Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: The Powerplays, the Kickbacks and the Loadouts - and why they are actually a Good Thing.

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I kinda want sprint to get me out of a tight spot. If I was the ambusher, obviously I'd be mad if the person got out of that predicament. On the other hand, if you were the ambushee, you'd prefer a chance to escape the ambush instead. Not everyone plays offensively. I don't, for instance. I let myself get seen, and I make the guy chase me around until he gets stuck somewhere.

I often refuse to sprint away and just man up and take my death or somehow end up killing the opposing player.

I'm defensive too. I wont back away and evade death though If I run into 3 opposing players I don't deserve to survive and they earned the kill by my stupidity.

I'd rather not do some ridiculous stand to my death, especially considering that some instances of an ambush isn't "on my stupidity". I'm not taking the fall because the marked man went past me and 3 people were looking for him.

I'd rather sprint, either way. Call me chicken or whatever, but I'd still rather not die even if it was my fault.

I was happy with sprint when we had stopping power. you could get away if you werent in damage mode. It was a punishment for being fired at but also gave people a fair chance of escaping ,

It's just too much of a main strategy how it is now. There needs to be some downside to it.

Actually I thought stopping power wasn't changed. Bring it back then.

Maybe no stopping power for non-aimed shooting, though. It isn't exactly fair in cases where you're being chased by some blindfirer with Endurance or whatnot.

EDIT: So you know. Better than 100% escape and 0% escape.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 41 of 47 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Re: The Powerplays, the Kickbacks and the Loadouts - and why they are actually a Good Thing.

Dec 20, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

I often refuse to sprint away and just man up and take my death or somehow end up killing the opposing player.

I'm defensive too. I wont back away and evade death though If I run into 3 opposing players I don't deserve to survive and they earned the kill by my stupidity.

What does sprint have to do with running from the fight and evading death ??, it happens in UC2 as well so I dont see your point, also you have sprint as well so.... Smiley Indifferent

You just mad that you didnt get the kill ?, that they don't have your attitude of ' they deserve to win, I will stand and take the death' and you feel robbed of the kill ?

Dont blame sprint

p.s. High SP kills the gameplay.

Message 42 of 47 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Dec 20, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I kinda want sprint to get me out of a tight spot. If I was the ambusher, obviously I'd be mad if the person got out of that predicament. On the other hand, if you were the ambushee, you'd prefer a chance to escape the ambush instead. Not everyone plays offensively. I don't, for instance. I let myself get seen, and I make the guy chase me around until he gets stuck somewhere.

I'd rather not do some ridiculous stand to my death, especially considering that some instances of an ambush isn't "on my stupidity". I'm not taking the fall because the marked man went past me and 3 people were looking for him.

I'd rather sprint, either way. Call me chicken or whatever, but I'd still rather not die even if it was my fault.

I was happy with sprint when we had stopping power. you could get away if you werent in damage mode. It was a punishment for being fired at but also gave people a fair chance of escaping ,

It's just too much of a main strategy how it is now. There needs to be some downside to it.

Actually I thought stopping power wasn't changed. Bring it back then.

Maybe no stopping power for non-aimed shooting, though. It isn't exactly fair in cases where you're being chased by some blindfirer with Endurance or whatnot.

EDIT: So you know. Better than 100% escape and 0% escape.

Thats fair. I'd agree with that.

Hipfire should never be a strategy, It's a last ditch effort.

Message 43 of 47 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

What does sprint have to do with running from the fight and evading death ??, it happens in UC2 as well so I dont see your point, also you have sprint as well so.... Smiley Indifferent

You just mad that you didnt get the kill ?, that they don't have your attitude of ' they deserve to win, I will stand and take the death' and you feel robbed of the kill ?

Dont blame sprint

p.s. High SP kills the gameplay.

Sprint isn't in Uncharted 2.

I'm mad for everyone who doesn't get what they deserve. Whats this about deserving to win anyway? I haven't lost a legitimate match in over 5 months. Being kicked or being left in the lobby doesn't count.

Uncharted 2 had bunny hop. Which was equally just as bad. No.. I'm lying.. bunny hop wasn't as bad as sprint for the following reason.

If you want to evade. You have roll, jump. cover. All of which would be beneficial without as much sprint.. You know. Like they actually did help in Uncharted 2 because you couldn't just sprint up to cover and take people down.

I'm not against sprint. Not totally anyway. It shouldn't be able to be used as it currently is. No other game with sprint allows this kind of freedom. Uncharted 3 is an example of why that freedom shouldn't exist. It will get manipulated.

Message 44 of 47 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2013

^^ I did say they ( i.e. all the features I mentioned) arent perfect.
I am just saying they are good ideas with the right objective, even though they were not implemented properly.

The main issue with sprint is that people use it all the time and almost solely for offensive/ rushing reasons. Add to that the stupidly crazy amount of mobility allowed while sprinting plus the bad aim mechanics in UC3 and you have a real issue. The idea is good though.

I agree sprint shouldnt offer such freedom.
Sprint should be like it was during the beta (but maybe keep the current camera view) - i.e. no zig-zagging. I also believe the fast sprint recovery time is a big contributer to the amount of charging/rushing in UC3.

The point I was making about UC2 is that Sprint isnt to blame for someone running away from a fight that they would have otherwise lost - e.g. You can still RUN! away and evade death in UC2 without sprint, and in UC3 both players have sprint so its a level playing field. Again sprint turn radius is a problem

You be happy with the beta sprint ??,

As someone myself who really hates blindfire to the core I still think high SP is very bad and is just as annoying itself. When I think High SP, I think of the Gmal days were the game was just  = camp a corner and straff in and out or else try moving around and get stuck in wet concrete.
Better aiming would be good though.

Message 45 of 47 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Dec 20, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

^^ I did say they ( i.e. all the features I mentioned) arent perfect.
I am just saying they are good ideas with the right objective, even though they were not implemented properly.

The main issue with sprint is that people use it all the time and almost solely for offensive/ rushing reasons. Add to that the stupidly crazy amount of mobility allowed while sprinting plus the bad aim mechanics in UC3 and you have a real issue. The idea is good though.

I agree sprint shouldnt offer such freedom.
Sprint should be like it was during the beta (but maybe keep the current camera view) - i.e. no zig-zagging. I also believe the fast sprint recovery time is a big contributer to the amount of charging/rushing in UC3.

The point I was making about UC2 is that Sprint isnt to blame for someone running away from a fight that they would have otherwise lost - e.g. You can still RUN! away and evade death in UC2 without sprint, and in UC3 both players have sprint so its a level playing field. Again sprint turn radius is a problem

You be happy with the beta sprint ??,

As someone myself who really hates blindfire to the core I still think high SP is very bad and is just as annoying itself. When I think High SP, I think of the Gmal days were the game was just  = camp a corner and straff in and out or else try moving around and get stuck in wet concrete.
Better aiming would be good though.

I was happy with the beta sprint. You could still run away. but it also had some stopping power so you could stop them running away if you were really focused on that person.

I was happy with sprint up until the stopping power nerf. I wasn't happy with the turning and the other pieces of freedom but I could accept it having some drawbacks.

You are also right it needs less of a recovery time, The recovery time things should be applied to the endurance booster so people would have to sacrifice a good booster for another one. I've tried endurance and find it impossible to see the difference.

Message 46 of 47 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2689 posts

Dec 21, 2013
agreed, but I didnt see any heavy SP in the beta, even with heavy bullets on it was minor, and thats the way i liked it. I dont mind minor SP.
I dont believe SP had anything to do with keeping sprint in check in the beta, Sprint just worked as it should then.

The SP on the FAL and Gmal at launch was another story - that was completely over the top.

endurance - I also cant see the difference in either the recovery time or the sprint duration (im assuming it must be 0.5 secs or less) - you cant call it a booster if it doesnt give a boost LOL.
Message 47 of 47 (230 Views)
0 Likes