PlayStation MVP
3215 posts

Re: The Return of the Uncharted Community Podcast - Breaking Down the Future of UC Multiplayer

May 21, 2013
Whether or not it's a "feature" is irrelevant to the fact that it's a broken "mechanic" in the game. For a time it was possible there was going to be a major nerf but it never panned out. I suspect UC4 will have a severely limited blindfire system due to the backlash it's had in this game.

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 41 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3863 posts

Re: The Return of the Uncharted Community Podcast - Breaking Down the Future of UC Multiplayer

May 21, 2013

In my opinion something should happen to the M9/Para/Dragon whether that is ND who change it (who am I kidding) or something happens to competetive rules (most probably FN). 

I would like to hear a discussion on the Dragon as it has evolved from being the UU gun of the game, to a near 50/50 split with the M9 in most gamemodes. Although I blame YouTube for this (someone does well with the Dragon, everyone uses it).

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 41 (193 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3215 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

Dragon takes skill to use, nothing wrong with it. Although it would be nice if it could be restricted to 1-per team in custom games.

M9 is by far the most used because it has virtually no downsides.

Para can kill quicker than the other pistols close range with a melee plus it can be aimed effectively.

Non of these weapons are OP, it's the other weapons that are UP.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 41 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
402 posts

May 21, 2013
Since we're talking about the Dragon Sniper, do you think they should keep the aim assist they way it is currently? As most people agree that in the right hands, it's easily the best gun, would there be a reason to lower the aim assist, making it even better?

Considering it's a loadout weapon, it makes sense to have some flaws. I always thought that having the T-Bolt be similar to the U2 Dragon (As it was a power weapon in that game) with less aim assist and such, would be a good idea.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 41 (176 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3215 posts

May 21, 2013
The entire aiming system (speed, acceleration, aim assist) needs to be modeled after UC2, it is vastly superior to the inconsistent mess in UC3.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 41 (162 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1160 posts

May 21, 2013
Do you think that the "Ranked" mode should come back?
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 41 (155 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3215 posts

May 21, 2013

DrakeShepard wrote:
Do you think that the "Ranked" mode should come back?

Absolutely yes, however not as a mode but rather as a game-wide true-skill ranking system. Something similar to what Halo has done in the past. It would also be cool to have a playlist with competitive rules that you could only play with a party. A place where anyone could get a taste of competitive play and for teams to find pick-up scrims.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 41 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4168 posts

May 21, 2013

If it wasn`t for FN, how long ago do you think this game would have died? Also, do you think they would add some kind of "League Play" system to UC4 like they did in Black Ops 2?

Proud Member of [FnxX} & DeFy. @UMG_Hybrid
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 41 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
571 posts

May 21, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:
Whether or not it's a "feature" is irrelevant to the fact that it's a broken "mechanic" in the game. For a time it was possible there was going to be a major nerf but it never panned out. I suspect UC4 will have a severely limited blindfire system due to the backlash it's had in this game.

It's not irrelevant. Regarding blindfire as a whole design choice lifts it up to a magnitude where things become clear that ND will never change blindfire to our satisfactory. Not in U3

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 41 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9808 posts

May 21, 2013
There should be someone representing the non-competitive UC players, btw.

Just to balance out the opinions. I mean, I think Tap isn't competitive.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 41 (117 Views)
0 Likes