Sackboy
418 posts

Re: #@*%!: The RAGE Thread

May 16, 2012

I had an annoying experience today:

I late-joined a game with a 5-man party. Clearly, it would be lopsided as I noticed people kept leaving during the loading screen as it counted down the seconds to me entering. By the time I was in the game, it was myself and another player who just died for his first time; the score was something like 38-25, and any other players who had joined/started had previously left. After about 40 kills I notice the game stops letting people enter the game.

Regardless the obvious win these people were going to achieve, I stuck it out. For five of my seven deaths, I died by power weapon. Only two of my deaths were by normal weapons; one was a bad-spawn as I entered the game (the enemy saw me and opened fire and I had no time to react) and the other was a good-spawn for the enemy, as I checked the location, turned to move away and suddenly was eliminated in two G-MAL bursts.

When you're up in a five-man team against two other people who could just easily quit, put down the kickback Hammers and T-Bolts and just go pistols. You'll win because you're a team and it's 5 v 2; you don't need a Hammer to kill me (though I got in my fair share of kills, I'm proud to say, while my partner was obviously not prepared and went kill-less). So frustrating to late-join those games. Whenever I see a person stick it out like that, I make sure to message them and tell them I appreciated their staying put instead of leaving and defaulting the win. Just the most frustrating game today.

Message 91 of 509 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
250 posts

May 16, 2012

Co-op hunter is the mode I mainly rage in .... ok I always leave the treasure chests for the villains in the hope that my opponents will do the same ... i only ever get treasures out the box by using villains ... but i have to clucking fight for it when im the villains thus causing me to sometimes press start and hit that quit button.

Message 92 of 509 (720 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 16, 2012

The weirdest thing happened to me. I was playing a match against a party and I accidentally walked into ALL of them. They were hogging the shotgun in the Museum. So one guy shot me with the shotgun, another guy meleed me and EVERYONE thrust-taunted me.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 93 of 509 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3624 posts

May 16, 2012

First match I "tried" playing today was horrible. Plunder, no one tried to help score the idol except for me and my buddy Jigmon. A quarter into the match I get the Connection problem icon on my screen, it never disappeared, stayed there for the remainder of the match while I was helpless and unable to help my team.

I am pretty sure the connection error wasn't my fault, it had NEVER happened before. However recently I've been having that icon appear every once in a while, but only for a few seconds, but never to a degree where it would never go away. Also, if my connection was that bad to begin with, why not just boot me back up to the lobby?

Stupid Uncharted.

#SaintsofNewMarias#RepairCrew
Message 94 of 509 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 16, 2012

At least YOU have buddies who know what to do. I played a match where EVERY SINGLE ONE is killfarming. Naturally, we won the event because I'm the only one who bothered to do the objectives. But still.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 95 of 509 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

May 18, 2012

**** LAG. This ******* game is just a ******* LAG fest. Today, I had the worst ******* day in the whole ******* history of this laggy BS game. A ******* party of five foreigeners were all lagging like *******. EVEN AFTER PUMPING 2 RPGs into the ******** lagger, they wouldn't ******** die. **** this game, **** those players, **** all laggy BS foreingers, **** every one who ******** lags. ARGHHHHHH!

They see me laggin', they hatin'.
Message 96 of 509 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 18, 2012

Hey man. Flip a table or something. Calm down.

Message 97 of 509 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

May 18, 2012

Been waiting for a post like this! Awesome. O.K. so screw you hackers! I am sick of one shot kill crap, aimbots, and your frakkin lagging! God screw you!

Thanks, that felt good to get out.

Message 98 of 509 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 18, 2012

Bro. They're not hackers. They're just people who lag horribly. I assume one-hit kill is like, not the tbolt. Also lag. I met them already.

Message 99 of 509 (681 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

May 18, 2012

Parties of 5 with Elena's G-MAL + Fleet Foot + Bargain + Power Weapon kickbacks... Oh. My. GOD. Seriously, give us a  chance! Oh, and they coordinate all their efforts with amazing efficiency over the mic, plus, they use call-out so they're all over their poor victim in seconds.

After the last time I faced a party like that I made sure to have cloaked in at least one of my load outs permanently. But, I guess I can appreciate the fact it forces me to play more strategically.

And if they lag... All the more reason for rage. Though I don't really rage, I just shake my head and say to myself "For f__k's sake..." and take a deep breath.

Message 100 of 509 (681 Views)
0 Likes