Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/08/2010
Offline
3872 posts
 

Re: The Official FAL-SS Discussion Thread

Apr 2, 2013

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

When you mention the accuracy mod reduces time to kill it's the other way around. Fewer headshots = higher time to kill.


Changed, thanks.

Message 71 of 120 (231 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/08/2010
Offline
3872 posts
 

Re: The Official FAL-SS Discussion Thread

Apr 2, 2013

Also updated OP, with Talbolt's loadout and I changed some grammar mistakes.

Message 72 of 120 (228 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5983 posts
 

Re: The Official FAL-SS Discussion Thread

Apr 2, 2013

Talbot's micro is the bees knees yo! I used that micro so much (til I unlocked Sully's lol) and it really does counter the negatives of his Fal very nicely, down with paras :smileytongue:

 

Also like to note that his 3rd booster may be even more valuable in objective modes than before since since the medal update, it is near impossible to get more than like 1-2 kickbacks per game depending on which you use, with a good stealth buddy, you can still get those kickbacks.

 photo Sniper.png
Message 73 of 120 (214 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/08/2010
Offline
3872 posts
 

Re: The Official FAL-SS Discussion Thread

Apr 2, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Talbot's micro is the bees knees yo! I used that micro so much (til I unlocked Sully's lol) and it really does counter the negatives of his Fal very nicely, down with paras :smileytongue: What negatives do you mean/are reffering to?

 

Also like to note that his 3rd booster may be even more valuable in objective modes than before since since the medal update, it is near impossible to get more than like 1-2 kickbacks per game depending on which you use, with a good stealth buddy, you can still get those kickbacks. But the opposite could be argued that less Stealth Kills come in those modes, well Team Objective atleast.


 

Message 74 of 120 (184 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/17/2009
Offline
690 posts
 

Re: The Official FAL-SS Discussion Thread

Apr 2, 2013
FAL-SS is a really fun gun. I enjoy using nearly every long gun, but it's still my favorite. Shame there aren't more spawns for it in Classic though.

Learn the time it takes for the gun to recenter from a shot when aimed. Once you got that down, you can fire at a pace where your aim always recenters, ensuring you get the best accuracy you can. This is essential for mid-long distance shooting, whereas you can nearly spam R1 at close range.
Message 75 of 120 (176 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/08/2010
Offline
3872 posts
 

Re: The Official FAL-SS Discussion Thread

Apr 2, 2013

Lazyboy256 wrote:
FAL-SS is a really fun gun. I enjoy using nearly every long gun, but it's still my favorite. Shame there aren't more spawns for it in Classic though.

Learn the time it takes for the gun to recenter from a shot when aimed. Once you got that down, you can fire at a pace where your aim always recenters, ensuring you get the best accuracy you can. This is essential for mid-long distance shooting, whereas you can nearly spam R1 at close range.

You can't wait for it to return to center in a gun fight, any competent player would of killed you if you did that.

Message 76 of 120 (174 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 07/17/2009
Offline
690 posts
 

Re: The Official FAL-SS Discussion Thread

Apr 2, 2013
That depends. The re-center rate is quite fast, but will still lose to a G-MAL or Dragon at mid-long range in general. Indeed, you'll want the jump/first shot at that distance for the greatest advantage.
Cover can also act as a good buffer while you let your aim re-center by strafing in and out as you shoot. And any competent player tries to have cover/escape readily available...or so I hope lol
Message 77 of 120 (170 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 04/30/2012
Offline
559 posts
 

Re: The Official FAL-SS Discussion Thread

Apr 2, 2013
I always rush and shoot at any distance with the fal and can tell u gmal users and dragon snipers are easy to pick of at mid to long range even without the help of cover. Its an awesome offensive weapon and extremely precise.
Message 78 of 120 (166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/08/2010
Offline
3872 posts
 

Re: The Official FAL-SS Discussion Thread

Apr 3, 2013
@Silver I can assure you that is not the case, I can show you in a custom if you like.
Message 79 of 120 (160 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5983 posts
 

Re: The Official FAL-SS Discussion Thread

Apr 3, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Talbot's micro is the bees knees yo! I used that micro so much (til I unlocked Sully's lol) and it really does counter the negatives of his Fal very nicely, down with paras :smileytongue: What negatives do you mean/are reffering to?

 

Also like to note that his 3rd booster may be even more valuable in objective modes than before since since the medal update, it is near impossible to get more than like 1-2 kickbacks per game depending on which you use, with a good stealth buddy, you can still get those kickbacks. But the opposite could be argued that less Stealth Kills come in those modes, well Team Objective atleast.


 


negatives the FAL has would be its close-range capabilities, I mean yea I've seen people beast with it up close but it's hit or miss for the average player (or me anyway lol) the micro covers the fal's so-so strength at close-range as well as having good blindfire as well which the Fal has none of. Mostly why the 2 micro's are my favorite character setups since they compliment Talbot's fal and Sully's dragon so nicely.

 

and well a stealth kill is a stealth kill, you only need 1 to fill up your 10-12 medal kickback and since medals are scarce in the mode now it helps. If you're gonna use Talbot's fal why not use his micro as well in here. I mean I personally do get lots of stealth kills in every mode...literally comes natural to me.

 photo Sniper.png
Message 80 of 120 (150 Views)
Reply
0 Likes