Mar 30 2013
By: munnsy1 Fender Bender 3872 posts

The Official FAL-SS Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]
119 replies 1877 views Edited Apr 2, 2013

The FAL is a semi automatic gun that is a five body shot kill, it has one of the highest stopping powers out of all the guns.

Variants:

There are four viable options when using the FAL (assuming no Weapon Expert). These are as follows:

FAL + Accuracy mod: The Accuracy mod reduces recoil, it helps on the bigger maps but in medium to close quarter combat it is often thought of to be worse. This is because the FAL is optimal when getting repeated headshots and the Accuracy mod reduces repetetive headshots and therefore increases kill time and wastes more ammo.

Eddy's FAL: This FAL gives the Max Ammo mods and Clip Size mods, the Max Ammo mod increases starting ammo from 80 to 120, if you plan on sticking with the FAL in Deathmatch modes then this could help, if not then a different variant is the better one for you.  The clip size mod is in practice redundant due to such a quick kill time.

Lazarevich's FAL: The Reload Speed mod this FAL has helps alot as the FAL has such a slow reload time. The Blindfire Accuracy mod helps alot but only when jumping or coming from above, it takes abit of practice to abuse but combos can be achieved and made more consistent by using this mod.

Talbolt's FAL: This variant gives the mods Call-Out, Clip Size and Reload Speed.For thoughts on Reload Speed see above. For thoughts on Clip Size see above. The Call-Out mod is often thought to be the best as with any gun, use it in Plunder and Team Objective modes but on Team Deathmatch modes, it depends how often you like giving your kills away. If you use this weapon with the skin 'Talbolt' and 'Talbolt's Micro' you get a third booster 'Stealth Buddy'.

Boosters:

Cloaked: The Fal has a big pain wobble and low aim assist so Cloaked helps as you can more easily get the first couple of shots in and you are more likely to flank the opponent. It has the quickest kill time (excluding the Dragon and RoF) so shooting people in the back is often your best choice.

Fleet Foot: This is the most used booster for the FAL in Plunder and Team Objective.

Scoped-In: Due to the massive pain wobble (as mentioned earler) this underated choice is actually extremely viable, in theory it sounds bad, but in a Fleet Foot/Cloaked M9 dominant meta it helps massively.

Kickbacks:

Gotcha: Due to FAL being a weapon that is at it's best while shooting people in the back, Gotcha helps to flank unsuspecting enemies.

Explosive Kickbacks: Due to the FAL's weakness in head up explosive kickbacks help to distract your opponent or if not wearing Team Safe, knock them down. The best ones are arguabely: Quick Boom, RPG and Hammer Time.

Stat Hats:

3-D Glasses: This is the most obvious and only choice for the FAL in Plunder and Team Objective modes, if you land just one headshot it turns this underused weapon into the offensive beast it was pre the 1.03.019 live update.

Knight Helmet: This glitched stat hat is a viable choice when using the FAL in the Deatmatch like modes as it gives Cloaked level on. When deciding Knight Helmet vs 3-D Glasses it really depends if you are gonna stick with the FAL throughout the map or pick up power weapons. If you will pick up the power weapons then Knight Helmet is arguabely the better choice.

This post is no where near complete, if you would like me to add anything to the OP just say, and I would like some help making this more official.

Discuss.

Message 1 of 120 (1,877 Views)
Survivor
2203 posts

Re: The Official FAL-SS Discussion Thread

Mar 30, 2013

Good points on the Fal, also one thing I would like to add, If you use the FAL-SS with any stat hat that gives you extra headshot damage (Belling + clown mask, Talbots mask) you will do insane damage if you get at least 1 headshot in there.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 2 of 120 (1,871 Views)
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Mar 30, 2013
Will add the other names for 3-D Glasses in, thanks.
Message 3 of 120 (1,861 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Mar 30, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:
Will add the other names for 3-D Glasses in, thanks.

Is that what the 3D glasses do? I've never used them so I have no clue. Smiley Frustrated

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 4 of 120 (1,856 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Mar 30, 2013
If anyone beats me with the FAL, I'll definitely send them a message asking them why the hell they're using the FAL with the Blindfire nonsense. Then I'd say good game, I'm glad you aim.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 5 of 120 (1,855 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Mar 31, 2013

the FAL is excellent if you can actually fire and aim it...i.e. not me.

Do you feel me?

Message 6 of 120 (1,503 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Mar 31, 2013

Question, Scoped In only works if your zoomed in all the way (not the reticle, but the red dot), right? I hate zooming in all the way with the FAL so would that not work for me?

Does that mean the dragon only works if zoomed in all the way? I don't know this because I only use scoped in with the G-MAL, and unlike the FAL, I only use that only completely zoomed in. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 7 of 120 (1,208 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7092 posts

Mar 31, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

Question, Scoped In only works if your zoomed in all the way (not the reticle, but the red dot), right? I hate zooming in all the way with the FAL so would that not work for me?

Does that mean the dragon only works if zoomed in all the way? I don't know this because I only use scoped in with the G-MAL, and unlike the FAL, I only use that only completely zoomed in. 

scoped-in works regardless with any weapon. It prevents/lowers pain wobble, which is the additional recoil shake you get everytime you get shot. Not just with scoped weapons, although it is most useful on scoped weapons.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 8 of 120 (904 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Mar 31, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

stayFROST-E wrote:

scoped-in works regardless with any weapon. It prevents/lowers pain wobble, which is the additional recoil shake you get everytime you get shot. Not just with scoped weapons, although it is most useful on scoped weapons.

Oh, so basically "scoped in" just means aimed weapons? Applying to anything that fleet foot would?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 9 of 120 (739 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20406 posts

Mar 31, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

stayFROST-E wrote:

Oh, so basically "scoped in" just means aimed weapons? Applying to anything that fleet foot would?

Basically, yes. Scoped In's effect refers to the gun reticule moving when you get shot, AKA pain wobble. Scoped In removes this more and more as you level it up. So yes, it affects all guns while aiming, even the Kal-7. Of course, it's made more for long range weapons, so you see it used often in conjunction with the G-MAL or Dragon Sniper.

Message 10 of 120 (736 Views)
0 Likes