Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
698 posts

Re: The Lab -- Blindfire Nerf Testing

May 1, 2013

LifeLongFrenzy wrote:

Kudo'd 

Thanks! :smileyhappy: What do you think about the buff to aiming as opposed to a nerf to blindfire? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 96 (113 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

May 1, 2013
It might make it Max Payne ish. Way too easy, y'know? I'll have to get a feel on it first before I can call it.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 96 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

May 1, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
It might make it Max Payne ish. Way too easy, y'know? I'll have to get a feel on it first before I can call it.

I've never played Max Payne. I'm not talking about increased aim assist, only slightly reduced recoil. But if we tested it, we would know if it'd be an improvement or not. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 96 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

May 1, 2013
I'm not talking about MP3's aim assist. Bro, that game has little or no recoil. I mean jesus the only wobble yoy have is if you dive out of a building then you tried to shoot at people.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 96 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

May 1, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I'm not talking about MP3's aim assist. Bro, that game has little or no recoil. I mean jesus the only wobble yoy have is if you dive out of a building then you tried to shoot at people.

Moderation is the key here. Reducing recoil does not mean I want to make it so there is no recoil, or even significantly less recoil. What I have heard multiple times from multiple people here on the forums is that they feel like they are fighting the game's mechanics to get a kill. I don't think it should be like that, especially when blindfire is just so easy. This is one of many possible solutions. The purpose of this thread is literally to demonstrate that no one really knows how blindfire should be nerfed. My solution: let's come up with a bunch of different ways and test them ALL out. Apparently the reduced recoil isn't very popular (with all one of you, but thank you for actually giving me feedback). It might not make the cut to be tested, however unlikely that this will ever occur. 

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 96 (99 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

May 1, 2013
That would make sense, although it could prove very hard to find the sweet spot between "sucky aim mehanic" and "is this a kids game".
Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 96 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

May 1, 2013

It would be hard but I don't think that's necessary. Keep it so that you still have to fight the aiming mechanics, just make it less. Specifically make it 10% less. Just a little boost for those who aim, nothing game changing. 

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 96 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

May 4, 2013

Alright, I decided to bump this thread because I came up with a new solution. You all know about painwobble? Well, to fix the blindfire problem you just add pain wobble to blindfire. 

The problem I see with blindfire in its current state is that it is used as an offensive technique. Essentially, there are people called "blindfire rushers." They literally run into a bunch of people and blindfire and WnR. This is their playstyle. The only way in which I see that this is wrong is when it out classes aiming. I don't see blindfire as a problem if it is used when flanking, but most importantly, when the opponent is not aware of them. This is where pain wobble come in. You only experience pain wobble when being shot (obviously). So why wouldn't you experience when being shot blindfiring?

Answer: you should (and it is possible that you do already, I just don't know). Either way, the painwobble needs to increase. The beauty of this is that it doesn't hurt flanking a legitimate time to blindfire, and only hurts blindfire rushers

Basically, this would mean that if you are being shot your blindfire accuracy goes down by however much (I won't even attempt a percentage, I'll leave that to the developers). Not your speed (which is a legitimate reason to blindfire, sacrificing accuracy for speed) 

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 96 (79 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

May 4, 2013
I love that, though the gun IS wobbly in blindfire. Hence the stray bullets, yeah.

Maybe if the rusher gets shot he or she has the camera bounce.
Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 96 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
391 posts

May 4, 2013
@stayFROST-E, yeah that actually seems like a decent solution, I've never had a problem by people blindfiring when I'm unaware of there presence, just when they are zig zagging towards me, with your solution I would only have to tag them a couple of times to throw off their Blindfire
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 96 (71 Views)
0 Likes