Feb 07 2013
By: AliMakaveli Treasure Hunter 3701 posts

The NOSTALGIA Thread

39 replies 546 views Edited Feb 7, 2013

This thread is for you to share your nostalgic moments on Uncharted 3 Multiplayer.

Moments you will never forget

Moments so good that you know they may never happen again :smileysad:

Moments you only have once in a (gaming) lifetime

....and many many more..

Pre Uncharted 3

My earliest nostalgic memories of this game have to be the BETA.

I played some epic games with my real life friends as well as some awesome randoms. 

I actually found and joined this forum thanks to the BETA. I was Googling news on how long the BETA would last etc etc and was diverted here. Back then the ND employers used to honour us with their presence and it was great to be part of a great online community.

I met some wonderful people here earlier on, people like Spiderling (who doesn't visit here anymore :smileysad:). We would yearn the day we bought Uncharted 3 and just guesstimate how great the game would be.

All forumers at that point would share their thoughts on how the game will own all other games etc. AAAHH so much memories and excited vibes.

Early - Mid Uncharted 3 Days

When the game was released, everyone hit the multiplayer in their droves. At first it seemed ok, but most were missing and the BETA days and the complaints were on the horizon.

The early days were good. There was promise of many DLC's to look forward to and laying with my friends and new friends we're good too. 

I also met a lot of Co-op and CMP players here on the forums and started playing a few games with them. One was Jsemeniuk who was a wonderful guy and a great co-op buddy. We played and owned all Co-op maps and were the FIRST people ever to complete and upload the Monsatery and Fort Crushing modes with 0 deaths. Sadly, he doesn't come online anymore, so those days are long gone :smileysad:

I also met some other great co-op players like Alluboy who I have had some epic and memorable Co-op games with in my later Co-op days. We've had some great laughs and great games and always raged and celebrated each game together. He has been a very great buddy to play with and how much I miss those epic days! *sigh*

I have had some great "tutorial" games with my cousin JD who would show me every bugs and glitches in the game, and it was very mesmerizing to see such epic glitches that I have never encountered and also visit some "uncharted" territories. He would also show me really great techniques and "cheats". How I miss those days.

Even though I am not much of a CMP player, I still enjoyed some brilliant CMP games such as TDM, 3TDM, Plunder, TO and The Lab games with amazing players as well as great people such as:

RevisIsland

Wais

GoldHawk

Shrantellatessa

IEATLITTLEKITTENS

GoldenArthur

Gunsadnsandwiches

Da_Almighty_Guy

and many more (forgotten your names sorry lol)

These^ guys we're SO great to play with, and AMAZING people to play with.

We would rage and joke around when the game screwed us with its glitches and such in the chatroom.

We would kick backsides on near enough every game we played, and sometimes when our party had more than 5 players, we would play each other lol (BPA+ vs the Rest Of The World)

Those days have long gone and not coming back for me :smileysad:

Those are my NOSTALGIC moments on this game.

Feel free to share yours too :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 40 (546 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

Re: The NOSTALGIA Thread

Feb 7, 2013

I'll never forget you, HC mode. I don't care if you got replaced by two "popular" modes, you're my #1.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 40 (532 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7287 posts

Feb 7, 2013
The times when the Kal-7 took skill to use...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 40 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1430 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I'll never forget you, HC mode. I don't care if you got replaced by two "popular" modes, you're my #1.

I never forget the summer beta HC mode, where they where much less power weapons and separate leg hitboxes, making it even more hardcore.. (and almost no lag) :smileysad:

--------ND/SCEE: UNCENSOR TLOU EU MP ALREADY!--------
----Greetings from Sony Censortainment Network Europe----
------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 40 (518 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 7, 2013

I miss the Summer beta. Everyone had 4-5 bars! I never heard Spanish/Portuguese profanities, I never got killed behind walls, blindfire deaths were rare, the G-MAL was a beast with Heavy Bullets etc.

Those were the days!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 40 (507 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Feb 7, 2013
First: my nostalgia are always the beta, thinking particullary of the beta of uc2. Im one of those rare who played it, the first uncharted online if all times

Second, its particulary the game of uc2 itself, when there was super extra holidays, such as:

- Flynn Christmas vs Nate christmas (first chrismas if uncharted)
-Best lab ever: Grenade only
-etc

But now, its dead. There is no much fun now, with your friends, your best buddies, gone for ever :'(

Now, uc3 was coming on. Like i post a tread on that, the beta of uc3 was great old times. I miss the feeling that everybody was new there..

and more important, you were playing with many of your same region. For me, 90% of the time, i was meeting same peoe of my state. That was fun

Now, exept the beta, i have not really nostalgia.. i am doing speedrun with SNAKE and kit.

Once it'll be over, im pretty sure nostalgia will hit me again

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 40 (506 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1853 posts

Feb 7, 2013
The summer beta Elena that appeared in the loading screen for Co-op adventure... She looked even nicer than the single player Elena. ._.

Now she looks like she's been shot in the face by Homer Simpson's makeup gun.
Pepsi
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 40 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Feb 7, 2013

that first High 5 online with a random. You have forever changed me, Wandering Random...

Cutter
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 40 (471 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Feb 7, 2013
namashi@: xD

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 40 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Good thread.

I would have to say nostalgia is the only thing that keeps me around.
I had many fun moments with this game and it's predessor but
nostalgia is running thin.

I would like to say that I will always remember the fun times with
my U2 and U3 friends.
Thanks for the good times to, in no special order

Ralphsbentwookie
Bayontop09
Scorpionaj
Winker1
Professionalhit
Dubblepenno
Tiggeriffic
Norskilad
Imatty
Warriorofdoom
Golfnut1414
Autumrevolver
M4michelle
Charolette9311
Sharantellatessa
Evildead
Scott7000
Jackbauerclone
llb2008
boo81
Laz6
elcomandante56
qwestatious
wickerjay
woodycat32
Hatntrix
bluepuppytears
Norsered
Akonton

Thankfully many of these players have joined me on BF3 so let the good times keep coming.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 40 (448 Views)
0 Likes