Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Re: --Blindfire/New lab idea--

Apr 18, 2013

I don't think it's possible to change gun stats for a specific mode, besides that it's probably too much work.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 96 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Steven1379 wrote:

**bleep**

the bf idea is too complicated for them to make

when the prob is the M9 and the Para9

*And the 50% melee damage

Message 12 of 96 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Steven1379 wrote:

**bleep**

the bf idea is too complicated for them to make

when the prob is the M9 and the Para9

steven, you know very well that I could win easily of you with hipfire on the ak-47, kal-7 and micro as well, and probably the other weapons too if I tried, hipfire in general is a problem, not only hipfire on certain guns...

on-topic: I agree with the idea, but I am afraid Naughty Dog doesn't want to throw the auto-lock system away and only wants to change some numbers about hipfire effectiveness, I hope I am wrong though, because the auto-lock system is the biggest problem...

Message 13 of 96 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Apr 19, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
^ Actually nerfing the blindfire of junk guns might make them more underused. Yes, I wouldn't care less if the Dragon blindfire and Raff blindfire is nerfed, but people who are new and trying these guns out would prefer guns that blindfire and aim well even after the nerf.

Nerfing the G-MAL's, FAL-SS's, dragon's, tau's, and raffica's blindfire accuracy wouldn't be a big deal, IMO. I think pretty much as soon as you get used to them you should notice they suck at blindfiring (that goes for all non-automatics, except the para-9 Smiley Very Happy). And the reduction would be smaller too (because it would be by percentage). -10% of 10 is less than -10% of 100. But still, except for the para-9, the actual nerf wouldn't have to include those weapons. I don't think it makes a big difference either way. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 14 of 96 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

stayFROST-E wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

the two man development team was not a rumor it was a quote from an interview ND did upon the release of F2P assuring new players the game will be supported by them.

You seem to have COMPLETELY missed the point of my post. That's not relevent... I don't care... Do you anything to say about my suggestion? Smiley Happy

It was apart of your post & you took the time to try & clarify that it was a rumor that got debunked thus also making it relevant Man Mad

And no I didn't miss the point of your post removing auto lock & increasing BF speed would not contribute any form of substantial feedback by the way.

I think stopping power for all guns are fairly balanced as it is now.

Basically blindfiring for the M9 should be as effective as the AK Blinfiring capability.

the Para should get a small nerf 

Melee should get a nerf it's way too OP this part of the contributing factor to BF.

The lab idea isn't bad by the way.

"Why does Uncharted 3 only have a two man MP team?" - Blooddrunk123

We have reallocated studio resources to work on other projects but this is a quote that was a bit of hyperbole. It has since been taken out of context. We certainly have more than two people working on U3 Multiplayer right now otherwise Patch 1.17 wouldn’t have ever happened. However we have scaled back the team size to handle the maintenance of the game rather than building new content for the game. That said we have plenty of new content in the pipeline that will be coming out over the next few months. We recently unearthed a gem that might see the light of day too. J 

--Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: March Edition

Smiley Indifferent I actually spent the ten and a half seconds to look this up this time. Seems pretty debunked if you ask me, pretty explicit... Help me out, so you think that, excluding the M9 and para 9's blindfire, blindfire as a whole is NOT a problem? Also, if you wouldn't mind clarifying, why don't you think that eliminating autolock on (but increasing BF speed/or accuracy) wouldn't help? Is it because of the increase of BF mobility? Also, don't you think that if the blindfire on the M9 was reduced to the AK's, everyone would switch to the AK (because of it's superior stopping power, faster reload, more ammo, and available at a lower rank)? In what way do you think the para 9 should get nerfed? 1+ bullet to kill? lower blindfire accuracy? And melee, do you think it should be 3HK? or just "less"? What do you mean by "the lab isn't bad by the way"? I don't think the lab is bad, I like the lab. Or do you mean that the Lab idea wasn't bad? Clarification would be much appreciated. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 96 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 19, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

stayFROST-E wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

the two man development team was not a rumor it was a quote from an interview ND did upon the release of F2P assuring new players the game will be supported by them.

You seem to have COMPLETELY missed the point of my post. That's not relevent... I don't care... Do you anything to say about my suggestion? Smiley Happy

It was apart of your post & you took the time to try & clarify that it was a rumor that got debunked thus also making it relevant Man Mad

And no I didn't miss the point of your post removing auto lock & increasing BF speed would not contribute any form of substantial feedback by the way.

I think stopping power for all guns are fairly balanced as it is now.

Basically blindfiring for the M9 should be as effective as the AK Blinfiring capability.

the Para should get a small nerf 

Melee should get a nerf it's way too OP this part of the contributing factor to BF.

The lab idea isn't bad by the way.

"Why does Uncharted 3 only have a two man MP team?" - Blooddrunk123

We have reallocated studio resources to work on other projects but this is a quote that was a bit of hyperbole. It has since been taken out of context. We certainly have more than two people working on U3 Multiplayer right now otherwise Patch 1.17 wouldn’t have ever happened. However we have scaled back the team size to handle the maintenance of the game rather than building new content for the game. That said we have plenty of new content in the pipeline that will be coming out over the next few months. We recently unearthed a gem that might see the light of day too. J 

--Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: March Edition

Smiley Indifferent I actually spent the ten and a half seconds to look this up this time. Seems pretty debunked if you ask me, pretty explicit... Help me out, so you think that, excluding the M9 and para 9's blindfire, blindfire as a whole is NOT a problem? Also, if you wouldn't mind clarifying, why don't you think that eliminating autolock on (but increasing BF speed/or accuracy) wouldn't help? Is it because of the increase of BF mobility? Also, don't you think that if the blindfire on the M9 was reduced to the AK's, everyone would switch to the AK (because of it's superior stopping power, faster reload, more ammo, and available at a lower rank)? In what way do you think the para 9 should get nerfed? 1+ bullet to kill? lower blindfire accuracy? And melee, do you think it should be 3HK? or just "less"? What do you mean by "the lab isn't bad by the way"? I don't think the lab is bad, I like the lab. Or do you mean that the Lab idea wasn't bad? Clarification would be much appreciated. Smiley Happy

Dude that ND reply is all PR smoke & mirrors... here you go.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/26/uncharted-3-multiplayer-goes-free-to-play-available-today-on-th/

BF is a universal problem but other than the Kal & Micro what other guns are good at it ?? the Para & M9 so if you tame the beasts & then nerf BF by another 10% overall I would be contented since it does come in handy during intense CQC battles.

simple without Auto Lock on BF is useless and I don't want to get rid of BF so removing Auto Lock on & increasing mobility while blindfiring would simply be pointles

Actually no I don't think anyone would switch to the AK people would simply not chase each other blindfiring like headless chickens but instead we might start seeing more Fal & G-Mal users since the M9 would no longer be the Jack of all trades gun anymore.

Well to be honest the Para is fine it's Melee that's that OP in my opinion one punch eradicates 50% of your health thus making the Para seem OP, maybe make it a 3 hit kill for melee like it was in Hardcore mode.

Nah I meant your lab ideas were good.

Message 16 of 96 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Dude that ND reply is all PR smoke & mirrors... here you go.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/26/uncharted-3-multiplayer-goes-free-to-play-available-today-on-th/

BF is a universal problem but other than the Kal & Micro what other guns are good at it ?? the Para & M9 so if you tame the beasts & then nerf BF by another 10% overall I would be contented since it does come in handy during intense CQC battles.

simple without Auto Lock on BF is useless and I don't want to get rid of BF so removing Auto Lock on & increasing mobility while blindfiring would simply be pointles

Actually no I don't think anyone would switch to the AK people would simply not chase each other blindfiring like headless chickens but instead we might start seeing more Fal & G-Mal users since the M9 would no longer be the Jack of all trades gun anymore.

Well to be honest the Para is fine it's Melee that's that OP in my opinion one punch eradicates 50% of your health thus making the Para seem OP, maybe make it a 3 hit kill for melee like it was in Hardcore mode.

Nah I meant your lab ideas were good.

Alright, both of our information is reliable and yet directly contradictory... I guess it's safe to say that no one knows for sure what ND's up to. But either way, I agree that ND ability to put out this kind of test may be limited (by time and resources). Well, maybe day (?) could just be a nerf of the M9 and para-9's blindfire accuracy. I'll edit the OP to refect this. 

Hopefully you're right and just a simple nerf could get people to stop blindfiring so much. If so, I would definitely support that. Should I also include a melee nerf day? If so, should it be no wack-n-roll or just 3HK melee or both?

Message 17 of 96 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Well,i´m saying this again but if ND just decrease the movement speed when blindfiring and add more SP to all guns(when you shoot a person that is blindfiring at you,just like in U2),i am sure that this will solve the issue.In my opinion the biggest problem is the speed when you blindfire,it is incredible fast.This combined with sprint makes blindfire OP.Just play U2 and blindfire,you will see a huge diference from U3.Slow blindfire movement speed in U2 and SP when someone rushes blindfiring at you was enough to make blindfire useless(last resort).We gotta try lowering the movement speed just like in U2 and add SP when a person rushes at you,this is enough for me.Some people may say that it will still be accurate but this will not matter anymore.People will try to blindfire at you but the slow movement speed and great SP will really slow down the person that is blindfiring at you making blindfire indeed a last resort,blindfire users won´t even get close to you because of this.It will still accurate but just in extremely close situations just like in U2.It appears that U2 and U3 are oposite games because in U3 you sprint and blindfire faster and low SP while in U2 you blindfire slow and great SP will counter blindfire.ND said that is hard to change blindfire mechanics but i don´t think that what i said is a hard task .It will actually balance blindfire and make it last resort

Message 18 of 96 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7083 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Why reduce the speed? Isn't the whole point of hipfire to risk accuracy for mobility?

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 19 of 96 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Why reduce the speed? Isn't the whole point of hipfire to risk accuracy for mobility?

Exactly, at least that's what I think too. But if we test them out in The Lab we can better know what we like and what we don't. Smiley Happy

Edit: I know I sound like a **bleep** but kudos are the only think ND cares about so I'd be super grateful if you guys would help me out. Please kudo the OP if you think that method I proposed would be an effective/efficient way to test different nerfs to blindfire.

Message 20 of 96 (219 Views)
0 Likes