Why Powerplays, Kickbacks, Loadouts, Mods, sprint and late join are actually a good thing.
- Powerplays are good because they reduce the urge to rage-quit - make it less embarressing when your team is getting heavily beaten, - They help alleviate bad team balancing/matchmaking - such as against a 5 man team of level XXX tryhards vs level 10's. They are unfair and often happen when there isnt need for them but their idea is good.
- Kickbacks are good because they bring something extra to the game, - they give you ,something to play for, a reason to complete objectives, and a reward for achieving it, a reward for doing well. They are too offensive to though.
- Loadouts are good because they allow all different styles of play, leading to more diverse matches and keeping the game fresh for longer. Its more fun when you have variety. But they need to be balanced and each have their advantages and specific ranges.
- Weapon Mods are good because they allow/accomidate different tastes and styles of play. - some people who move around the map and go in and out of firefights quickly might like reload speed, while someone who likes staying back a little and picking targets off from distance might like max ammo. Boosters shouldnt be needed for reload speed and clip size. Character weapons should not have mods (by default) as it makes picking a single mod for default weapons pointless and gives little reason to use weapons expert.
- Sprint is good because it allows you to get out of a tight spot faster, or it allows you to get to a location faster or it allows you to catch up with someone for a stealth kill which you wouldnt otherwise. It reduces things like bunny-hopping and cornershooting. You shouldnt be able to zig-zag so much with it though and you shouldnt be able to use it constantly for the entire match.
- Late join is good because it makes up for bad matchmaking and small player pools - makes finding a match quicker and easier, it makes up for people quitting - helping with team balancing - e.g. 5v4, thus reducing the number of powerplays and also reducing further rage quitting. There should be quit penalties though - fined money, loss of XP. Yes joining a game that has 20 secs left is annoying but its better than not finding a game and having to wait several minutes - at least you are in a lobby now.
Although yeah, loadouts are good. If you're telling me that for some reason my multi-millionaire character can't afford a better gun besides literally everyone's AK-47, you're BS-ing me.
@ Stunt Not sure what you are trying to say about Loadouts ??
im saying loadouts are good because you have a variety of play styles - some people with AK, Gmal, dragon etc.
@ xINESCAPABLEx ya marked man and 1.5 damage are not good powerplays (more so marked man now that double damage has been reduced, because its just so unfair on the marked man).
My idea would be (rather than reducing the duration) - have a max of 2 powerplays per match (per team) - removing marked man completely.
Nope, disliked all of it from the day it was introduced. I believe it's one of the reasons why this community dwindled in a 1-2 year life span after UC3 was released.(Also because of the salty/cynical community). Singlehandly destroyed plunder/team objective imo.
Don't get me wrong it was enjoyable when playing in a team. Also modes like 3TDM, Lab and Classic brought life into the game but it wasn't enough.
Should've took Uncharted 2's style and improved from it, I'd prefer a 2.5 over 3. Oh well... you'll get the gimmicks in UC PS4 probably...
No, I doubt Classic did anything. It had pretty much the same popularity over time HC mode did. **bleep** Classic mode.
HC mode was terrible in my opinion, I prefer classic mode even though it wasn't fully done right.