Fender Bender
3247 posts

Re: The Return of the Uncharted Community Podcast - Breaking Down the Future of UC Multiplayer

May 21, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Didn't ND do exactly that and we ended up with 2 pretty bad modes, an overnerfed gun, and a blindfire problem?

What are you referring to exactly?

Message 11 of 41 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: The Return of the Uncharted Community Podcast - Breaking Down the Future of UC Multiplayer

May 21, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Didn't ND do exactly that and we ended up with 2 pretty bad modes, an overnerfed gun, and a blindfire problem?

I think he's refering to the cluster**bleep** that is Uncharted 3, past, present, & future.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 12 of 41 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 21, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Well, the 2 modes are pretty subjective, so I'll drop that (still I think they could have AT LEAST left me my mode in Customs. There's no "no Weapon Mods" option and I'm pretty sure the honesty policy on "Don't use gun mods in your loadouts" won't work.)

Back then GMAL was a problem, and so was blindfire, right? When they nerfed the GMAL, people complained about overnerf and then blindfire is an even BIGGER problem.

I mean besides ND not figuring out how the hell a gun balance works and/or only listening to 50% of the thread (eg Customization), I think there's got to be a way for us to throw them a bone about what to do, beisdes just saying something's wrong.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 13 of 41 (353 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 21, 2013

Ahh I really appreciate what you guys are doing for the UC community first & foremost, this is one of the things that I wanna see ND start doing as well to help them filter constructive opinions from the community hopefully they will guest appear on this as well..

If I had to pick someone to be a guest it would most def be 'Tapantaola & Scootgar'.

Message 14 of 41 (344 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1179 posts

May 21, 2013
Can't wait to see what you guys will produce overall...it'll sure help ND Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 41 (340 Views)
Fender Bender
3247 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Back then GMAL was a problem, and so was blindfire, right? When they nerfed the GMAL, people complained about overnerf and then blindfire is an even BIGGER problem.

I mean besides ND not figuring out how the hell a gun balance works and/or only listening to 50% of the thread (eg Customization), I think there's got to be a way for us to throw them a bone about what to do, beisdes just saying something's wrong.

G-MAL was fixed. Blindfire is still one of the biggest problems with UC3.

The problem I see with ND when it comes to their MP is that they simply don't understand proper game balance. Just because it's "fun" to them when they play it among themselves in-house during development doesn't mean a thing. Most of UC3's issues have stemmed from them not conducting proper pre-game testing (alphas, betas, etc.). How quickly would Quick Boom and the FAL been dealt with if they were in the beta? Exactly.

Message 16 of 41 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 21, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

The problem I see with ND when it comes to their MP is that they simply don't understand proper game balance. Just because it's "fun" to them when they play it among themselves in-house during development doesn't mean a thing. Most of UC3's issues have stemmed from them not conducting proper pre-game testing (alphas, betas, etc.). How quickly would Quick Boom and the FAL been dealt with if they were in the beta? Exactly.

GMAL isn't fixed. It's overnerfed. Telling people that you have to be a pro in a game to use a starter gun effectively isn't cool. Telling people that using a level 60 gun needs some experience is okay, since that's what you assume from a level 60 gun (my opinion).

I do agree with your second [line/paragraph], though. There's also this thing where some guy in development thinks of something cool to add into the game, but the beta's over, though. Any ideas on how to address this?

[Off-topic: Where's that lion avatar from?]

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 17 of 41 (317 Views)
Wastelander
555 posts

May 21, 2013

I miss the old G-MAL Robot Sad

Just saying...

I like cats :3

Message 18 of 41 (313 Views)
Fender Bender
3247 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

GMAL isn't fixed. It's overnerfed. Telling people that you have to be a pro in a game to use a starter gun effectively isn't cool. Telling people that using a level 60 gun needs some experience is okay, since that's what you assume from a level 60 gun (my opinion).

I do agree with your second [line/paragraph], though. There's also this thing where some guy in development thinks of something cool to add into the game, but the beta's over, though. Any ideas on how to address this?

[Off-topic: Where's that lion avatar from?]

IMO the G-MAL is fine, the M9 is slightly overpowered, the AK is slightly underpowered, and the jamming makes the FAL unfriendly to most players.

How to address what, the imbalances still in the game or how to prevent this situation from repeating in the future?

Oh I have no idea, I picked it when first made my account and have never had the desire to change it. Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 41 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
715 posts

May 21, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Blindfire is not a feature. If it was a feature you could call it a problem - because it would be possible to get rid of it.

The point is that blindfire was a main design choice and many things are created around blindfire or at least with blindfire in mind.

They will never change blindfire - it would just nerf everything they have planned. And that would be admitting that they fuc.ked up - which is what they'll surely never do.

Message 20 of 41 (299 Views)