Wastelander
567 posts

Re: The Official FAL-SS Discussion Thread

Mar 31, 2013
Clip size is tooooons better on the fal than reload speed. Eddys fal for major damage and insane offense at any range. Daredevil helps sooo much as well Smiley Tongue i use fal a lot and get many distant kills making it difficult to get ammo making talbots fal a handicap. You can easily get 3-4 kills with an extended clip and is more reliable than reload speed alot of the times. If u stand still and shoot a mobile target the aim assist will sometimes lock on behind em making it REALLY difficult to move the reticle so strafe to right to break the aim assist and go 4 a headshot quickly until u land your final shot.
If theyre mobile use fleet foot to strafe your aim dot to their head and blast away for lighting quick kills. Focus on landing your shots as a high priority since its ttk is great. Max sensitivity will help u break aim assist quicker and allow u to aim at their heads or distant targets with ease. Its an all range weapon this way dealing quick kills at any range.
Message 51 of 120 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Apr 1, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
@Black I also panic in close encounters with a Raffica. Then again, I panic in any close encounter, no matter what.

As for the blindfire on the FAL, *why* exactly would you need to master blindfire on a weapon that's meant to be aimed? It's like Roman's GMAL: what the... Are you... But... Huh?
Oh I LOVE blindfiring Roman's Gmal. I know it's stupid, but it's fun Smiley Very Happy
Do you feel me?

Message 52 of 120 (320 Views)
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Apr 1, 2013
I guess the whole Clip Size vs Reload Speed argument is just preference.
Message 53 of 120 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 1, 2013
Pretty much, bro. It's either you empty the clip while in combat, or you reload while in combat.

Eh
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 54 of 120 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3810 posts

Apr 1, 2013

If I ever use FAL-SS, it's going to be Talbot's with his skin and Micro. I just find it to have perfect mods, because I'm not THAT good with FAL-SS anymore, and don't even spend that much time using it, it works great for me. Clipsize for longer gunfights/multiple targets, RS for quick reloads, and Call Out for TO (which is my most played CMP mode).

And let's not forget Stealth buddy you get too. Smiley Wink

I haven't really used any of the other FALs, so I might give them a try too (except Laz's, which I didn't like at all).

Message 55 of 120 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Apr 1, 2013

Alluboy_ wrote:

If I ever use FAL-SS, it's going to be Talbot's with his skin and Micro. I just find it to have perfect mods, because I'm not THAT good with FAL-SS anymore, and don't even spend that much time using it, it works great for me. Clipsize for longer gunfights/multiple targets, RS for quick reloads, and Call Out for TO (which is my most played CMP mode).

I haven't really used any of the other FALs, so I might give them a try too (except Laz's, which I didn't like at all).

Not keen on the Micro, it's my opinion that Marlowe's Para > all, it may just be me but I prefer a better handgun (and quite frankly skin choice Smiley Wink) over the rare Stealth Buddy gain.

Message 56 of 120 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
741 posts

Apr 1, 2013
Yeah but if you have me as a buddy you'd be loaded with free kickbacks.
Message 57 of 120 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20485 posts

Apr 1, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:

Alluboy_ wrote:

Not keen on the Micro, it's my opinion that Marlowe's Para > all, it may just be me but I prefer a better handgun (and quite frankly skin choice Smiley Wink) over the rare Stealth Buddy gain.

If you're going with Talbot's loadout, you should be avoiding CQC most of the time. Talbot's Micro can hold you over if used correctly, but you might want to avoid using it too much. The main strength of the loadout is coming from the FAL, not the Micro.

The Stealth Buddy gain is much better than a good pistol. You should be more occupied by the amazing long gun of yours instead of the "okay" pistol. Smiley Wink

Message 58 of 120 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
741 posts

Apr 1, 2013
I use the talbot set and have a lot of mid range encounters but close aren't really a problem. Even with Talbots micro. It's not that bad.
Message 59 of 120 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Apr 1, 2013
No matter how much I want to DAG I can't quote you (duzufexfirs at mobile mode), but due to the bad spawns on some maps (I an looking at you Chateau, Desert Village and Village) close quarter combat is unavoidable especially in today's blindfire orientated meta.

But it comes down to personal choice/preference I guess.
Message 60 of 120 (253 Views)