Treasure Hunter
4590 posts

Re: #@*%!: The RAGE Thread

May 6, 2012

For the record, I never ran into foreigners in the summer beta. I ALWAYS run into them in Uncharted 3's atrocious matchmaking system that always puts people from different countries together.

As for me, I tend to rage when Smoke Bomb completely fails on me and when I'm playing Hardcore and all of my kills are being stolen. It's so demoralizing to get triple-teamed all the time in that mode (seriously, ALL THE TIME) and not even get kills that you have more than earned what with how much ammo you're pouring into a guy and a teammate puts two bullets and takes your kill. That's the one thing I hate about the mode, super-high health results in more assists and more people running around in packs, holding hands, and then the lag from the tiny player pool. Like, getting killed in two G-MAL bursts in Hardcore. I don't have a problem with the weapon, but I do have a problem with people being able to KILL ME with default health while they take FOREVER to kill. Reminds me of the Mexicans in Uncharted 2.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 509 (460 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17659 posts

May 6, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

Like, getting killed in two G-MAL bursts in Hardcore.

_____________________________________________________________________________ WHAT IS UP WITH THESE SILLY SIGNATURES AND WHY ARE THEY ALWAYS AT THE END OF MY POSTS?

Oh hohohoho boy. That happened to me at least 2-3 times in my treasure hunting there and I was absolutely infuriated by that.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 509 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4590 posts

May 6, 2012

It's so sad because Hardcore has the potential to be the best mode in the game at the moment, but that high health/lack of boosters absolutely kills it. Though, I still enjoy everyone being on an even ground and not having to worry about Revenge after stealth-killing someone.

But no, it's one of the least-played modes in the game so it gets harder to find people and thus it gets laggier, resulting in you not realizing you're about to die until you die. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 509 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4169 posts

May 6, 2012

Yesterday I was playing FFA and I was dying in 1 Dragon round... I only seen 4 G-MAL's the whole night... M9 RoF's and KAL-7's everywhere... It's the Subway beta all over again... I actually quit 4 games last night the lag was so bad...

Proud Member of [FnxX} & DeFy. @UMG_Hybrid
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 509 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4590 posts

May 6, 2012

I miss not having to use a ROF M9 to compete in FFA.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 509 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
496 posts

May 6, 2012

Not really a rage as I just sort of shrugged it off (which says allot if you ask me) but I just got done playing my first matches in about 5 months... 

Honestly, I'm shocked at just how far the game has degraded in that time...  but, its not the game, as far as I can tell it might be the best its been since the first beta as I saw pretty much every weapon being used unlike the way it was when I took my break...

Its just pure lag.  Its just so much more predominate that I don't doubt that the numbers playing the game have likely dropped significantly in that time...  (Rooms also took allot more time to fill.)  More than what would be considered healthy.

Hopefully, the forthcoming GoTY edition stabilizes the player base.

That said I just don't see the point of relearning the game  (as no doubt some/allot of my problems was rust...  I expected to play bad and I did but I wasn't expecting my rounds to “miss” nearly stationary targets....  Yet judging by the complete lack of hit markers this was exactly what was happening...)

Anyhow, it was cool to see the new maps (London Streets, Graveyard, the others whose name I don't remember) but not cool enough to entice me to play for more than an hour before losing all interest and wanting to move on to a game whose gameplay hasn't been horribly gimped.

Anyhow, that was pretty much it. 

Later All and good luck in your gaming...

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 509 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

May 6, 2012

!!!!!REMOVE THE TRAIN SEQUENCE!!!!!!! $&%$#&#$^#^

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 509 (460 Views)
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

May 6, 2012

Yeah remove or at least have the option to veto the train sequence on London underground and the plane sequence on Airstrip. If everyone has super beast connections at the time then that's fien these sequences work. I really enjoy those 2 maps and it frustrates me that everytime we play on it we have to sit through 5 minutes of pure LAG first. Half my team gets kicked and it's just plain awful and nobody enjoys it.

I like the whole concept of it but i'm afraid ND didn't quite execute it right. The spawns are broke, it's too laggy, and the fact that you put the sequences on what are arguably the best maps for UC3 is annoying because all im thinking is hurry da fuck up I want to play on the map!

Just remove them, im suprised it's not a huge talking point on here because for me the sequences are the worst thing about the multiplayer. The sand storm in desert village is also annoying but I can live with it.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 509 (460 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17659 posts

May 6, 2012

mikalhardie wrote:

The sand storm in desert village is also annoying but I can live with it.

The sand storm is probably the only good part about Desert Village.

Train Wreck was the best UC2 level because of the snow storm and I was very sad to see it go.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 509 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

May 6, 2012

I agree with eerything stated in your post. I especially hate those people who won't step into the enemy's hill.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 509 (460 Views)
0 Likes