May 21 2013
By: sQuiiDx Naughty Paw 2019 posts

The Return of the Uncharted Community Podcast - Breaking Down the Future of UC Multiplayer

40 replies 492 views Edited May 21, 2013

Uncharted-3-Community-Podcast.jpg

Triple and I are bringing the Uncharted Community Podcast back this summer, solely focusing on the future of the franchise. While it will be heavily based on the "multiplayer" portion of UC, we will not just stick to one area. The idea is to get big voices in the community in regards to all facets (gun balance, co-op, game modes, community events, competitive features, etc). 

So we want to know, as a community, whose opinions do you want to hear in a series of podcasts covering the future of this franchises multiplayer? Don't feel bad nominating yourself, triple would do it if he could. We just want to get the voices of the passionate community members out on a larger scale. The idea is to have a guest on every show possible. Obviously it would require "exposing" your voice to the public. I wouldn't worry, you'll never sound as bad as Barryhains and his tin-can for a mic. The guest would be someone who just has a lot to say about (x) topic. 

Just leave us your thoughts on all corners of the UC multiplayer front. The more, the better. First episode will air in June and run until we cover ever portion of the multiplayer. (expect eact episode to run 15-30 minutes)

Thanks guys,

Sea Creature Steve

Twitter: @TryceUp

USN 04-08
Message 1 of 41 (492 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: The Return of the Uncharted Community Podcast - Breaking Down the Future of UC Multiplayer

May 21, 2013
I hope you guys tell everyone that the future of Uncharted Multiplayer should look at Uncharted 2's 1.04 multiplayer so that it becomes mainstream and we can get rid of this awful talk that Uncharted 3's multiplayer was any good.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 2 of 41 (480 Views)
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Re: The Return of the Uncharted Community Podcast - Breaking Down the Future of UC Multiplayer

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:
I hope you guys tell everyone that the future of Uncharted Multiplayer should look at Uncharted 2's 1.04 multiplayer so that it becomes mainstream and we can get rid of this awful talk that Uncharted 3's multiplayer was any good.

We're definitely going to dive into both UC2 and UC3 and discuss the best and worst parts of each. I can't speak for the others but I will advocate 1.04 UC2 balancing as much as possible. How I miss Uncharted's MP in its prime...

Message 3 of 41 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

Might want to talk about (in my opinion) the biggest move ND was made to this MP: replacing a whole game mode with another.

We're not talking like, there's still that former game mode in Customs (because there isn't). We're talking gone. Nil, zip, etc.

Also, talk about how they handled co-op support in UC3. It's very... controversial, considering they're a developer known for their stories.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 4 of 41 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
555 posts

May 21, 2013

Very nice idea, this is what Naughty Dog should be doing instead of you guys, the key word is: Asking the community what they want Smiley Happy

Good work, i'll love to see this one Kudos!!

I like cats :3

Message 5 of 41 (445 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 21, 2013

MachoTbig wrote:

Very nice idea, this is what Naughty Dog should be doing instead of you guys, the key word is: Asking the community what they want Smiley Happy

Didn't ND do exactly that and we ended up with 2 pretty bad modes, an overnerfed gun, and a blindfire problem?

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 6 of 41 (442 Views)
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

May 21, 2013
^ Stunt I find hilarious that you still go on about Hardcore XD I personally didn't care for it, and actually rooted for Classic. Too bad classic wasn't as successful as we all hoped.
Message 7 of 41 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 21, 2013

kratos_snake__ wrote:
^ Stunt I find hilarious that you still go on about Hardcore XD I personally didn't care for it, and actually rooted for Classic. Too bad classic wasn't as successful as we all hoped.

I don't find it funny, because I'm serious.

Message 8 of 41 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
555 posts

May 21, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

MachoTbig wrote:

Didn't ND do exactly that and we ended up with 2 pretty bad modes, an overnerfed gun, and a blindfire problem?

Well they didn't listen to me Smiley Mad Smiley LOL

Nah but really, this should be a democracy, if the majority of players want something, it should be done, cof blindfire fix cof

I like cats :3

Message 9 of 41 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 21, 2013

MachoTbig wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

MachoTbig wrote:

Well they didn't listen to me Smiley Mad Smiley LOL

Nah but really, this should be a democracy, if the majority of players want something, it should be done, cof blindfire fix cof

I know, I know, but all I'm saying is that maybe sometimes this majority could be wrong. I mean, way back then majority thought the Earth was flat, all that stuff, you know.

Maybe instead of blaming it on ND all the time, we have to assess all the things in a complaint. Maybe try a different viewpoint/perspective, try and think about a hypothetical worst-case-scenario, all that.

I mean, I'm just saying, I could be wrong. I just want to put this out there for ya since you're a good friend. Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 41 (425 Views)