Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
18259 posts

Re: The Leaderboards Have Been Hacked Again (As of June 6th, 2014)

Jun 7, 2014

Scooby comes back one time to complain about the leaderboards.

He could at least say hi to the oldies still here. Gosh, man.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 27 (281 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Jun 7, 2014

canadian94eh wrote:

1. no, challenging online DLC is fine

2. also it gives you an idea of which people you can rely on before a match starts, and which people you should cover (because they are going to die A LOT -_-)

1. Did you enjoy grinding UC2 protectorates or UC3 treasures? I don't enjoy RPG games, but maybe that's just me.

2. I don't like the fact that I'm forced to check stat cards before the match starts. Everyone and their mom does it. That's why some people boost stats. Because stat cards are public and they're trying to impress internet strangers (...)

Stat cards promote ragequits/XMB sign outs/backing out to the lobby.

White plug is fair: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/What-does-the-blinking-white-plug-mean-and-why-is-it-disrupting/m-p/44241158/highlight/true#M106983
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 27 (275 Views)
Fender Bender
3468 posts

Jun 7, 2014

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Scooby comes back one time to complain about the leaderboards.

He could at least say hi to the oldies still here. Gosh, man.

Yup. :/

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 27 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
559 posts

Jun 7, 2014
Its extremely sad that ppl think ithers are impressed by their vid game numbers....

Heck most go as far as earning them cheaply, cowards will be cowards, no changing that mentality :U so they hack, glitch, and use the newbiesr tactics -_-

Weekly leaserboards is a good alternative, BUT concerning atat cards....i actually like and preffer they stay.

ND should include A LOT more stats like, RAGE quits, matches not finished, PING, percentage of kills w/pws, how likely they are to aim, and so on. Wait did i mention ping? Veeeery important. Ping.

...maybe, just maybe, then we could see a tryhards true colors XD
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 27 (249 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Jun 7, 2014

^ LOL, I guess it would be funny to have a stat card with the following stats:

1. Disconnections

2. Deliberate ragequits (via Leave game)

3. Download speed

4. Upload speed

5. Ping

6. Packet loss

White plug is fair: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/What-does-the-blinking-white-plug-mean-and-why-is-it-disrupting/m-p/44241158/highlight/true#M106983
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 27 (242 Views)
Last Guardian
11068 posts

Jun 7, 2014

The leaderboards have always been fake ever since the Subway Beta. Everything was wrong, 3TDM wins counted as losses, you could boost kills in Plunder/TO, there was no quit penalty and Co-op Hunter quits would count as a competitive loss after they patched in quit penalties.

I like how they wanted to start again from scratch, but don't they know there are hackes in this game now a days? Back when it released there were just the usual lag switchers, but this time it is 100% worse. People with infinite everything play this game daily and nothing is done about it, why?!

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 27 (234 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9954 posts

Jun 8, 2014
@silver how would we tell between XMB ragequit and leaving a broken game?

I like the Internet speed stats, but d/c and RQ stats would be more BS to put up regarding first impressions.

Both leaving a game that doesn't respawn people and leaving a game because you're 2kewl4this both counts as "being a **bleep** because you RQed".
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 27 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2232 posts

Jun 8, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

no, challenging online DLC is fine since it increases the longevity of the game 

Did you enjoy grinding UC2 protectorates or UC3 treasures? I don't enjoy RPG games, but maybe that's just me.

i really didn't play uncharted 2 that much (since i don't really go for DLC trophies unless i'm super into the game; platinum is all i really go for), so i can't really say anything about it ... but for U3 obviously the treasure system is BS, the trophies would be fine if that system was better, but since it's **bleep**, the trophies are also **bleep** ... so basically the way you unlock the trophy has to work for the trophy to be good (all the other online trophies for U3 were fine) ... every medal count trophy was possible (some might have taken longer to get but that's fine, since not all of them have to be easy to get) and those and the game mode wins promoted people to play more than just TDM, while some of the co-op trophies were challenging ... so basically for online DLC trophies all you need are trophies that rewards someone who plays the game for an extended amount of time but should be completely possible (so making it to the top level would be fine (as long as it's not crazy hard to get there like U2), even collecting all the treasures would be fine as long as the treasure system works)

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 27 (191 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13261 posts

Jun 8, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

scoobycool wrote:

I just started playing UC3 again after being gone for a few months. When I checked my position on the leaderboards for money, there are about 10 other accounts with a name similar to scoobydoo above and below me. I don't think it's a coincidence, hackers probably did it. It says we all have $0 as well. Also, The player in the number one spot for Kills is named something like F*** Hackers. He or she has over 2 million kills and 0 deaths.

Naughty Dog, if you didn't already know, now you do (If you have seen this post)

P.S., it wasn't me.

i assume they've been looking into it and are working on a fix for the next uncharted, but i say they should just include a friends leaderboard; and not a global one ... it's done more harm than good in U3 ... i doubt anyone outside the top thousand or so really gives two **bleep** about it anyways

Not that I want leaderboards... But the solution is a weekly leaderboard only. You'd be pretty dumb to cheat a weekly leaderboard every week for eternity.

Well, people cheated weekly "tournaments".

No leaderboards (local or global) and no stat cards. I'd even go as far to say no MP trophies as well, or at least stupid DLC ones (retail UC2/UC3 trophies are fine).

They do? lol.. Man thats pretty sad to even waste time every week. Thats how much I care about leaderboards on this game, I didn't even know anything happened to the tournament mode. I don't even know what they give away in that mode either. I ain't wasting my time buying tickets. I know theres a Djinn skin. That is all I do know, and no. I'm not going to unparty myself and ignore my friends to get a skin.

As far as I'm concerned all the things you listed can go. I don't care for the leaderboards. I don't care for the stat cards. No one wants online trophies. Well.. some people do but they are stupid and don't know what they are getting themselves into. "See protectorate trophy and treasure trophies, also see twelve weeks of hell from TLOU, majorly forcing you to play the online a lot"

It would be better to find a solution to the leaderboard problem though rather than strip it from those who do want it. Even if the game is actually better without it.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 27 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3468 posts

Jun 8, 2014

How about we don't have any kind of statistical information, therefore we don't have to play with pricks, and neither does Naughty Dog need to waste their free time on those who play the game incorrectly?

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 27 (157 Views)