Reply
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: The Lab -- Blindfire Nerf Testing

May 5, 2013
Your screen goes 90 degrees sideways, and it shakes like a nearby nade drop.

That should put then off long enough to run past them and take them from the back.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 91 of 96 (224 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2203 posts
 

Re: The Lab -- Blindfire Nerf Testing

May 5, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Your screen goes 90 degrees sideways, and it shakes like a nearby nade drop.

That should put then off long enough to run past them and take them from the back.

I think the screen should shake and cause bullets to go haywire when you take damage, that would solve the problem with people rushing at you. Now what about the rest of it?

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 92 of 96 (217 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: The Lab -- Blindfire Nerf Testing

May 5, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Your screen goes 90 degrees sideways, and it shakes like a nearby nade drop.

That should put then off long enough to run past them and take them from the back.

I think the screen should shake and cause bullets to go haywire when you take damage, that would solve the problem with people rushing at you. Now what about the rest of it?


What, when they surprise you (from the back, around corners)? I think that's more of a player problem.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 93 of 96 (214 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2203 posts
 

Re: The Lab -- Blindfire Nerf Testing

May 5, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Your screen goes 90 degrees sideways, and it shakes like a nearby nade drop.

That should put then off long enough to run past them and take them from the back.

I think the screen should shake and cause bullets to go haywire when you take damage, that would solve the problem with people rushing at you. Now what about the rest of it?


What, when they surprise you (from the back, around corners)? I think that's more of a player problem.


True, but even if we fix the fact that you cant run straight at someone then players will quickly start to blindfire behind. The last thin I want is to be killed by blindfire from 10 feet in the back.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 94 of 96 (205 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: The Lab -- Blindfire Nerf Testing

May 6, 2013
We could lower blindfire distance like one of frost's day # ideas, probs.

But after that and you're still getting taken from the back maybe you need less open areas.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 95 of 96 (199 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
Registered: 08/13/2012
Offline
698 posts
 

Re: The Lab -- Blindfire Nerf Testing

May 6, 2013

I don't see a problem with dying to BF if you were unaware of their presence. However, I see the vast majority of "blindfire rushing" as the problem. That's why I like the painwobble idea. About the painwobble idea; it would necessarily make blindfire always ineffective, only significantly more inconsistent. Because it deals with percentages (in the current model) there is still a chance that every bullet will make contact (just like there's a chance that you can blindfire a dragon twice a get the kill, although the odds wouldn't be that low). 

 

There is one problem that maybe you guys could help me out with. If blindfire is meant to be used as a last resort tactic, but my solution would essentially decrease someone's BF accuracy, doesn't that basically mean that you could no longer use it to any effectiveness as a last resort tactic (your BF accuracy would be so low that it would essentially do nothing)? Is that a bad thing? Would having a lowest possible BF accuracy percentage be a good solution? Or should the time that the painwobble takes effect be decreased (This would make guns with high RoF be potentially better at BF than other guns, which is how UC3 is designed now, and I think it should stay that way)? Anyway, what ideas/problems do you guys have about this idea, my other BF 'solutions' or do you have any of your own solutions?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

 


Worst speed test ever.png


 


Message 96 of 96 (195 Views)
Reply
0 Likes