Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Survivor
Registered: 06/30/2012
Online
2179 posts
 

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

Jan 13, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:
What is the vid? I can't watch it. :'(

Uncharted 3: Way of the Iron Fist, or something like that. Cog proudly talks about blindfire.... and seems to be encouraging players to use it... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 92 (203 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2178 posts
 

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

Jan 13, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:
I use the Kal and the Tau, and it's my wildcard loadout. And out of all the guns, I'd say the Kal, is the wildcard. It's amazing at blindfire ESPECIALLY from cover and you can aim it at close range or steal kills.

There is nothing wrong with it, if it kills you then you shouldn't have been that close in the first place. i.e If you don't want to be killed by close quarter combat (Melee, blindfire and shotguns) don't be in close quarter combat.

That part i disagree with. 

Players that use the Kal for blindfire purposes Sprint and zig zag through hotspots in maps looking for players that are unsusspecting. Its hard to not let a Kal user close to you without back up sufficient stopping power.


FTFY

 


Renegade_angel95 wrote:

but when you throw in that melee after blindfiring, I think you're scum.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEWnzMAYU1E


I just watched the video and well...

tumblr_m8rv2hMvkJ1qfirpxo1_r1_500.gif

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 92 (192 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

Jan 13, 2013

Cog is loved by everyone I see. :smileyvery-happy:


Renegade_angel95 wrote:

Stopping power is a lot worse on the blindfiring end than it looks on the shooting/defensive end.


Stopping power needs some changes:

1) Zero SP when you blindfire.

2) More SP when you aim.
3) Ultra-strong SP in CQC range.
4) Weaker SP in long-range gunfights.

 

Let's admit it: nerfing the G-MAL was a LAME "solution", aka quick 'n dirty fix (ND's tradition). SP just needed a huge overhaul.


Of course it would never happen, because it would promote skill.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 92 (173 Views)
Naughty Paw
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5850 posts
 

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

Jan 15, 2013

Blennerville wrote:
the KAL7s blindfire is fine, it should be the best blindfire gun, i just think its aimed accuracy should be increased so that you can aim it effectively at 25m - you should be able to do that.

blindfire in general is another story - movement speed while blindfiring should be decreased by 20% and if the auto lock-on range could be reduced that would be great

melee should also be a 3 hit kill (its just two powerful at a 2 hit kill when combined with blindfire)

finally the M9 and para9 need there blindfire decreased - everyone knows that



So you want it to be both effective at aiming and blindfire? Hmm aren't there both a long gun and pistol with those capabilities that are being complained about right now?

 

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 92 (131 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 08/04/2011
Offline
2668 posts
 

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

Jan 15, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:
the KAL7s blindfire is fine, it should be the best blindfire gun, i just think its aimed accuracy should be increased so that you can aim it effectively at 25m - you should be able to do that.

blindfire in general is another story - movement speed while blindfiring should be decreased by 20% and if the auto lock-on range could be reduced that would be great

melee should also be a 3 hit kill (its just two powerful at a 2 hit kill when combined with blindfire)

finally the M9 and para9 need there blindfire decreased - everyone knows that



So you want it to be both effective at aiming and blindfire? Hmm aren't there both a long gun and pistol with those capabilities that are being complained about right now?

 


 

if you read closely you would be able to deduce that i want it to be good at close range, nothing more.

yes i want to be able to aim it easier (reduce its recoil, that doesnt mean no recoil, just less) - but only at close range - its supposed to be the best close range gun but its not - it just has more blindfire accuracy - close range weapon doesnt mean only blindfire. do you not understand that i want all the guns to be good in their fields - turn blindfire off and how good is the KAL.

 

could you possible be talking about the M9 - im just guessing but imo the reason people are complaining about the M9 is because it is better than the Gmal at range and it is also better than the KAL at close range including blindfire.

 

im confused, do you not want people to aim more often instead of running and gunning ??

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 92 (122 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5850 posts
 

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

Jan 15, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:
the KAL7s blindfire is fine, it should be the best blindfire gun, i just think its aimed accuracy should be increased so that you can aim it effectively at 25m - you should be able to do that.

blindfire in general is another story - movement speed while blindfiring should be decreased by 20% and if the auto lock-on range could be reduced that would be great

melee should also be a 3 hit kill (its just two powerful at a 2 hit kill when combined with blindfire)

finally the M9 and para9 need there blindfire decreased - everyone knows that



So you want it to be both effective at aiming and blindfire? Hmm aren't there both a long gun and pistol with those capabilities that are being complained about right now?

 


 

if you read closely you would be able to deduce that i want it to be good at close range, nothing more.

yes i want to be able to aim it easier (reduce its recoil, that doesnt mean no recoil, just less) - but only at close range - its supposed to be the best close range gun but its not - it just has more blindfire accuracy - close range weapon doesnt mean only blindfire. do you not understand that i want all the guns to be good in their fields - turn blindfire off and how good is the KAL.

 

could you possible be talking about the M9 - im just guessing but imo the reason people are complaining about the M9 is because it is better than the Gmal at range and it is also better than the KAL at close range including blindfire.

 

im confused, do you not want people to aim more often instead of running and gunning ??


I don't care if they aim or run n' gun, it's their preference. Besides, when I see people running and gunning, it rarely is with a Kal anyway...and I did read closely and see what range you put. The kals recoil is fine, I'm not sure how close, close-range to you is, but to me it is close and further than that is mid-range and beyond. As it stands the Kal IS best at close-range, its just that the M9 is also just as good and more which is why people use it a lot more.

 

Same with the G-mal and it's 0 recoil and Airstrip plane Stopping Power, with that combination the G-mal was devastating at any range. Also the Fal's high bullet damage made it great at all ranges as well.

 

Just as the M9, let alone with the RoF mod, is great at all ranges. I'm sure that if the M9 and para were reduced in blindfire accuracy and maybe had another tweak here n' there, we would see the micro and kal dominate close-range a lot more just as it should be.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 92 (106 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/04/2011
Offline
2668 posts
 

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

Jan 15, 2013
aiming the KAL is not rewarding enough and it encourages blindfire - it should have lower recoil so that it can be controlled easier in close range by noobs.

yes m9 and para9 need blindfire nerf.
Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 92 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5850 posts
 

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

Jan 16, 2013

I love getting kills aiming the Kal, and it is easier than you think. If the recoil is tweaked to an extent of being noticeably better for aiming, then players can easily use it to their advantage to get insane kills with the kal, There are already people out there who can reach even mid-range using the kal, although still slightly ineffective.

 

A competent player can and will turn that into an op gun if the recoil is dummed down. As it stands, its blindfire reaches further than any other gun, as well as if it is aimed in close-range by someone with decent aim it can tear a person up insanely quickly.

 

I don't get it, people say that this gun is a noob gun and is pointless to use because it sucks, but on the other hand they want it tweaked because it is unfair to get killed by it? What kind of logic is that?

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 92 (84 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/04/2011
Offline
2668 posts
 

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

Jan 16, 2013
i dont get you at all (you must be on meds)

i love getting kills aiming the KAL, yes i can aim it easily enough and get kills approaching mid range - so what ??, its still way too hard/takes too much effort

so if its recoil is lowered slightly so that its easier to aim then it will become OP ???, - thats really makes sense, cuz it would be much more accurate than the M9 and would also kill faster.
i needs a buff in its aiming accuracy cuz it is a weak gun.
Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 92 (77 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5850 posts
 

Re: The KAL-7. **bleep** were you guys thinking?

Jan 16, 2013

Blennerville wrote:
its still way too hard/takes too much effort
cuz it would be much more accurate than the M9 and would also kill faster.
i needs a buff in its aiming accuracy cuz it is a weak gun.

 

So you want to buff it because it's to hard for you to use? Wow...if that's your reason I'm done arguing here.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 92 (71 Views)
Reply
0 Likes