Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 13 2013
By: nationm04 I Only Post Everything 1093 posts

The Long Ranger Medal

35 replies 1744 views Edited Jun 13, 2013
So I have leveled up all the boosters I want gold except for Scoped In.

Recently, I decided to level this one up. I've been having trouble though. There have been several matches where I strongly believe I have gotten 3 or more kills from 50m or more, but I haven't been receiving these medals lately.

Lets assume my depth perception is off and I'm not very good anyway (fair assumption). What recommendations do people have?

I tried searching and the stuff I found seemed a little outdated. Mostly just tips on how to create 70m in between you and the opponent. I understand now the distance is only 50m.

Also, I'm not great with the dragon. But I'm trying to get better with it.

My loadout is: Dragon, whatever pistol, scoped in, monkey man and sniper as my kb of course. I'm considering using a version of the GMAL instead. I'm not sure tho.

Anyone have advice? Anyone else find their TLR medals not seeming to register?

This is the only booster that's stumped me a bit. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 36 (1,744 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Re: The Long Ranger Medal

Jun 13, 2013
you welcome buddy :smileywink:

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 36 (1,573 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5843 posts

Jun 13, 2013

Personally I found it best to level this in 3TDM with a friend well aware of what you're doing and helping you.

I did Sully's setup with bargain to get T-bolt faster. Since his 3rd booster is for my buddy, everytime my friend died, I was able to see whoever killed him, he also used callout to mark enemies for me and as well guarded my sniper spot.

As for spots, most maps are doable, but I would avoid even trying it in smaller maps like chateau and Desert Village. Just make sure you are a fair distance from enemies. Museum is arguably the best map for it.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 36 (1,442 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Jun 13, 2013

My class that I used was:

Long gun: Sully's dragon

Pistol: Your choice

Booster 1: Scoped in of course

Booster 2: Ammo award

KB: Sniper

The main thing I would try and do is just lurk around the parts of the map that not many players go to, try and choose long range maps like Muesum or Highrise and if you have a chance always go for the headshot.

Also you only need to earn 3 long range kills per match, so try and take it easy and you should have it soon.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 36 (1,084 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4344 posts

Jun 13, 2013

Play Lab map 6 and just focus on sniping from one side to the other. You'll be able to get plenty of Long Rangers. It's kinda tedious but also kinda fun because you learn the Dragon way better. How to stay in cover or hit someone else coming out of cover. How to corner shoot with the Dragon (take cover on the wall a little ways away from the edge and then press L1). You'll also start to get a feel for the Dragon's recoil and aim assist (Scoped In makes this easier).

I think the best way is to use a Dragon with reload speed, quickily aim at a target (if they're moving and that's almost always), swing the reticule quickliy towards thge target, and try to time it right. If you don't hit the target with one of the first two shots then release L1 real quick, re-scope the gun, and start the process all over again while reloading when you're clip runs out. This is why Reload Speed is a must for the Sniper. Clip Size is pretty good, too. The aim assist occassionally get sticky and you'll get more markers when it does.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 36 (637 Views)
Sackboy
370 posts

Jun 13, 2013

1) Favorite maps for getting TLR: Fort, Train Wreck because you can see end to end from opening spawns.

2) Some maps I wouldn't bother trying to get TLR on like Temple or Chateau although it is possible.

3) If you're having trouble with the Dragon Sniper, remember you need to give it a fraction of a second to settle back before firing again, otherwise the aim will be off.

4) If you haven't watched it already, I show some Long Ranger distances in my TLR video:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 36 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1978 posts

Jun 13, 2013

If you're finding Long Rangers difficult, you could always try Syria. However, there's always the risk of getting spawntrapped, with the terrible spawns on that map.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 36 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
391 posts

Jun 13, 2013
I've just levelled scoped in to gold, it only took a couple of days and I properly STINK with a sniper rifle, like never below said take advantage of lab map six while its available, if you have a sniper load out on this map you can't really fail to get long rangers. You don't need that many medals to go from bronze to gold (I think it's 32) and I get one or two almost every match, a couple of times I even got three and I really can't emphasise how bad I am with the DS.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 36 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Jun 13, 2013

try camping at the raised walkway on London Underground and aim at the turret/right hand corridor

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 36 (423 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

Jun 13, 2013
Thanks guys, a lot of good advice. I played TDM last night and went 15-2 in Museum and about the same in Syria. All with sniper kills. Somehow neither match yielded me TLR. I'm going to try the Lab. Every time I've tried, I've ended up playing dodgeball though.

And Crit, I have watched your video. It's really helpful and what I used to determine what 50m is. Which is why there have been times where I swore I got enough kills from such a distance to deliver TLR. Oh well I'll try some more soon.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 36 (410 Views)
0 Likes