Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Apr 18 2013
By: stayFROST-E Wastelander 698 posts
Offline

The Lab -- Blindfire Nerf Testing

[ Edited ]
95 replies 624 views Edited May 6, 2013

In the most recent Q&A, it seems that ND has accepted that hipfire/blindfire is a problem. So, let's make The Lab a testing ground for a blindfire nerf (only for a week or so though :smileywink:). Let's make this happen!

 

Ideas for blindfire nerfs to be tested in the lab.

 


EDIT -- 5/5/13

 

  • Day 1 -- Increase stopping power to all guns by 10%.
  • Day 2 -- Universal blindfire accuracy nerf by 10%.
  • Day 3 -- Auto-lock on distance/effectiveness reduced by 30%.
  • Day 4 -- Movement speed while blindfiring reduced by 10%.
  • Day 5 -- Only the M9 and para-9's blindfire accuracy is nerfed (10%).
  • Day 6 -- Melee is nerf to 3 hits to kill (34-49% per hit).
  • Day 7 -- Pain wobble is included/increased for BF. Each bullet would either lower the BF accuracy of the weapon or throw the camera, making it harder for the auto-lock to work properly/effectively.
  • Day 8&9 -- Top two contenders are revised and compared.

 

 

After the testing phase, ND can gather feedback from the players and, of course, with their own judgment/expertise decide which way to nerf blindfire. What do you guys/girls think? Help me revise this and make it worthy of actually happening!!!

 

Edited to include more nerf variation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

 


Worst speed test ever.png


 


Message 1 of 96 (624 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 10/03/2009
Offline
699 posts
 

Re: --Blindfire/New lab idea--

Apr 18, 2013

too much work for two dudes taks with money making ideas without player input

all we can hope for is a M9 base BF nerfed down and a Para9 damage reduce so it takes four bullets to kill wit punch

YOU DO KNOW THE AUTOLOCK ONLY WORKS WHEN REALllY CLOSE ONLY

so mentioning the extra long auto lock that existed doesnt make the current autolockt bad

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 2 of 96 (612 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/13/2012
Offline
698 posts
 

Re: --Blindfire/New lab idea--

Apr 18, 2013

Steven1379 wrote:

too much work for two dudes taks with money making ideas without player input

all we can hope for is a M9 base BF nerfed down and a Para9 damage reduce so it takes four bullets to kill wit punch

YOU DO KNOW THE AUTOLOCK ONLY WORKS WHEN REALllY CLOSE ONLY

so mentioning the extra long auto lock that existed doesnt make the current autolockt bad


This is difficult to decifer so I'll try my best. The "two man development team" was just a rumor, ND confirmed that there are more people working on UC3 now. M9 base nerf? Sure, but not relevent (because it certainly should be a substitute for a blindfire nerf). Making the para-9 four shots (and a melee) to kill would either require lowering the damage of melee or the para-9 (neither are relevent to the thread). I know autolock on only works when close that's why I said effectiveness and distance. 

 

More important than any I just said though is this; I don't care if you think blindfire is fine the way it is. I respect your opinion, but that is completely outside of the scope of this suggestion. I don't want to debate whether or not blindfire is okay the way it is now. I'm not trying to be offensive and I'm not trying to start an argument. I'm trying to keep this thread from tangents. One of the presuppositions of this thread is that blindfire is a problem and that ND realizes that and is willing/able to take action. Thank you for your understanding, please feel free to contribute in other ways though. :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

 


Worst speed test ever.png


 


Message 3 of 96 (605 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/01/2013
Offline
1419 posts
 

Re: --Blindfire/New lab idea--

Apr 18, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

Steven1379 wrote:

too much work for two dudes taks with money making ideas without player input

all we can hope for is a M9 base BF nerfed down and a Para9 damage reduce so it takes four bullets to kill wit punch

YOU DO KNOW THE AUTOLOCK ONLY WORKS WHEN REALllY CLOSE ONLY

so mentioning the extra long auto lock that existed doesnt make the current autolockt bad


This is difficult to decifer so I'll try my best. The "two man development team" was just a rumor, ND confirmed that there are more people working on UC3 now. M9 base nerf? Sure, but not relevent (because it certainly should be a substitute for a blindfire nerf). Making the para-9 four shots (and a melee) to kill would either require lowering the damage of melee or the para-9 (neither are relevent to the thread). I know autolock on only works when close that's why I said effectiveness and distance. 

 

More important than any I just said though is this; I don't care if you think blindfire is fine the way it is. I respect your opinion, but that is completely outside of the scope of this suggestion. I don't want to debate whether or not blindfire is okay the way it is now. I'm not trying to be offensive and I'm not trying to start an argument. I'm trying to keep this thread from tangents. One of the presuppositions of this thread is that blindfire is a problem and that ND realizes that and is willing/able to take action. Thank you for your understanding, please feel free to contribute in other ways though. :smileyhappy:


the two man development team was not a rumor it was a quote from an interview ND did upon the release of F2P assuring new players the game will be supported by them.

Message 4 of 96 (602 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/13/2012
Offline
698 posts
 

Re: --Blindfire/New lab idea--

Apr 18, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

the two man development team was not a rumor it was a quote from an interview ND did upon the release of F2P assuring new players the game will be supported by them.


You seem to have COMPLETELY missed the point of my post. That's not relevent... I don't care... Do you anything to say about my suggestion? :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

 


Worst speed test ever.png


 


Message 5 of 96 (596 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/30/2013
Offline
1541 posts
 

Re: --Blindfire/New lab idea--

Apr 18, 2013

Nerfing blindfire would be a very good and a very bad idea. It should only be nerfed for guns which aren't completely useless at blindfiring. So anything other than the TAU, Dragon, T-Bolt, GMAL and FAL. If the scope guns' blindfire is nerfed then that kind of makes the gun even more useless.

 

But that Lab thing is an alright idea. Every day try something different and receive feedback until there is mainly positivity...

Bang Bang!

Message 6 of 96 (595 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/13/2012
Offline
698 posts
 

Re: --Blindfire/New lab idea--

Apr 18, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Nerfing blindfire would be a very good and a very bad idea. It should only be nerfed for guns which aren't completely useless at blindfiring. So anything other than the TAU, Dragon, T-Bolt, GMAL and FAL. If the scope guns' blindfire is nerfed then that kind of makes the gun even more useless.

 

But that Lab thing is an alright idea. Every day try something different and receive feedback until there is mainly positivity...


Thank you for a constructive response! Honestly because those guns are all useless at blindfiring, I don't see why anyone would care if they're nerfed or not. But yeah, those aren't the problem. So I wouldn't be opposed to not nerfing those. The AK's blindfire accuracy should be the max for any gun (except for the KAL).

 

BTW, what would you think about a auto-lock on toggle. When you had it on it would be just like it is now. But if you turned it off, it would be standard hipfire, where you have to aim your hipfire in the direction of the opponent. BUT, you could increase your blindfire accuracy if you turned the toggle off. Or maybe you could increase you blindfire running speed slightly if you had it off. Noobs can have a leg up because of the auto-lock on, but experts can still be more efficient with hipfire when they learn the mechanics and turn the toggle off. Incentive to aim, yet not neglecting those who can't. Win-win! Just an idea. What do you think? Anyone?

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

 


Worst speed test ever.png


 


Message 7 of 96 (588 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
10076 posts
 

Re: --Blindfire/New lab idea--

Apr 18, 2013
^ Actually nerfing the blindfire of junk guns might make them more underused. Yes, I wouldn't care less if the Dragon blindfire and Raff blindfire is nerfed, but people who are new and trying these guns out would prefer guns that blindfire and aim well even after the nerf.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 8 of 96 (584 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/01/2013
Offline
1419 posts
 

Re: --Blindfire/New lab idea--

Apr 18, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

the two man development team was not a rumor it was a quote from an interview ND did upon the release of F2P assuring new players the game will be supported by them.


You seem to have COMPLETELY missed the point of my post. That's not relevent... I don't care... Do you anything to say about my suggestion? :smileyhappy:


It was apart of your post & you took the time to try & clarify that it was a rumor that got debunked thus also making it relevant :manmad:

 

And no I didn't miss the point of your post removing auto lock & increasing BF speed would not contribute any form of substantial feedback by the way.

 

I think stopping power for all guns are fairly balanced as it is now.

 

Basically blindfiring for the M9 should be as effective as the AK Blinfiring capability.

 

the Para should get a small nerf 

 

Melee should get a nerf it's way too OP this part of the contributing factor to BF.

 

The lab idea isn't bad by the way.

Message 9 of 96 (577 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/03/2009
Offline
699 posts
 

Re: --Blindfire/New lab idea--

Apr 18, 2013

**bleep**

the bf idea is too complicated for them to make

when the prob is the M9 and the Para9

 

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 10 of 96 (551 Views)
Reply
0 Likes