Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 04/17/2012
Offline
423 posts
 

Re: The Official AK-47 Discussion Thread

Apr 7, 2013

Whenever I use The AK, I always use Weapon Expert. At a competitive level, FF get nullified very quickly by stopping power. For my second booster, i stick to Monkey Man, the increase in climbing speed is amazing. I use a combo of Acc/Clip Size for the AK. For my pistol I use the Arm Micro with Blindfire Acc/Clip Size, or if I'm feeling extra nooby, Blindfire Acc/ROF. Never use the AK for blindfiring, it sucks. Its poor BA is one of the reasons the M9 is usually chosen over it. Stick to mid-range and you should be fine. The AK's stopping power makes up for its sometimes unpredictable reticle.  This will stop a FFer in his tracks, and slows down fleeing enemies. Whenever you get up close, pull out your Arm Micro and steelfist them. This is how I normally play when I use the AK, and it seems to work out very well. 

Message 31 of 42 (177 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/25/2012
Offline
541 posts
 

Re: The Official AK-47 Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

III-Paradigm-III wrote:

Whenever I use The AK, I always use Weapon Expert. At a competitive level, FF get nullified very quickly by stopping power. For my second booster, i stick to Monkey Man, the increase in climbing speed is amazing. I use a combo of Acc/Clip Size for the AK. For my pistol I use the Arm Micro with Blindfire Acc/Clip Size, or if I'm feeling extra nooby, Blindfire Acc/ROF. Never use the AK for blindfiring, it sucks. Its poor BA is one of the reasons the M9 is usually chosen over it. Stick to mid-range and you should be fine. The AK's stopping power makes up for its sometimes unpredictable reticle.  This will stop a FFer in his tracks, and slows down fleeing enemies. Whenever you get up close, pull out your Arm Micro and steelfist them. This is how I normally play when I use the AK, and it seems to work out very well. 


Hey, your loadout is almost identical to mine! :smileyvery-happy: The AK with Accuracy/Clip Size AK is my main gun for most modes. I used to use an Arm Micro with it, too, but I started using the Raffica recently. Aside from that, the only difference between our loadouts would be the slot 2 booster: I always use Bargain Gold as my slot 2 booster (sometimes I stack it with the paid booster for that extra tryhard goodness :smileyvery-happy: )

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 32 of 42 (170 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/07/2012
Offline
802 posts
 

Re: The Official AK-47 Discussion Thread

Apr 7, 2013
I used the Ak for a brief period but it just doesn't hold a candle to the M9 and G-MAL. It is pretty darn good with accuracy but I hate the long reloading time (I don't like using WE, I need ma Fleet Foot lol) so I just stick with the Jade M9.
Message 33 of 42 (152 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Offline
6008 posts
 

Re: The Official AK-47 Discussion Thread

Apr 7, 2013

kratos_snake__ wrote:
I used the Ak for a brief period but it just doesn't hold a candle to the M9 and G-MAL. It is pretty darn good with accuracy but I hate the long reloading time (I don't like using WE, I need ma Fleet Foot lol) so I just stick with the Jade M9.

I don't get it? Every single long gun has exactly the same reload time so what's the problem with the AK's exactly?

 photo Sniper.png
Message 34 of 42 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/25/2012
Offline
541 posts
 

Re: The Official AK-47 Discussion Thread

Apr 7, 2013

I wouldn't say it "doesn't hold a candle" to those guns. It's much more capable than the G-MAL at close range, and the M9 is only superior in rate of fire. Plus, the AK's firing sound is the manliest out of all the guns :smileyvery-happy: AK 4LYFE

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 35 of 42 (123 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/15/2012
Offline
391 posts
 

Re: The Official AK-47 Discussion Thread

Apr 7, 2013
@sanddude is it fact or opinion that all guns have equal reloading time, it always seemed to me that the ak had a longer loading time than the m9, and when I use drakes ak the reloading seems lightning, possibly quicker than the m9 with reload mod, I've no evidence to back this up it just feels that way to me.
Message 36 of 42 (118 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10109 posts
 

Re: The Official AK-47 Discussion Thread

Apr 7, 2013
@kratos M9 obviously feels better because the M9 (and all its variants) are ridiculously OP.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 37 of 42 (112 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/15/2012
Offline
391 posts
 

Re: The Official AK-47 Discussion Thread

Apr 7, 2013
@TSD I once would have agreed with you about the op M9, but I recently legacied after months of staying at legacy 3, at first I missed my m9 ( I'd been using Chloe's m9 since 1.13 ) but I thought I'd try a couple of the character ak's until I re unlocked Chloe's m9, but I've got used to drakes am now and don't really want too change back, the m9 feels strange after using the ak and I don't really feel at any disadvantage. The m9 BLINDFIRE probably is better but I don't do much of that anyway, I feel like I can get longer range kills with the ak.
Message 38 of 42 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Offline
6008 posts
 

Re: The Official AK-47 Discussion Thread

Apr 7, 2013

Beelzebean wrote:
@sanddude is it fact or opinion that all guns have equal reloading time, it always seemed to me that the ak had a longer loading time than the m9, and when I use drakes ak the reloading seems lightning, possibly quicker than the m9 with reload mod, I've no evidence to back this up it just feels that way to me.

I switch between the majority of the guns quite a bit, and the time literally feels exactly the same across the board, both w/ and w/o reload speed. Same with the pistols except the tau, that reloads about as fast as the mag I think.

 photo Sniper.png
Message 39 of 42 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/25/2012
Offline
541 posts
 

Re: The Official AK-47 Discussion Thread

Apr 7, 2013

@Beelzebean
Welcome to the awesome brotherhood of AK users! :smileyvery-happy:

 

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 40 of 42 (99 Views)
Reply
0 Likes