Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 30 2013
By: K3VIN_BI3B3R_651 First Son 23 posts

The New UC3 Patch 1.18 (Problems)

[ Edited ]
17 replies 701 views Edited Oct 30, 2013

Ok. I hope Naughty Dog will get the chance to see this, especially the ones who manage Multiplayer. Patch 1.18 was an ok patch, with a good new map, ROF nerfed, FAL given less recoil, etc. But for the FraggedNation community, this has changed some stuff with the rules. For you randoms out there, this is a competitive place where players of Uncharted take this game to a different level other than Public Games. Our rules for the Uncharted Competitive have been the same for a fair amount of months. We have kept all same maps and no changes for a while, with some attempts to bring back some stuff like Blindfire accuracy. Recent activity has been to ban some maps. But, as a result of this patch the Fraggednation community has to finish the season earlier which came out by surprised. I talked to Stf about this and he says that the admins will have to talk about some stuff. The problem for us in this patch is mainly the booster moving. In Fraggednation, teamkilling intentionally is an automatic penalty. It doesnt occur a lot but when it does, people try and make it an excuse that the teamkill was intentional and not an accident. People mostly use Fleet Foot/Cloaked/Scoped-In/Beast Mode with Teamsafe. This becomes a major problem now because we can't use those loadouts unless we had it kept like that before the patch occurred. Well, I don't think people are gonna use Teamsafe as their first booster then Monkeyman as their second. Very messed up and with the people who don't choose to use Teamsafe will make it Teamkilling central in OBJ and Plunder game modes. This will create many new problems. Other slight problems are Sprint and hipfire/autolock. Sprint is used a lot in this game, and is new because it was not used in Uncharted 2. Sprint being reduced a little will make it Uncharted 2 Flashback mode because many will people will be bunny hopping their butts off. The hipfire and autolock situations will ruin the part where you can blindfire to break a hill or try to save your life. It is hard to do it with a weaker autolock and a larger bullet spread. Well NaughtyDog, I hope you make changes to these problems, for the Fraggednation community and other people as well. Good job with DryDocks, and Happy 2 year Anniversary!

-CodeZero

Message 1 of 18 (701 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7119 posts

Re: The New UC3 Patch 1.18 (Problems)

Oct 30, 2013

K3VIN_BI3B3R_651 wrote:

Ok. I hope Naughty Dog will get the chance to see this, especially the ones who manage Multiplayer. Patch 1.18 was an ok patch, with a good new map, ROF nerfed, FAL given less recoil, etc. But for the FraggedNation community, this has changed some stuff with the rules. For you randoms out there, this is a competitive place where players of Uncharted take this game to a different level other than Public Games. Our rules for the Uncharted Competitive have been the same for a fair amount of months. We have kept all same maps and no changes for a while, with some attempts to bring back some stuff like Blindfire accuracy. Recent activity has been to ban some maps. But, as a result of this patch the Fraggednation communtiy has to finish the season earlier which came out by surprised. I talked to Stf about this and he says that the admins will have to talk about some stuff. The problem for us in this patch is mainly the booster moving. In Fraggednation, teamkilling intentionally is an automatic penalty. It doesnt occur a lot but when it does, people try and make it an excuse that the teamkill was intentional and not an accident. People mostly use Fleet Foot/Cloaked/Scoped-In/Beast Mode with Teamsafe. This becomes a major problem now because we cant use thos loadouts unless we had it kept like that before the patch occured. Well, I dont think people are gonna use Teamsafe as their first booster then Monkeyman as their second. Very messed up and with the people who dont choose to use Teamsafe will make it Teamkilling central in OBJ and Plunder game modes. This will create many new problems. Other slight problems are Sprint and hipfire/autolock. Sprint is used a lot in this game, and is new because it was not used in Uncharted 2. Sprint being reduced a little will make it Uncharted 2 Flashback mode because many will people will be bunny hopping their butts off. The hipfire and autolock situations will ruin the part where you can blindfire to break a hill or try to save your life. It is hard to do it with a weaker autolock and a larger bullet spread. Well NaughtyDog, I hope you make changes to these problems, for the Fraggednation communtity and other people as well. Good job with DryDocks, and Happy 2 year Anniversary!

-CodeZero

Thats exactly my loadout......you were saying???

Sleep Matt signature
Message 2 of 18 (697 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1247 posts

Oct 31, 2013

K3VIN_BI3B3R_651 wrote:

But for the FraggedNation community, this has changed some stuff with the rules. For you randoms out there, this is a competitive place where players of Uncharted take this game to a different level other than Public Games. Our rules for the Uncharted Competitive have been the same for a fair amount of months. We have kept all same maps and no changes for a while, with some attempts to bring back some stuff like Blindfire accuracy. Recent activity has been to ban some maps. But, as a result of this patch the Fraggednation community has to finish the season earlier which came out by surprised. I talked to Stf about this and he says that the admins will have to talk about some stuff. The problem for us in this patch is mainly the booster moving. In Fraggednation, teamkilling intentionally is an automatic penalty. It doesn't occur a lot but when it does, people try and make it an excuse that the teamkill was intentional and not an accident. People mostly use Fleet Foot/Cloaked/Scoped-In/Beast Mode with Teamsafe. This becomes a major problem now because we can't use those loadouts unless we had it kept like that before the patch occurred. Well, I don't think people are gonna use Teamsafe as their first booster then Monkeyman as their second. Very messed up and with the people who don't choose to use Teamsafe will make it Teamkilling central in OBJ and Plunder game modes. This will create many new problems. 

I'm sorry, but why is it Naughty Dog's fault that your independent competitive system will suffer? "FraggedNation" has nothing to do with Uncharted 3. They'll have to adapt, not the game itself.

K3VIN_BI3B3R_651 wrote:

Sprint being reduced a little will make it Uncharted 2 Flashback mode because many will people will be bunny hopping their butts off.

Sprint wasn't "reduced" in speed. All Naughty Dog did was made it harder to turn when sprinting, which is an effective nerf to blindfire. If you are using sprint like a normal person (to get across the map faster) then you shouldn't notice a change.

K3VIN_BI3B3R_651 wrote:

The hipfire and autolock situations will ruin the part where you can blindfire to break a hill or try to save your life. It is hard to do it with a weaker autolock and a larger bullet spread.

I guess that's something you'll have to deal with. Maybe crashing a hill with blindfire was effective, but you can aim your gun and do just as well. It's not like they removed blindfire either, you just will use it whenever necessary.

Message 3 of 18 (625 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4825 posts

Oct 31, 2013
Sorry but I'm not reading that.

Please use paragraphs.
Message 4 of 18 (620 Views)
First Son
23 posts

Oct 31, 2013

Yeah but this stuff affects everything else. That is Fraggednation problems. Lets talk about maps. Hmm... Oh ya, London Underground! Why is there a big gate in front of the tunnel? That weird, right? Another thing, ROF changed 2 years later?

Message 5 of 18 (606 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4825 posts

Oct 31, 2013
The gate is there to prevent people camping at that spot. It was a huge focal point of the map and was ruining the flow of the map.
Message 6 of 18 (600 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3641 posts

Oct 31, 2013
None of your complaints matter. Good players will still be good players. Everyone got the same patch. No one will have an advantage over another. Sorry about your season ending early. I'm sure you'll start another one very soon.

I think the "pros" will adapt to the patch just fine. And the FN rules will get tweaked accordingly I would guess. Stop crying.

Sincerely yours,
"random" player
Message 7 of 18 (600 Views)
Fender Bender
4171 posts

Oct 31, 2013

fd

That photo plus your name on FN (ByeBlindfire) explains everything. Stay mad that you can't win via blindfire anymore.

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign
Message 8 of 18 (577 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Oct 31, 2013

Well, if anything, this patch should make the game more balanced and less blindfire dependant which is, from an objective standpoint, actually a very good thing. I agree that it was nice to have e.g. cloaked or beast mode paired with team safe, but new booster distribution means new strategies are going to have to be developed and adopted.

I don't see teamkilling as a much of a problem in any other mode than TDM where you could theoretically intentionally kill your teammates to prevent the other team from doing so, but this is a very far fetched theory and I doubt that any competitive team considers that a viable tactic. Besides, FN has cheat-preventing mechanisms (e.g. contacting admins, filing tickets etc.) and any infractions of this kind would be very easy to prove. It's hard to see teamkilling as an advantage in any other competitive mode as it is actually a great hinderance to have a man down in TO as well as in plunder. Sprint speed wasn't really changed much if at all, the only thing that changed is maneuverability while sprinting which is good because now it's harder for blindfiring zig-zaggers to zoom around doing their thing. As for bunny-hopping, good luck with that in this game, you really think it wouldn't have been much more used already if it was so effective? Breaking a hill with blindfire shouldn't have ever worked in the first place, and now teams will actually have to employ a more tactical approach to that as well as to other aspects of the game.

All I'm trying to say is that the vast majority of changes is good and welcomed (demanded even) by the community, competitive and casual alike. Some of them will request new strategies to be applied, that's for sure, but for you competitive players out there, who, as you said, 'take this game to a different level', adapting to them shouldn't be so hard now, should it? :smileywink:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 9 of 18 (573 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Oct 31, 2013

HIhi2442 wrote:

fd

That photo plus your name on FN (ByeBlindfire) explains everything. Stay mad that you can't win via blindfire anymore.

I dont blindfire that much. It's just my point that this game has some screwed stuff. Everybody probebly hates at least one thing about this game. Just because my FN name is ByeBlindfire dont mean i do it all the time. Just saying what this patch does. My friend made his ByeTeamSafe which is also true for some

Message 10 of 18 (566 Views)
0 Likes