Splicer
92 posts

Re: --Blindfire/New lab idea--

Apr 21, 2013
Alright Smiley Happy He already beat that game. All the way to prestige 69. Hes a pro. Fact.
Message 41 of 96 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Apr 21, 2013

Should day 7 include removed wack-n-roll? As it stands, that day has 3HK melee AND no WnR. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 42 of 96 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 21, 2013
That's too much. WnR was not effective in HC mode.

If you want, do a melee fix lab as well. One with HC mode melee (3HK) and one with UC2 melee (no WnR).
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 43 of 96 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Apr 21, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
That's too much. WnR was not effective in HC mode.

If you want, do a melee fix lab as well. One with HC mode melee (3HK) and one with UC2 melee (no WnR).

Right now, there is a melee nerf day. However, both no WnR and 3HK melee were one the same day. Separating them would take too long to test. I think having 3HK melee is a better solution than no WnR so maybe I'll just take no WnR out. 

Message 44 of 96 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: The Lab -- Blindfire Nerf Testing

Apr 21, 2013
Good idea. It's mostly on preference by now.

3HK would make it longer to kill someone allowing escape, but WnR battles still apply.

No WnR promotes fewer WnR battles, but Three-then-Melee still applies. I do TTM w/o WnR, so... Yeah.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 45 of 96 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Apr 21, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

In the most recent Q&A, it seems that ND has accepted that hipfire/blindfire is a problem. So, let's make The Lab a testing ground for a blindfire nerf (only for a week or so though Smiley Wink). Let's make this happen!

Ideas for blindfire nerfs to be tested in the lab.

• Day 1 -- Removed auto-lock on completely. Blindfire movement speed increased by 10%.
  • Day 2 -- Increase stopping power to all guns by 10%.
  • Day 3 -- Universal blindfire accuracy nerf by 10%.
  • Day 4 -- Auto-lock on distance/effectiveness reduced by 30%.
  • Day 5 -- Movement speed while blindfiring reduced by 10%.
  • Day 6 -- Only the M9 and para-9's blindfire accuracy is nerfed (10%).
  • Day 7 -- Melee is nerf to 3 hits to kill (34-49% per hit).
  • Day 8 -- Wack-n-roll is removed. 
  • Day 9&810 -- Top two contenders are compared and revised.

After the testing phase, ND can gather feedback from the players and, of course, with their own judgment/expertise decide which way to nerf blindfire. What do you guys/girls think? Help me revise this and make it worthy of actually happening!!!

Edited to include more nerf variation.

Alright, I've kept adding more nerfs but it's unlikely ND would be able to make of test all of them. So I'm asking, which ones should stay? Which ones are the best?

Message 46 of 96 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 22, 2013
1 3 4 5 7 for me at least.

Nerfing BF acc on the M9 and Para reduces its overuse, but then we actually have other guns that we don't want then to use (KAL).
Message 47 of 96 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Apr 22, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
1 3 4 5 7 for me at least.

Nerfing BF acc on the M9 and Para reduces its overuse, but then we actually have other guns that we don't want then to use (KAL).

Thanks for the imput! I should add a voting thing for each day or something. 

The reasoning behind just nerfing the M9 and para 9 was that people would have to dedicate to a blindfire gun if they wanted to use it as a playstyle. That would be annoying to have a bunch of people running around with KAL's but I think it would go the other way and people would go back to aiming. But your definately right in that it could go that way. And one day of testing probably wouldn't be enough to determine what it would make people do. So I guess that's kind of a dead end. 

How would you feel about a toggle that exchanges the autolock on ability of blindfire for increased blindfire movement speed? There's incentive to not rely on the lockon but for noobs there's still a crutch for them. I guess that's not really a fix for blindfire but I think it'd be a nice addition. Smiley Happy

Are there any other nerfs that should be tested?

Message 48 of 96 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 22, 2013
A toggle could be implemented, since the movement speed option is essentially what blindfire is: speed for accuracy.

There should be an equal drawback for choosing autolock. I mean, you can just sprint and then blindfire to mirror faster speed + lock on.

Preferably here are the toggle options:
Alternate Blindfire Toggle
On - Autolock on, blindfire movement speed -5%, sprint movement speed -5%
Off - blindfire movement speed +10%, no autolock
Message 49 of 96 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Apr 22, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
A toggle could be implemented, since the movement speed option is essentially what blindfire is: speed for accuracy.

There should be an equal drawback for choosing autolock. I mean, you can just sprint and then blindfire to mirror faster speed + lock on.

Preferably here are the toggle options:
Alternate Blindfire Toggle
On - Autolock on, blindfire movement speed -5%, sprint movement speed -5%
Off - blindfire movement speed +10%, no autolock

I hadn't thought of that, that's a good point and I like your solution. If Uncharted 4 had this type of shooting customization I would be really happy.  I don't want to discourage future discussion but unfortunately the chances of ND putting this in UC3 are pretty slim. Smiley Sad Also, ND should include a aim assist adjustment option. 

Message 50 of 96 (174 Views)
0 Likes