Wastelander
713 posts

Re: The Official FAL-SS Discussion Thread

Mar 31, 2013
I use Talbots fal with cloaked and daredevil. I think it works quite well although I've never tried scoped in. I might.
Message 11 of 120 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10255 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Pain wobble on the KAL is barely noticeable even w/o Scoped in, BTW.

Smiley Happy
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 12 of 120 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6692 posts

Mar 31, 2013

lol, I'm sure the pain wobble is very miniscule in comparison to the actual recoil of the gun.

R.I.P The Last of Us:

June, 2013 -- When ND listened to crying AGAIN!
Message 13 of 120 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Mar 31, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:

The FAL is a semi automatic gun that is a five body shot kill, it has one of the highest stopping powers out of all the guns.

Variant:

There are four viable options when using this FAL (assuming no Weapon Expert).

FAL + Accuracy mod: The Accuracy mod reduces recoil, it helps on the bigger maps but in medium to close quarter combat it is often thought of to be worse. This is because the FAL is optimal when getting repeated headshots and the Accuracy mod reduces repetetive headshots and therefore reduces kill time and wastes more ammo.

Eddy's FAL: This FAL gives the Max Ammo mods and Clip Size mods, the Max Ammo mod increases starting ammo from 80 to 120, if you plan on sticking with the FAL in Deathmatch modes then this could help, if not then a different variant is the better one for you.  The clip size mod is in practice redundant due to such a quick kill time.

Lazarevich's FAL: The Reload Speed mod this FAL has helps alot as the FAL has such a slow reload time. The Blindfire Accuracy mod helps alot but only when jumping or coming from above, it takes abit of practice to abuse but combos can be achieved and made more consistent by using this mod.

Talbolt's FAL: This variant gives the mods Call-Out, Clip Size and Reload Speed.For thoughts on Reload Speed see above. For thoughts on Clip Size see above. The Call-Out mod is often thought to be the best as with any gun, use it in Plunder and Team Objective modes but on Team Deathmatch modes, it depends how often you like giving your kills away.

Boosters:

Cloaked: The Fal has a big pain wobble and low aim assist so Cloaked helps as you can more easily get the first couple of shots in and you are more likely to flank the opponent. It has the quickest kill time (excluding the Dragon and RoF) so shooting people in the back is often your best choice.

Fleet Foot: This is the most used booster for the FAL in Plunder and Team Objective.

Scoped-In: Due to the massive pain wobble (as mentioned earler) this underated choice is actually extremely viable, in theory it sounds bad, but in a Fleet Foot/Cloaked M9 dominant meta it helps massively.

Stat Hats:

3-D Glasses: This is the most obvious and only choice for the FAL in Plunder and Team Objective modes, if you land just one headshot it turns this underused weapon into the offensive beast it was pre the 1.03.019 live update.

Knight Helmet: This glitched stat hat is a viable choice when using the FAL in the Deatmatch like modes as it gives Cloaked level on. When deciding Knight Helmet vs 3-D Glasses it really depends if you are gonna stick with the FAL throughout the map or pick up power weapons. If you will pick up the power weapons then Knight Helmet is arguabely the better choice.

This post is no where near complete, if you would like me to add anything to the OP just say, and I would like some help making this more official.

Discuss.

You should include something about max ammo (Eddy's FAL), dare devil, or ammo award because it is very easy to run out of ammo with only 80 rounds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 14 of 120 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
19567 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

Think I may as well add my input to the FAL discussion, since I used to use it all the time (I've kind of fallen out of using it Smiley Sad )

The FAL is a fantastic weapon if it's in the right hands. However, a lot of people are turned off by the RoF cap it has. It takes a little getting used to for the fire rate. One is probably fooled into thinking the RoF is a simple "chug chug chug chug," when it actually is a little faster than that, actually feeling more like a "chugchug chugchug." This is probably really hard to interpret in text, but try firing the gun a little faster and you might be surprised at just how quickly it can fire. Smiley Wink

My ultimate loadout consists of Talbot's FAL, Cloaked, Daredevil, and a varying kickback. Talbot's FAL has all the right mods on it (Call Out, Reload Speed, and Clip Size. Accuracy mod doesn't seem necessary whatsoever to me), Cloaked makes you a ninja with the gun, killing people with the quick 5 shot kill before they can react, and Daredevil keeps your short 80 round max ammo stacked and free grenades if you need them. I cannot use Fleet Foot with the FAL efficiently, since it just seems to mess up my fire rate's accuracy for some reason.

It's definitely harder to use than it used to be, but it seems to be in the spot it was forseen to be in from the game's conception. It's fine and shouldn't be changed.

Personally, I advise you to avoid both Fleet Foot and Scoped In and to opt for Cloaked instead. I described Fleet Foot above, and Scoped In doesn't feel needed when your reticule is already bouncing all around the screen.

Message 15 of 120 (314 Views)
Wastelander
713 posts

Mar 31, 2013
That's exactly why I use daredevil. I have Talbots which has clip size and reload along with call out and cloaked so I can sneak up on people and decimate them with the fal's killing speed. I also use quick boom with the fal since it compliments the daredevil booster.
Message 16 of 120 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6692 posts

Mar 31, 2013

Also surprised you didn't mention the Talbot combo.

Using Talbot with his fal and micro along with his half gas mask which gives headshot damage is pretty fun. Especially when used with a good ninja friend. Since you are given stealth buddy and depending on what kickback you use, you can get pretty OP.

R.I.P The Last of Us:

Message 17 of 120 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
19567 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Also surprised you didn't mention the Talbot combo.

Using Talbot with his fal and micro along with his half gas mask which gives headshot damage is pretty fun. Especially when used with a good ninja friend. Since you are given stealth buddy and depending on what kickback you use, you can get pretty OP.

I would have remembered to mention that had I not been using Djinn for so long and completely forgetting about that OP setup. Smiley Tongue

Yes, if you're going to be using the FAL, try using the Talbot loadout with the Half Gas Mask. If you're any good at getting headshots and you have a competent buddy, you can be quite a force to be reckoned with.

Message 18 of 120 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
713 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Yeah I don't have a good ninja buddy unfortunately but I use the talbot combo just incase. Anyone here a good ninja buddy? Lol
Message 19 of 120 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6692 posts

Mar 31, 2013

lol I really only use it with my friend, we both use it. Sometimes he could get a practically endless Gotcha!, I once got 2 mega bombs in succession, a 13 shot T-bolt, quick creepy crawlers for laughs, etc. As well as juggernaut which is surprisingly good for a gun like the fal.

R.I.P The Last of Us:

Message 20 of 120 (296 Views)
0 Likes