Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2677 posts

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

Jan 12, 2013
O dear tap, and i thought you were reasonable.
be careful wat u wish for, the only reason people are not using shottie is cuz they have rpg, hammer quickboom and sniper (which doesnt take a lot of skill, and thats not a reason for it being balanced/fair anyways) - all of which are better walue for money they are cheap kills and they dont take as much effort - why do you think people kept using shottie when it was 12 medals and the auto-lock still worked - cuz it didnt take as much effort and the reward was very good - same reason why people then moved onto the next kickback - hammer/sniper.

they nerfed some of the BS kickbacks and left others alone - they half did the job thus resulting people spamming other ones and ignoring the shottie.

you do realise that increasing the cost of the offensive kickbacks could only be great for the gameplay variety - especially if it gets people to use the FAIRER non-offensive kickbacks.

yes when someone pulls a few Tbolts outa their **bleep** and kills you that is unfair BS - that that was obvious, doesnt require lota skill, just spend a small bit of time with it.
Message 51 of 92 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Nobody uses the Shottie after the double nerf.

I also disagree about the T-Bolt, but whatever. You have to deal with it, just like I have to deal with other stuff. You can't always have it your way.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 52 of 92 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2677 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

but i still used the shottie effectively after the nerfs - its still an average of 3 kills or more whick you usually dont get with even the hammer - just goes to show that people choose the hammer cuz of its ease of use.

its not really my way - its the wright way - the way  would be in a fair world - the beta was a great time for kickback balance for the most part - loved speedyG then.

Message 53 of 92 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

Explosives are great in objective modes, because you can kill multiple people at once. It's a matter of effectiveness, not ease of use (blindfiring is not exactly "hard").

Stop being so TDM-focused. TDM isn't the be-all and end-all. You have to take into account ALL modes and people rarely do that, because they are TDM-biased. - FACT -

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 54 of 92 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2677 posts

Jan 12, 2013
make them aim the hammer would go a long way to solving its problem.

i agree its good in objective modes for clearing zones - i assume you are talking turf war or king of the hill ??

i have nothing against explosives in general - just i dont think its completly fair to be able to spawn a Hammer or RPG so easily - if they are on the map they would be still be effective for clearing zones.

the grenade ones are perfectly fine (except quickboom) but actually do require a bit more effort.
ease of use does come into it a bit - when people just sprint up, activate hammer and spry away - at least if they had to aim.

also objectives is 50% deathmatch imo - remove both multi marked man and deathmatch and replace with another round of turf war and king of the hill then it will be a much better mode in my eyes (still is my fav mode at the moment though :smileyhappy:)

TDM, TDM everywhere.
Message 55 of 92 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

I'm sorry, but when a blindfire rusher is sprinting towards me, what do you expect me to do?! Of course I'm going to jump backwards, AIM my camera properly and then press R1 a couple of times.

Yes, you still have to aim, even when you cannot use L1. Hammer shells don't work like homing missiles!

Message 56 of 92 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2677 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

are you talking to me :smileyindifferent:

Message 57 of 92 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 12, 2013

I would love to join in and argue with you guys.  I just recently bought the GOTY edition and my online pass code is not working.  It's great to be me.

Message 58 of 92 (143 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Leadfoot80 wrote:

I would love to join in and argue with you guys.  I just recently bought the GOTY edition and my online pass code is not working.  It's great to be me.

Use a proper PSN account (i.e. US disc -> US account) to redeem the code.

Welcome!

Message 59 of 92 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2677 posts

Jan 12, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Unlike other shooters, this game isn't about having 30 different guns to promote "variety" when in reality they all work the same. I'd dare to say that this game's gun variety albeit only have 6(+4 pistols) guns to choose from is better than most shooters. I mean each gun works a certain way and is better than the other guns at a certain thing. With the blindfire mechanic in the game, there had to be a gun that's the "best" at blindfire and that gun is the Kal-7.

Reducing it's blindfire and making it easier to aim practically makes it an M9 with RoF built in already.

i dont have a problem with the KAL7 being the best gun in the game for blindfire, however i do have a problem with it being designed to only be effective for blindfire - why do you then think we have so samy people who cant/wont aim.

i cant understand how we got from the beta to now - we didnt like how good blindfire was in the beta - they nerfed the micro - then the launch game comes out and we have a gun that simgle purpose is blindfire - where is the logic in that ??

Reducing it's blindfire and making it easier to aim practically makes it an M9 with RoF built in already.

how is that a bad thing ?? - thats what i want to happen - for the KAL7 to be the more balanced M9 ROF - KAL has lower bullet damage - takes longer to kill and has higher recoil. (M9ROF shouldnt exist)

KALs recoil should be lowered and its blindfire accuracy should be decreased, it can and should be the best gun at blindfire but it should be much more effective if aimed, obviously (same for all guns).

thats what the KAL should be - high ROF - effective at close range, it shouldnt be a blindfire only gun thats silly.

Message 60 of 92 (115 Views)
0 Likes