Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 19 2013
By: iCloudSky PlayStation MVP 234 posts

The Tournament System is NOT broken. (Imo)

65 replies 371 views Edited Mar 19, 2013

Why do people think the tournament system is broken? I've been seeing this alot recently, & have been hearing it from a bunch of people. You not being able to reach Platinum Tier doesn't make it broken. It just means that you need to learn when is the right time to use your tickets. I'm so tired of reading from people saying "Oh, 10 tickets isn't enough for platinum." "Oh, it's not possible to reach platinum with 10 tickets"

Oh really? So explain this:

http://i50.tinypic.com/140ke93.jpg 

I hit platinum? & didn't buy any tickets. 

I think people are just complaining too much & need to realize that reaching Platinum tier is not supposed to be easy....... Lol. 

This is my opinion though. Of course you have those who will disagree with me. & if you DO think it is broken, them explain why?

Message 1 of 66 (371 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18879 posts

Re: The Tournament System is NOT broken. (Imo)

Mar 19, 2013
People say that it's broken because either the teams are extremely unfair or they lose their tickets because the game decided to kick them out of a game completely out of their own will.

I think the hatred stems from the fact that it's more luck-based than skill-based.
Message 2 of 66 (368 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6088 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Because of the ways you could lose tickets. They more or less should be easier for good players, but even the best of players can miss out on even gold tier thanks to many issues.

For one the unfair matchmaking, no matter how good you are, it is insanely hard to get almost all 50 kills while your teammates get a combined total of like 4 and total deaths of like 47. In other words horrible teammates will make you lose and give you that whopping 500 points for your 30+ kills.

Not to mention the ways you can lose tickets. Endless spinning ring -1 ticket. disconnected from match -1 ticket. Host signs out -1 ticket. game freezes -1 ticket. white plug, other laggy players, parties, etc. are also factors making it difficult.

The tournament system to some extent should be dependent on your own skill, and instead is like 90% luck based. Right now it's basically:

Do I use the ticket now, or will the game screw me over?

This comes down to people either having to pray the game doesn't wanna mess them over or resorting to buying tickets to reach gold/platinum tiers.

photo Sniper.png
Message 3 of 66 (356 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
People say that it's broken because either the teams are extremely unfair or they lose their tickets because the game decided to kick them out of a game completely out of their own will.

I think the hatred stems from the fact that it's more luck-based than skill-based.

True, it is rather luck based. I mean you need to use it if you have a good lobby and then you need to play well as well win the match.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 4 of 66 (354 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
234 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Being kicked out of a game randomly? Alright, I can agree with that. That stinks. But as for the teams being unfair, Lol well yeah. It happens. But that can be prevented. (In a sense) Usually before a match starts, you could just look at everyones stats and decide whether or not you want to turn on your ticket. That's what I do. 

Example: If the teams haven't been decided, & I look & there are 6 5th legacies in that lobby with 3.00 or higher KDRs, I will not turn on my ticket.

But if the majority of the people in the lobby are noobs, then obviously, you should turn that bad boy on. 

I mean, you do have to get lucky with the lobbies you find. And you have 6-7 days to find 10 good matches. That's really more than enough time if you ask me. Lol. 

Message 5 of 66 (350 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
234 posts

Mar 19, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Because of the ways you could lose tickets. They more or less should be easier for good players, but even the best of players can miss out on even gold tier thanks to many issues.

For one the unfair matchmaking, no matter how good you are, it is insanely hard to get almost all 50 kills while your teammates get a combined total of like 4 and total deaths of like 47. In other words horrible teammates will make you lose and give you that whopping 500 points for your 30+ kills.

Not to mention the ways you can lose tickets. Endless spinning ring -1 ticket. disconnected from match -1 ticket. Host signs out -1 ticket. game freezes -1 ticket. white plug, other laggy players, parties, etc. are also factors making it difficult.

The tournament system to some extent should be dependent on your own skill, and instead is like 90% luck based. Right now it's basically:

Do I use the ticket now, or will the game screw me over?

This comes down to people either having to pray the game doesn't wanna mess them over or resorting to buying tickets to reach gold/platinum tiers.

Oh ok. I see what you mean. Well in this case, yeah. But, I mean, I wouldn't necessarily say that the tournament system is broken. I think those are just issues with the game in general. 

But you are right though. You do kind of have to get lucky and HOPE the connection doesnt fail. 

Message 6 of 66 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10141 posts

Mar 19, 2013
You can't spot players and still be able to turn on the ticket. Once you see names, ticket choice is off.

Just throwing it out there.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 7 of 66 (331 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
234 posts

Mar 19, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
You can't spot players and still be able to turn on the ticket. Once you see names, ticket choice is off.

Just throwing it out there.

Gotta disagree with you on that one. Lol. I do it all the time. Try it for yourself. You have to do it before voting starts. Thats how Im able to decided what I want to do so quickly. 

Message 8 of 66 (317 Views)
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Mar 19, 2013

The problem is this:

I just freeze and lose a ticket in a match that was already 23 x 16 for my team.

I was leading the kills .... : (

Message 9 of 66 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10141 posts

Mar 19, 2013
Dude, voting starts as soon as you all see each other. You're talking about the 2nd match against the same people. I mean, you can totally use it then, sure.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 10 of 66 (310 Views)
0 Likes