Gaming Beast
1879 posts

Re: The NOSTALGIA Thread

Feb 8, 2013
I remember my close friends telling me to download the Uncharted 3 beta. At the time I was really into Fifa and was skeptical. I still remember my first match I didn't now the controls and had no clue where to go I finished the match 1-13 my only kill was a stealth kill.
I bought Uncharted 2 afterward and played it with a close group if 4 friends all of whom I know in real life. Then I bought Uncharted 3 after playing the subway beta. My close friends played until January until moving on. I came on the forums to find someone to get Doughnut Drake with. I ended up adding autobots14 who doesn't play this game now. Through him I met many people and through connections made many new friends.
I never really added many forumers despite coming here quite often.

Some good friends I met in Uncharted are:

Skoutx
Underscore_Scrub
Munnsy
DarthDanMan
Celtics_2012
MustacheMagic3
Dpurple
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 40 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1391 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Never thought there would be a day when a thread on a video game forum would nearly move me to tears.

Also, never has a video game housed so many great memories as this one has.

I suppose one of the biggest memories I have of U3 is the beta. All those months of eagerly awaiting any chance of playing Drake's Deception finally paid off when that beta was released. It was great.

Joining these forums for the first time was awesome. I remember my first post ever was me asking peoples' opinions on whether or not the collector's edition was worth the purchase.

Then, picking up my copy at Gamestop during the midnight release on Halloween night is a great memory. Just a lonely guy  standing outside in the cold with a big **bleep** Collector's Edition of Uncharted 3, knowing that the game I had been waiting nearly a year for was in my hands.

And as I played the game, visited the forums, and just derped along the road of life, I made so, so many amazing friends. 95% of my friends on PS3 stems from the Uncharted franchise. :smileyvery-happy:

So, thank you to everyone that has played online with me, thank you to all the awesome people I've met, and thank you to the people that I will meet in the future :smileyhappy:

Great thread, Ali!

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 40 (204 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4478 posts

Feb 8, 2013

IzunaShisui wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Good thread.

I would have to say nostalgia is the only thing that keeps me around.
I had many fun moments with this game and it's predessor but
nostalgia is running thin.

I would like to say that I will always remember the fun times with
my U2 and U3 friends.
Thanks for the good times to, in no special order

Ralphsbentwookie
Bayontop09
Scorpionaj
Winker1
Professionalhit
Dubblepenno
Tiggeriffic
Norskilad
Imatty
Warriorofdoom
Golfnut1414
Autumrevolver
M4michelle
Charolette9311
Sharantellatessa
Evildead
Scott7000
Jackbauerclone
llb2008
boo81
Laz6
elcomandante56
qwestatious
wickerjay
woodycat32
Hatntrix
bluepuppytears
Norsered
Akonton

Thankfully many of these players have joined me on BF3 so let the good times keep coming.

I would like to say that I played with more than half of the list of people you mentioned, thanks to our mutual friend Bayontop09, I really loved playing in his party in Uncharted 2 and in Uncharted 3, and that was one of the reasons which kept me playing the multiplayer...

There are others of course, like jackiestunt, zeromes, jozza177, deathlyhardy, lucasrulez123, duke, maxideluxe and a bunch of other forumers I have added over the years. 

I played with some of the best players out there, (bay with his no sa policy xD), and lots of others who don't use cheap tactics.. 

Over 100 000 kills in the Uncharted universe and counting, all thanks to my lovely teammates over the past years.

Now I must go as I see some of my friends are playing Uncharted 3 :smileyvery-happy:.. just putting these names out here make memories rejoice in my head, luv it. 

Honorable mentions go to Hielke and Matthijs, mes amigos muchachos Dutch.

Oh and I musn't forget SpyderNynja, as I have to thank him of the essential contribution to the annoyance over the past few months, also part of my Nostalgia. <3 

All the hate and sarcasm I place on these forums, they are created out of love for Naughty Dog and their Uncharted games.

Thank you.

being in a lobby with bayontop09 was always fun

JayJay 2515 signature
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 40 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9824 posts

Feb 8, 2013
Huh. 99% of my friends come from uc3. The handful that aren't are from my RDR week (maybe around 3 or something) and my cousin with a PS3.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 40 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4478 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Incase anybody I know actually sees this I'll say that:

Boo_Boo_Bat 

IMwachingU

XHD_EMIN3M

RalphsBentWookie/Bazinga_Masuka (exposed)

NorseRed

Warrior_of_Doom

bayontop09

scorpionaj

Yancey

Stikyfingas

azkadelia :heart:

Insidious1

starfish612

kliebisch45

are some of the players I am glad I've played with

JayJay 2515 signature
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 40 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2585 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Thanks to -

shadowlibraboy

FredFai

JD--

SweetPoison13

and everyone else I may have played with or against in randoms. I think I ran into the Death_Machinist party once, Fakehound and PeteX19 a couple of times, all three B2K guys, a fake Scoobycool, etc. You people know or may not know who you are!

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 40 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2836 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Uncharted 3 had no memorable moments for me :/

Uncharted 2 though had:

the beta of that game was so awesome: I was fascinated by pull downs, so I was playing in the ice cave and was hanging on a legde near a cover, an opponent walked to me but instead of trying to jump over me, he gets into cover, but I couldn't pull him down, he was looking behind him, so I aimed from the ledge and shot him once in the leg, he looked at my side wondering who shot him, after that he started investigating and got out of cover and I pull him down, that was so epic :smileyhappy:

in the first months of uncharted 2 I played elimination a lot, I loved it if I was the only one on my team left and had to defeat 5 opponents, of course most of the time I failed but it was so cool if you succeeded, of course that didn't happen again after 1.05 patch because the annoying low health was such an awful decision from naughty dog, I couldn't play elimination like that anymore, you died way to quick...

one of my great memories was chain reaction, anyone of you played uncharted 2 probably remembers these words: NO KILL, NO KILL, those were the words screamed by all non-english speaking players who wanted to boost xp in chain reaction by camping in the zones. of course I screamed back: NO KILL, NO KILL, and after camping for a minute or so to gain their trust I walked to a BBQ and collected a RPG or Hammer, then took 3 guys out with the BBQ and the remaining 2 with the hammer, five not alive, and then waited for the hatemail to come in, that should learn those boosters a lesson xD

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 40 (151 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1082 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

I remember day 1 of the summer beta for UC3. Good times.

Here are some of my nostalgic videos. Thought I might share them again.

Edit: Added TWO more videos.

Valentine's Day

Talbot's Surprising Discovery

Epic Tripled

Six Not Alive

Smoke Bomb SUPER FAIL!

Katherine Marlowe Fails the Beam

Ultimate Melee Showdown

Epic Nade Throwback

Drake and Elena Share Love

So many good memories <3

---------------
I am real super sand legend!
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 40 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Feb 14, 2013

IEATLILKITTENS wrote:

Never thought there would be a day when a thread on a video game forum would nearly move me to tears.

Also, never has a video game housed so many great memories as this one has.

I suppose one of the biggest memories I have of U3 is the beta. All those months of eagerly awaiting any chance of playing Drake's Deception finally paid off when that beta was released. It was great.

Joining these forums for the first time was awesome. I remember my first post ever was me asking peoples' opinions on whether or not the collector's edition was worth the purchase.

Then, picking up my copy at Gamestop during the midnight release on Halloween night is a great memory. Just a lonely guy  standing outside in the cold with a big **bleep** Collector's Edition of Uncharted 3, knowing that the game I had been waiting nearly a year for was in my hands.

And as I played the game, visited the forums, and just derped along the road of life, I made so, so many amazing friends. 95% of my friends on PS3 stems from the Uncharted franchise. :smileyvery-happy:

So, thank you to everyone that has played online with me, thank you to all the awesome people I've met, and thank you to the people that I will meet in the future :smileyhappy:

Great thread, Ali!

If a game like uncharted 3 brings you to tears... dont play heavy rain you'll drown in your own tears...

Oops Right? - Tess : The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 40 (85 Views)
Survivor
2201 posts

Feb 14, 2013
You're comparing the wrong things. Tears of missing the good old times with friends are something else than a games single player story.

Heavy rain doesn't have this, it only has SP and will stay the same forever.

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 40 (79 Views)
0 Likes