Keyblade Wielder
7102 posts

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

Jan 12, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Unlike other shooters, this game isn't about having 30 different guns to promote "variety" when in reality they all work the same. I'd dare to say that this game's gun variety albeit only have 6(+4 pistols) guns to choose from is better than most shooters. I mean each gun works a certain way and is better than the other guns at a certain thing. With the blindfire mechanic in the game, there had to be a gun that's the "best" at blindfire and that gun is the Kal-7.

Reducing it's blindfire and making it easier to aim practically makes it an M9 with RoF built in already.

i dont have a problem with the KAL7 being the best gun in the game for blindfire, however i do have a problem with it being designed to only be effective for blindfire - why do you then think we have so samy people who cant/wont aim.

i cant understand how we got from the beta to now - we didnt like how good blindfire was in the beta - they nerfed the micro - then the launch game comes out and we have a gun that simgle purpose is blindfire - where is the logic in that ??

Reducing it's blindfire and making it easier to aim practically makes it an M9 with RoF built in already.

how is that a bad thing ?? - thats what i want to happen - for the KAL7 to be the more balanced M9 ROF - KAL has lower bullet damage - takes longer to kill and has higher recoil. (M9ROF shouldnt exist)

KALs recoil should be lowered and its blindfire accuracy should be decreased, it can and should be the best gun at blindfire but it should be much more effective if aimed, obviously (same for all guns).

thats what the KAL should be - high ROF - effective at close range, it shouldnt be a blindfire only gun thats silly.

It is already effective at close-range... its recoil makes its effectiveness in mid-long range pretty dang awful. It's low bullet damage is only 2 more bullets than the M9 and with a more controllable recoil, I'm sure it will get a bit to strong. There are already players out there doing great with the KAL-7 by aiming, lowering that recoil like I said will make it a stock gun with similar potency to our currently OP M9 RoF and probably be worse.

The KAL was never a problem to me in this game. Never have I ever seen a match full of KAL-7s even when the blindfire mechanic was broken early on in the game, unlike the G-MAL/FAL/M9 RoF were in their states of rule.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 61 of 92 (242 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 12, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Unlike other shooters, this game isn't about having 30 different guns to promote "variety" when in reality they all work the same. I'd dare to say that this game's gun variety albeit only have 6(+4 pistols) guns to choose from is better than most shooters. I mean each gun works a certain way and is better than the other guns at a certain thing. With the blindfire mechanic in the game, there had to be a gun that's the "best" at blindfire and that gun is the Kal-7.

i dont have a problem with the KAL7 being the best gun in the game for blindfire, however i do have a problem with it being designed to only be effective for blindfire - why do you then think we have so samy people who cant/wont aim.

i cant understand how we got from the beta to now - we didnt like how good blindfire was in the beta - they nerfed the micro - then the launch game comes out and we have a gun that simgle purpose is blindfire - where is the logic in that ??

how is that a bad thing ?? - thats what i want to happen - for the KAL7 to be the more balanced M9 ROF - KAL has lower bullet damage - takes longer to kill and has higher recoil. (M9ROF shouldnt exist)

KALs recoil should be lowered and its blindfire accuracy should be decreased, it can and should be the best gun at blindfire but it should be much more effective if aimed, obviously (same for all guns).

thats what the KAL should be - high ROF - effective at close range, it shouldnt be a blindfire only gun thats silly.

It is already effective at close-range... its recoil makes its effectiveness in mid-long range pretty dang awful. It's low bullet damage is only 2 more bullets than the M9 and with a more controllable recoil, I'm sure it will get a bit to strong. There are already players out there doing great with the KAL-7 by aiming, lowering that recoil like I said will make it a stock gun with similar potency to our currently OP M9 RoF and probably be worse.

The KAL was never a problem to me in this game. Never have I ever seen a match full of KAL-7s even when the blindfire mechanic was broken early on in the game, unlike the G-MAL/FAL/M9 RoF were in their states of rule.

to me close range is anything less than 30m, that is really stretching the KAL (possible but hard to get a kill)  - it should easy to aim and kill at that range and further.

it cant get too strong if done wright - the KAL takes longer to kill than the M9 (the M9 just beats it in close range aiming - fact), the KALs recoil should be lowered a nice bit, im not saying it should be as low as the M9, but you should be able to easily aim it effectively at a range of 30m, its away from blindfire we are all trying to get.

its not possible that aiming the KAL could be more effective than the aiming the M9, not a mind the M9ROF.

again the KAL kills slower than it.

the KAL with ROF would increase the recoil to what it currently is now.

if anything is going to be overpowered with the KAL it will be its blindfire - it should be nerfed.

the only real reason people ever started using it is the same reason the same people started using guns like the FAL and Gmal - it was so easy to get kills with. the KAL took no skill to blindfire yet the reward was high (easy kills).

Message 62 of 92 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Why does no one ever get mad about the dragon for being the best at long ranged?

Message 63 of 92 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Jan 12, 2013

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Why does no one ever get mad about the dragon for being the best at long ranged?

Because thats what the dragon was designed to do. Its a weapon that requiers skill to use. The kal-7 on the other hand...

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 64 of 92 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Because thats what the dragon was designed to do. Its a weapon that requiers skill to use. The kal-7 on the other hand...

I'll finish your sentence.

The kal-7 on the other hand was designed to be good in close range but unlike the dragon leaves you more vulnerable as a trade off for less skill.

Message 65 of 92 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Jan 12, 2013
The Kal7 is annoying, but it probably only accounts for 2% of my overall deaths. Its not as bad as the old G-Mal or a Mexican wielding a M9 + RoF + Blinfire Accuracy. I go several matches without even seeing a Kal7. Its g@y, but it doesn't dominate.
Message 66 of 92 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Jan 12, 2013

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

The kal-7 on the other hand was designed to be good in close range but unlike the dragon leaves you more vulnerable as a trade off for less skill.

The Kal should've been the third fully automatic weapon for people to use with skill. In the single player the kal had recoil but it was manageable. In the multiplayer the Kal is totally different to its SP counterpart.

Why has the gun changed so drastically and why does it have the most blindfire of all the long guns. 

Message 67 of 92 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Jan 12, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
The Kal7 is annoying, but it probably only accounts for 2% of my overall deaths. Its not as bad as the old G-Mal or a Mexican wielding a M9 + RoF + Blinfire Accuracy. I go several matches without even seeing a Kal7. Its g@y, but it doesn't dominate.

Indeed, Its like ND put it there just to have a laugh.

Message 68 of 92 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Jan 12, 2013

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

I have to agree with King_Cobra, the KAL was designed for CQC. And that's what it does. If a KAL user gets caught in an open space, they're screwed. I don't see the KAL as a problem. An annoyance? Yes. A problem? No. But the next time you run into a KAL user (which will probably be a while because there aren't that many of them), see what their score is at the end of the game. In my experience, they rarely go positive. Usually just trading deaths. It doesn't take skill to use. It takes very  little more than knowledge of the map to use opportunistically. But it really isn't effective.They don't get good scores and they are relatively easy to stop. Now, with lag and teleporting steel-fist, their statagy just became far more effective. But that's lag, nothing else. Once again, almost all the problems with the Uncharted 3 competitive multiplayer stem from lag. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 69 of 92 (202 Views)
Survivor
2203 posts

Jan 12, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

I have to agree with King_Cobra, the KAL was designed for CQC. And that's what it does. If a KAL user gets caught in an open space, they're screwed. I don't see the KAL as a problem. An annoyance? Yes. A problem? No. But the next time you run into a KAL user (which will probably be a while because there aren't that many of them), see what their score is at the end of the game. In my experience, they rarely go positive. Usually just trading deaths. It doesn't take skill to use. It takes very  little more than knowledge of the map to use opportunistically. But it really isn't effective.They don't get good scores and they are relatively easy to stop. Now, with lag and teleporting steel-fist, their statagy just became far more effective. But that's lag, nothing else. Once again, almost all the problems with the Uncharted 3 competitive multiplayer stem from lag. 

True, It is rather easy to stop a kal. Problem is, most kal users hide in corners. -_-

Message 70 of 92 (199 Views)
0 Likes