaliate and I disagree that ND should only cater for the veterans. Is it really so hard for all you veterans to accept that the game have to take new/inexperienced players into consideration too? That maybe some people that are random/casual players just want to play for fun? That sometimes you might get killed in what could be considered a chep way, maybe even by a 'gasp' low-ranked player? If you want to completely avoid cheap kills better play classic mode.

 

I know I'm late to the party, never even tried online play until I got the Game of the Year edition that I ended up enjoying a lot moe than I thought I would. Not every new random dissapear after a couple of weeks, some actually end up staying but I got to say, judging from this thread the U3 community seems to be a but unfriendly and excluding, hope I'm wrong.


I don't mind noobs/casuals, as long as they don't have a short attention span (seems to be the norm these days). :smileywink:

Even "veterans" who just play for a couple of weeks/months, whine on the forums constantly (their whiny feedback usually destroys the game -> i.e. G-MAL overnerfing -> MOAR blindfire/M9/KAL) and then abandon the game annoy me...

Welcome to the forums and the game! :smileyhappy:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 92 (186 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/04/2011
Offline
2668 posts
 

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

FromTheDutch wrote:

The increased medals is dumb now, because the shotgun is not really that powerful anymore so it should go back to 10 medals.


Yeah, no one uses that KB anymore.

Personally, I didn't even use it when it was deemed OP (CQC/blindfire doesn't suit my playstyle), but still, I want to be unbiased and that's why it should go back to 10 medals.


how bout HELL NO!!!!!,

 

increase cost of other offensive kickbacks


Uhm, no thanks!



O, so your a power weapon hore

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 92 (167 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/19/2012
Offline
766 posts
 

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

Jan 12, 2013
I got kind of bored in TO today so I pulled out the KAL, and I actually had a lot of fun getting kills by aiming it/trolling people with it's blindfire capabilities.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 92 (147 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

FromTheDutch wrote:

The increased medals is dumb now, because the shotgun is not really that powerful anymore so it should go back to 10 medals.


Yeah, no one uses that KB anymore.

Personally, I didn't even use it when it was deemed OP (CQC/blindfire doesn't suit my playstyle), but still, I want to be unbiased and that's why it should go back to 10 medals.


how bout HELL NO!!!!!,

 

increase cost of other offensive kickbacks


Uhm, no thanks!


O, so your a power weapon hore


I am a power weapon whοre because I want fairness & justice? Really?

Read my post again and stop trolling: I never used the Shottie KB, even when it was "OP".

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 92 (135 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/04/2011
Offline
2668 posts
 

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

Jan 12, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

FromTheDutch wrote:

The increased medals is dumb now, because the shotgun is not really that powerful anymore so it should go back to 10 medals.


Yeah, no one uses that KB anymore.

Personally, I didn't even use it when it was deemed OP (CQC/blindfire doesn't suit my playstyle), but still, I want to be unbiased and that's why it should go back to 10 medals.


how bout HELL NO!!!!!,

 

increase cost of other offensive kickbacks


Uhm, no thanks!


O, so your a power weapon hore


I am a power weapon whοre because I want fairness & justice? Really?

Read my post again and stop trolling: I never used the Shottie KB, even when it was "OP".


 

we need to lower the prices of the the shottie, cuz u know, BS kills with hammer, rpg, sniper, quickboom just isnt enough = fair ???????????

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 92 (103 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

Jan 12, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

FromTheDutch wrote:

The increased medals is dumb now, because the shotgun is not really that powerful anymore so it should go back to 10 medals.


Yeah, no one uses that KB anymore.

Personally, I didn't even use it when it was deemed OP (CQC/blindfire doesn't suit my playstyle), but still, I want to be unbiased and that's why it should go back to 10 medals.


how bout HELL NO!!!!!,

 

increase cost of other offensive kickbacks


Uhm, no thanks!


O, so your a power weapon hore


I am a power weapon whοre because I want fairness & justice? Really?

Read my post again and stop trolling: I never used the Shottie KB, even when it was "OP".


 

we need to lower the prices of the the shottie, cuz u know, BS kills with hammer, rpg, sniper, quickboom just isnt enough = fair ???????????


We need to lower the medal cost of the Shottie, because they fixed the auto-aim jump trick. As simple as that.

ps: Sniper kills are BS? Deal with it, because they require skill/good aim.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 92 (101 Views)
Reply
0 Likes