Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: The Lab -- Blindfire Nerf Testing

May 4, 2013
Now we need to set a way to put wobble on it. Do we throw off the camera sideways? Shake it as if it was naded?

Note that if the only thing happening is user disorientation, it won't work. You can blindfire blindfolded.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 81 of 96 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7079 posts

May 4, 2013

Will it be affected my Scoped-in?

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 82 of 96 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 4, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Isn't that "reduced pain wobble while aiming"?

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 83 of 96 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7079 posts

May 4, 2013

It's just while "scoped-in" so yea I guess that means aiming.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 84 of 96 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

May 4, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
It might make it Max Payne ish. Way too easy, y'know? I'll have to get a feel on it first before I can call it.

I've never played Max Payne. I'm not talking about increased aim assist, only slightly reduced recoil. But if we tested it, we would know if it'd be an improvement or not. Smiley Wink

ohai dere kal-7. Smiley Tongue

Anyway this lab does seem like it would be a pretty neat idea.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Message 85 of 96 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

May 5, 2013

Beelzebean wrote:
@stayFROST-E, yeah that actually seems like a decent solution, I've never had a problem by people blindfiring when I'm unaware of there presence, just when they are zig zagging towards me, with your solution I would only have to tag them a couple of times to throw off their Blindfire

Thanks! And me too, I think that BF after flanking is legitimate/justafiable reason to blindfire. That's what I was going for. Really, it seems kind of ridiculous that there wouldn't have been pain wobble while blindfiring up to this point, or at least more than there is currently. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 86 of 96 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

May 5, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Now we need to set a way to put wobble on it. Do we throw off the camera sideways? Shake it as if it was naded?

Note that if the only thing happening is user disorientation, it won't work. You can blindfire blindfolded.

I was mainly meaning that the "pain wobble" would affect the actual stats of the gun. As in, not getting shot 25% BF accuracy but each bullet takes the BF accuracy down momentarily. However, I wouldn't be opposed to including camera shake to the person blindfiring. If that did happen, I think it should throw the camera sideways slightly. That's just one more thing that would make it just a little harder to be a blindfire rusher. 

Message 87 of 96 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

May 5, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Just like Fleet Foot doesn't increase blindfire movement speed, neither would Scoped In help against blindfire pain wobble. This is not because it shouldn't, but Scoped In is already a great booster and it doesn't need a buff. And I also don't think there should be any way for people to get out of the blindfire pain wobble. 

Message 88 of 96 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 5, 2013
I don't know about miniscule decreases to BF since I think ND tried that already with the M9, right?

I'm good with the camera going off. I mean, it makes sense. If they can't see you, the autolock has a hard time.
Message 89 of 96 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

May 5, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I don't know about miniscule decreases to BF since I think ND tried that already with the M9, right?

I'm good with the camera going off. I mean, it makes sense. If they can't see you, the autolock has a hard time.

It wouldn't be miniscule drops in BF accuracy. More like 10 to 25% decrease (out of 100%, e.g. not the weapon's 30% BF accuracy) in BF accuracy for each bullet for maybe .15 to .3 seconds. Really, I'm just spit balling here. I don't know the technical aspects of the game so I don't even know how it works now. 

I think to have painwobble up to the point that it could actually make you lose your target from your un-scoped view, it would have to be massive. IMO, any reasonable painwobble on screen wouldn't actually make you lose a target from your autolock on blindfire. If it wasn't autolock on, then sure. But to actually have it make a difference with the autolock, it would just have to be outragiously huge pain wobble. 

Message 90 of 96 (167 Views)
0 Likes