Fender Bender
3872 posts

Re: The Tournament System is NOT broken. (Imo)

Mar 19, 2013

lII-Venom-lII wrote:
My team was me and 2 other f2p noobs that left at the end. So I had a crap load of kills. The other team had 3 f2p noobs that sucked hard. My highest was 45-0. It was pure luck with a little skill. The game was a 3v4. When the game started the split screen noobs on my team left. So it was a 1v4. The other team had split screeners with 2 other level 4 and 5 players. I thought I was going to go the legendary unknown 50-0 but people started to join at the end. Smiley Sad

I am guessing you don't have the 45-0 cinema?

Message 51 of 66 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4126 posts

Mar 19, 2013
My only issue is that it's to team based. They need to take out the win bonus and just make it solely on your performance
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 52 of 66 (531 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Lordidude wrote:

You get rewarded solely for how you play alone.

But you get punished when your team loses.

This defines broken.

One person gets to prop up a team of people who shouldn't even be playing the game, I know n00bs learn somewhere but hell, some of these people aren't even worthy of the term n00b, they are beneath n00bs.

"Guy sees opponent with RPG, Guy chases him"... WHY? WHY? Why the **bleep** would you do that? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know you are going to die if you do that... A n00b may not see it, fair enough I can let that go. But chasing someone who has an RPG???  Are you **bleep** kidding me?

Those kind of players don't belong on a video game, they simply do not have the brain power to comprehend the situation, RPG vs AK. RPG WINS. It's not hard, you don't have to think it over, it's common sense. Those are the kind of players you get lumbered with the moment you even think about lone wolfing. So forget the tournament tickets.

People like that do not belong gaming. They simply do not have the intelligence.

Even more backwards is:- IF you were in a party, it's harder for you to get kills and get a decent tournament score also.

There is absolutely no point in using them in a party apart from getting rid of the annoying message. ND seriously messed up on that considering an estimate of 95% of the userbase parties up. Thus losing a massive chunk of sales.

The stupid thing is between ND's awful DLC's and stuff. If I was in charge they would have been a multi billionaire company in no time. Then again..They could have put a monkey in charge and they would have probably turned over better profits.

The business model is just atrocious. Bad business models really upset me, I just don't like stupidity and that is exactly what comes to mind when people don't capitalize on things in the right way. It just makes me feel even more alone with my intellect.

You are frankly hilarious.

I think ND is doing pretty well without your pearls of wisdom. Haha. 

My favourite quotes are in bold. You must be a very lonely person with all that intellect.

I've seen you post in two different threads now and say ridiculous things in both. Have a word with yourself.

There is nothing wrong with the tournament system. If you allow people to get equal points in a group then that group will abuse the system and allow their teammate to get all the kills whilst calling out the opposition and acting as a distraction. What ND did with the negative multiplier was very smart so you don't have teams of five going around taking all the points from noobs.

You're simply not that smart if you can't figure out when it is smart to use your ticket and when it is reckless. As the OP states, you can easily evaluate the overall strength of a lobby before voting begins. I have reached platinum 4 weeks in a row now and got 9500 points this evening from 4 tickets. I didn't waste a single one because, admittedly, I was lucky enough not to be kicked out of a match nor have the spinning ring etc, but also because I didn't choose a stupid lobby.

You need players on your team who are capable of going 1:1 KDR. Out of 5, you can carry one poor player. You then need 2 players averaging 1:1 KDR and hopefully one player who is also very good (2:1 KDR). You size up the lobby and you take your chance. Essentially, I surmise if I could win the match if the matchmaking was reasonably fair.

Some other tips:

- I never activate my ticket when splitscreeners are playing unless they have been on the opposition team for 2 matches in a row. They are usually the difference between winning and losing a match.

- If I late join a match, I actually ensure that I don't play well so that people stay in the lobby. I can use this to figure out who the good and bad players are before activating my ticket for the next match

And to those who say it isn't worth it, that's subjective but to me, having a skin with a head that is rare is worth it. I also enjoy the challenge of getting platinum with my 10 tickets. There really aren't many that will achieve it unless they buy extra tickets. It's called a sense of satisfaction through effort. A lot of you seem to have a problem with the effort part.

Message 53 of 66 (521 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Mar 19, 2013
Uncharted 3's matchmaking cannot coexist in harmony with the tournament. In short, it is broken.
Message 54 of 66 (368 Views)
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Mar 19, 2013

kratos_snake__ wrote:
Uncharted 3's matchmaking cannot coexist in harmony with the tournament. In short, it is broken.

Yet loads of people achieve platinum with their 10 tickets. Go figure.

Message 55 of 66 (238 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Mar 20, 2013
I smell a troll....

I thought they were gone for good Smiley Sad

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 56 of 66 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 20, 2013
He's not trolling. He's someone who does workarounds so much times, it seems the thing he's doing it for isn't broken.

Like when I was playing HC mode during FAL and GMAL era. I'm still *pretty sure* none of those guns were OP, but then I'm in HC mode, so whatever.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 57 of 66 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6698 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Nobody ever said that the tournament system is undoable, just broken, different things.

People really are fooling themselves if they think that having to spend a ticket sparingly after analysing the room for levels and hoping that the game doesn't disconnect them is unbroken. Along with the fact that it:

Rewards you for how good YOU do.

Punishes you for how bad YOUR TEAM does.

And that earlier statement someone brought up saying they could do better than ND is laughable. It is near impossible to please a community like this. There wasn't a single moment in the lifespan of this game that people didn't complain... Trying to balance something always brings up 100s of other problems

Feet
Message 58 of 66 (197 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 20, 2013
Sand is right. Remember colours? Some hated it still.

Remember Classic? Nobody liked that crap.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 59 of 66 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

TrevskiYong wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Lordidude wrote:

You get rewarded solely for how you play alone.

But you get punished when your team loses.

This defines broken.

One person gets to prop up a team of people who shouldn't even be playing the game, I know n00bs learn somewhere but hell, some of these people aren't even worthy of the term n00b, they are beneath n00bs.

"Guy sees opponent with RPG, Guy chases him"... WHY? WHY? Why the **bleep** would you do that? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know you are going to die if you do that... A n00b may not see it, fair enough I can let that go. But chasing someone who has an RPG???  Are you **bleep** kidding me?

Those kind of players don't belong on a video game, they simply do not have the brain power to comprehend the situation, RPG vs AK. RPG WINS. It's not hard, you don't have to think it over, it's common sense. Those are the kind of players you get lumbered with the moment you even think about lone wolfing. So forget the tournament tickets.

People like that do not belong gaming. They simply do not have the intelligence.

Even more backwards is:- IF you were in a party, it's harder for you to get kills and get a decent tournament score also.

There is absolutely no point in using them in a party apart from getting rid of the annoying message. ND seriously messed up on that considering an estimate of 95% of the userbase parties up. Thus losing a massive chunk of sales.

The stupid thing is between ND's awful DLC's and stuff. If I was in charge they would have been a multi billionaire company in no time. Then again..They could have put a monkey in charge and they would have probably turned over better profits.

The business model is just atrocious. Bad business models really upset me, I just don't like stupidity and that is exactly what comes to mind when people don't capitalize on things in the right way. It just makes me feel even more alone with my intellect.

You are frankly hilarious.

I think ND is doing pretty well without your pearls of wisdom. Haha. 

My favourite quotes are in bold. You must be a very lonely person with all that intellect.

I've seen you post in two different threads now and say ridiculous things in both. Have a word with yourself.

There is nothing wrong with the tournament system. If you allow people to get equal points in a group then that group will abuse the system and allow their teammate to get all the kills whilst calling out the opposition and acting as a distraction. What ND did with the negative multiplier was very smart so you don't have teams of five going around taking all the points from noobs.

You're simply not that smart if you can't figure out when it is smart to use your ticket and when it is reckless. As the OP states, you can easily evaluate the overall strength of a lobby before voting begins. I have reached platinum 4 weeks in a row now and got 9500 points this evening from 4 tickets. I didn't waste a single one because, admittedly, I was lucky enough not to be kicked out of a match nor have the spinning ring etc, but also because I didn't choose a stupid lobby.

You need players on your team who are capable of going 1:1 KDR. Out of 5, you can carry one poor player. You then need 2 players averaging 1:1 KDR and hopefully one player who is also very good (2:1 KDR). You size up the lobby and you take your chance. Essentially, I surmise if I could win the match if the matchmaking was reasonably fair.

Some other tips:

- I never activate my ticket when splitscreeners are playing unless they have been on the opposition team for 2 matches in a row. They are usually the difference between winning and losing a match.

- If I late join a match, I actually ensure that I don't play well so that people stay in the lobby. I can use this to figure out who the good and bad players are before activating my ticket for the next match

And to those who say it isn't worth it, that's subjective but to me, having a skin with a head that is rare is worth it. I also enjoy the challenge of getting platinum with my 10 tickets. There really aren't many that will achieve it unless they buy extra tickets. It's called a sense of satisfaction through effort. A lot of you seem to have a problem with the effort part.

First of all. I'm smart enough to not spend on tickets, I'm smart enough to not bother with the system in it's current state.

I find your whole post hilarious, with your 159 posts you found it fitting to judge someone you don't know, thus showing your true self and showing a lack of respect.

You have basically called me stupid, yet your post ignores my point and assumes that I care about the tournament system or even try to reach any tier, newsflash, I don't try, I use my tickets to get rid of the annoying message.

It would appear I was alone with my intellect, looks like I was right all along when people like you appear and prove me right.

I know there are some intelligent posters around here. You certainly bring the IQ level of us down though, you should stay away and quit making us look stupid.

I'm going to explain this as carefully as possible, now this is a weakness of mine admittedly so it could get messy, But it's the only way you will understand.

Selling Tournament tickets vs selling maps or skins:

Tournament tickets will be bought by the desperate weekly. How many are that desperate? I wouldn't guess many are stupid enough to buy into a system that will not allow them to play a way they would want.

Skins or Maps will be bought by a vast majority who'd like to add to the game. while it wont be a constant slur of revenue it would make a lot more money than tickets would .

That is where I claim ND have no business sense and show nothing but stupidity. It had nothing to do with ticket usage. It had everything to do with how they choose to lose money

Did you understand that this time? I sure hope so.. Because it would be pretty hard to dumb it down for you any more than that. If you didn't get it this time, maybe an internet forum/message board isn't for you since you clearly lack the reading comprehension skills to be on one.

For the record, yes the tournament system is also stupidly done, They would make more cash if they didn't ask people in parties to play the game differently to use tickets.

I know I'm not really alone. It's just ND and people like you make me feel like it, I know there are vast amounts of intelligent people who post here.

Message 60 of 66 (182 Views)
0 Likes