Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
996 posts

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

Jan 13, 2013
I use the Kal and the Tau, and it's my wildcard loadout. And out of all the guns, I'd say the Kal, is the wildcard. It's amazing at blindfire ESPECIALLY from cover and you can aim it at close range or steal kills.

There is nothing wrong with it, if it kills you then you shouldn't have been that close in the first place. i.e If you don't want to be killed by close quarter combat (Melee, blindfire and shotguns) don't be in close quarter combat.
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 92 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:
I use the Kal and the Tau, and it's my wildcard loadout. And out of all the guns, I'd say the Kal, is the wildcard. It's amazing at blindfire ESPECIALLY from cover and you can aim it at close range or steal kills.

There is nothing wrong with it, if it kills you then you shouldn't have been that close in the first place. i.e If you don't want to be killed by close quarter combat (Melee, blindfire and shotguns) don't be in close quarter combat.

That part i disagree with. 

Players that use the Kal for blindfire purposes Sprint and zig zag through hotspots in maps looking for players that are unsusspecting. Its hard to not let a Kal user close to you without back up. 

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 92 (183 Views)
I Only Post Everything
996 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

Players that use the Kal for blindfire purposes Sprint and zig zag through hotspots in maps looking for players that are unsusspecting. Its hard to not let a Kal user close to you without back up. 

I can say from experience that if you begin to fire while blindfiring, you slow down drastically, and then add on stopping power, it's like standing still. Now, I understand the anger when people melee, personally, I hate melee, and will never seek out a target with the intention of only melee or blindfire+melee. Regardless, you only have your self to blame for being in a scenario where the Kal could kill you. Uncharted 3's maps are fairly balanced in the way that; if you want to long range combat and stay away from blindfire, melee and shotguns, then generally every map has that area, the only exception might be London Streets.

I don't like blindfire when it comes to the M9, but I don't mind the Kal because it's a lot harder than it looks to actually do decent. Aside from the M9 I have no problem with blindfire-only kills...but when you throw in that melee after blindfiring, I think you're scum. But even with my despise of a majority of close combat methods I see nothing wrong with the Kal. It's a blindfire weapon and if you're in blindfire range you better act fast if you want to survive.

Want some advice? Be aware of your surroundings, know where your team is and where the enemy is spawning. Maybe that 1 player that uses the Kal you find in 1/15 games is spawning behind.

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 92 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

I can say from experience that if you begin to fire while blindfiring, you slow down drastically, and then add on stopping power, it's like standing still. Now, I understand the anger when people melee, personally, I hate melee, and will never seek out a target with the intention of only melee or blindfire+melee. Regardless, you only have your self to blame for being in a scenario where the Kal could kill you. Uncharted 3's maps are fairly balanced in the way that; if you want to long range combat and stay away from blindfire, melee and shotguns, then generally every map has that area, the only exception might be London Streets.

I don't like blindfire when it comes to the M9, but I don't mind the Kal because it's a lot harder than it looks to actually do decent. Aside from the M9 I have no problem with blindfire-only kills...but when you throw in that melee after blindfiring, I think you're scum. But even with my despise of a majority of close combat methods I see nothing wrong with the Kal. It's a blindfire weapon and if you're in blindfire range you better act fast if you want to survive.

Want some advice? Be aware of your surroundings, know where your team is and where the enemy is spawning. Maybe that 1 player that uses the Kal you find in 1/15 games is spawning behind.

I have a large amount of experience myself and i can stop a Kal user in his tracks 95% of the time. Problem about stopping him this way, We both die. If there is a player that is aiming and a player that is blindfiring, the player that is aiming should win everytime, but thats not the case on UC3.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 92 (173 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

Players that use the Kal for blindfire purposes Sprint and zig zag through hotspots in maps looking for players that are unsusspecting. Its hard to not let a Kal user close to you without back up sufficient stopping power.

FTFY

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

but when you throw in that melee after blindfiring, I think you're scum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEWnzMAYU1E

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 92 (148 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
996 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

Players that use the Kal for blindfire purposes Sprint and zig zag through hotspots in maps looking for players that are unsusspecting. Its hard to not let a Kal user close to you without back up sufficient stopping power.

FTFY

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

Stopping power is a lot worse on the blindfiring end than it looks on the shooting/defensive end.

As for the "scum" comment, I mean, you're obviously going to be forced to BF melee every so often, but when you are after someone with the intention of only BF melee killing them, that is where I think you're scum just to clarify. Especially with the Para or M9. Heck that 92fs was worse in Uncharted 2 by a long shot.

Also, my 500mhz CPU would die trying to load that video, not even going to attempt it on this computer.

EDIT*** to avoid double posting

@Blooddrunk, Blindfiring should be more effective, not an automatic win. If I blindfire at close range and you aim at close range, there is a chance you can win, but my blindfire is the most effective form of combat at melee range or just outside of it. Personally that is where the Kal kills me, anything past that is Para or M9. The Kal is not the problem, it's blindfire in general that you're seeing wrong with. I have no problem handling Kal users unless they're in the melee range, and that is how it should be.

I apologize for the sloppy post, I am trying to play and type. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 92 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2668 posts

Jan 13, 2013
the KAL7s blindfire is fine, it should be the best blindfire gun, i just think its aimed accuracy should be increased so that you can aim it effectively at 25m - you should be able to do that.

blindfire in general is another story - movement speed while blindfiring should be decreased by 20% and if the auto lock-on range could be reduced that would be great

melee should also be a 3 hit kill (its just two powerful at a 2 hit kill when combined with blindfire)

finally the M9 and para9 need there blindfire decreased - everyone knows that

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 92 (129 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
996 posts

Jan 13, 2013
^ Exactly, it's not the Kal, it's blindfire in general. if I am in a match and there is a Kal user and an a few M9 users I can take the 1st or 2nd best M9 user on the team and he will blindfire kill me way more than the Kal user. The Kal kinda sucks to be honest, and is for sure not worth complaining about.
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 92 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
620 posts

Jan 13, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

FTFY

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

I just watched that video for the first time.

Depression.

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 92 (122 Views)
I Only Post Everything
996 posts

Jan 13, 2013
What is the vid? I can't watch it. :'(
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 92 (120 Views)
0 Likes