Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1861 posts

Re: The Tournament System is NOT broken. (Imo)

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

TrevskiYong wrote:

kratos_snake__ wrote:
Uncharted 3's matchmaking cannot coexist in harmony with the tournament. In short, it is broken.

Yet loads of people achieve platinum with their 10 tickets. Go figure.

Krato_snake__ is right, the tournament system cannot coexist with matchmaking. If ND wanted to implement such a system they needed to adress technical fixes first. Its that simple. Many people lose tournament systems because of matchmaking and that is not fair. Oh, and I already got gold 6 or 7 times gold tier and platinum tier, but that doesn't mean its not broken. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 66 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
407 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/The-Current-Tournament-System-i...

I already made a topic addressing this before, but of course it was mostly ignored, so I suppose I have to make another similar post.

Punishing parties from betting tickets sounds great on paper. You stop massive parties from stomping on noobs for easy points. Sounds great, right? But here's the problem.

1. Terrible teammates. As many others have said, you can go 32-3, and if you lose, it basically means nothing as 500 points is pretty much worthless. You can try your hardest, but if you have terrible teammates, you'll still likely lose. Not so much skill, as it is simply hoping you get decent players, or that everyone else in the lobby but you is a terrible player.

2. The above simply encourages players to wait until they find noobs, then bet the ticket to squash them. Again, the Tournament (Something that is supposed to mainly revolve around skill) focuses much more on luck than actual skill. It's contradictory to that an actual Tournament should be.

3. You're not likely to get many points in a party anyway if the people you're playing with are good players themselves. Usually, you'll end up with decent scores, but not really anything major. Obviously full parties would still be bad for others so I suggest simply removing the penalty for parties of 2, and starting with parties of 3. This would at least let players have at least one person they know won't screw them over, and not have to deal with complete imbeciles.

Being able to getting Platinum with just the 10 tickets doesn't make the Tournament system any less bad, where skill plays such a minor role. I've got amazing scores, but it doesn't mean anything because I was lucky enough to get a lobby where I was able to beat on noobs who had no chance of doing much of anything. Hardly any skill, almost all luck.

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 66 (169 Views)
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

First of all. I'm smart enough to not spend on tickets, I'm smart enough to not bother with the system in it's current state.

I find your whole post hilarious, with your 159 posts you found it fitting to judge someone you don't know, thus showing your true self and showing a lack of respect.

You have basically called me stupid, yet your post ignores my point and assumes that I care about the tournament system or even try to reach any tier, newsflash, I don't try, I use my tickets to get rid of the annoying message.

It would appear I was alone with my intellect, looks like I was right all along when people like you appear and prove me right.

I know there are some intelligent posters around here. You certainly bring the IQ level of us down though, you should stay away and quit making us look stupid.

I'm going to explain this as carefully as possible, now this is a weakness of mine admittedly so it could get messy, But it's the only way you will understand.

Selling Tournament tickets vs selling maps or skins:

Tournament tickets will be bought by the desperate weekly. How many are that desperate? I wouldn't guess many are stupid enough to buy into a system that will not allow them to play a way they would want.

Skins or Maps will be bought by a vast majority who'd like to add to the game. while it wont be a constant slur of revenue it would make a lot more money than tickets would .

That is where I claim ND have no business sense and show nothing but stupidity. It had nothing to do with ticket usage. It had everything to do with how they choose to lose money

Did you understand that this time? I sure hope so.. Because it would be pretty hard to dumb it down for you any more than that. If you didn't get it this time, maybe an internet forum/message board isn't for you since you clearly lack the reading comprehension skills to be on one.

For the record, yes the tournament system is also stupidly done, They would make more cash if they didn't ask people in parties to play the game differently to use tickets.

I know I'm not really alone. It's just ND and people like you make me feel like it, I know there are vast amounts of intelligent people who post here.

- You don't have to spend anything on tickets to achieve a good level in the tournament.

- What does having 159 posts versus someone with lots of posts have anything to do with my ability to read your post and comprehend that you're daft? Is the number of posts somehow correlated to my ability to read and reply? That's an amazing leap of logic that only an idiot could make.

- Why should I respect you when you state that you "feel alone with your intellect"? What truly intelligent person thinks that let alone puts it down in black and white?

- Sure, you're probably a member of Mensa which means you're smart? Haha

- You seem to care about the tournament considering you're posting about it. If you don't care, why post?

- Have you considered the effort it requires to release new maps and skins? Have you evaluated the cost versus benefit of this? Are you aware of the resource they had available, the work that had been done in planning the tournament system, the benefit they evaluated in releasing something a bit different to a new map pack? What are the facts? Can you share these with me? Have you performed an analysis of the effort of the tournament project versus additional maps and skins? No, of course you haven't but you use your freedom of speech and arrogance to make statements when you're guessing. I'd love to see you make Naughty Dog a multi-billion dollar company. If it's so easy why aren't you doing it already? Oh that's right - you probably don't even have a driving licence yet.

- If you're intelligent then God help the future.

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 66 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Orochidude wrote:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/The-Current-Tournament-System-i...

I already made a topic addressing this before, but of course it was mostly ignored, so I suppose I have to make another similar post.

Punishing parties from betting tickets sounds great on paper. You stop massive parties from stomping on noobs for easy points. Sounds great, right? But here's the problem.

1. Terrible teammates. As many others have said, you can go 32-3, and if you lose, it basically means nothing as 500 points is pretty much worthless. You can try your hardest, but if you have terrible teammates, you'll still likely lose. Not so much skill, as it is simply hoping you get decent players, or that everyone else in the lobby but you is a terrible player.

2. The above simply encourages players to wait until they find noobs, then bet the ticket to squash them. Again, the Tournament (Something that is supposed to mainly revolve around skill) focuses much more on luck than actual skill. It's contradictory to that an actual Tournament should be.

3. You're not likely to get many points in a party anyway if the people you're playing with are good players themselves. Usually, you'll end up with decent scores, but not really anything major. Obviously full parties would still be bad for others so I suggest simply removing the penalty for parties of 2, and starting with parties of 3. This would at least let players have at least one person they know won't screw them over, and not have to deal with complete imbeciles.

Being able to getting Platinum with just the 10 tickets doesn't make the Tournament system any less bad, where skill plays such a minor role. I've got amazing scores, but it doesn't mean anything because I was lucky enough to get a lobby where I was able to beat on noobs who had no chance of doing much of anything. Hardly any skill, almost all luck.

Good post and here are my feelings on each of your main points:

(1) Don't see a problem with there being an element of chance in which players get put on your team. I suppose the alternative is to significantly raise the points requirement for each tier and then give you points simply based on YOUR performance but then you'd still need to do very well in each match as they want to make it challenging. So, what would the points required be for each tier? It's 23,500 already to achieve platinum with 10 tickets. You need about 16 more kills than deaths per match to get 2,350 points. Should platinum be at 27,000 points or 30,000 points?

(2) It's a TDM/classic tournament mode. If you're interested in a straightforward tournament, perhaps the alternative is a tournament in FFA mode but not based on winning the FFA but just the score you can get from 10 free tickets?

(3) This is a decent idea but once again you would need to raise the points required per tier

I think you underestimate the skill required to get 16 more kills than deaths. Yes, there is a lot of luck with your teammates but there is also a significant amount of skill required to get such a high KDR. There are plenty of players who are nowhere near the level required to achieve platinum even if team wins or losses were discounted from the equation. I think the average player is probably around 1:1 KDR. They will very rarely get 16 more kills than deaths so the tournament is designed to reward luck and skill.

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 66 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13342 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

TrevskiYong wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

First of all. I'm smart enough to not spend on tickets, I'm smart enough to not bother with the system in it's current state.

I find your whole post hilarious, with your 159 posts you found it fitting to judge someone you don't know, thus showing your true self and showing a lack of respect.

You have basically called me stupid, yet your post ignores my point and assumes that I care about the tournament system or even try to reach any tier, newsflash, I don't try, I use my tickets to get rid of the annoying message.

It would appear I was alone with my intellect, looks like I was right all along when people like you appear and prove me right.

I know there are some intelligent posters around here. You certainly bring the IQ level of us down though, you should stay away and quit making us look stupid.

I'm going to explain this as carefully as possible, now this is a weakness of mine admittedly so it could get messy, But it's the only way you will understand.

Selling Tournament tickets vs selling maps or skins:

Tournament tickets will be bought by the desperate weekly. How many are that desperate? I wouldn't guess many are stupid enough to buy into a system that will not allow them to play a way they would want.

Skins or Maps will be bought by a vast majority who'd like to add to the game. while it wont be a constant slur of revenue it would make a lot more money than tickets would .

That is where I claim ND have no business sense and show nothing but stupidity. It had nothing to do with ticket usage. It had everything to do with how they choose to lose money

Did you understand that this time? I sure hope so.. Because it would be pretty hard to dumb it down for you any more than that. If you didn't get it this time, maybe an internet forum/message board isn't for you since you clearly lack the reading comprehension skills to be on one.

For the record, yes the tournament system is also stupidly done, They would make more cash if they didn't ask people in parties to play the game differently to use tickets.

I know I'm not really alone. It's just ND and people like you make me feel like it, I know there are vast amounts of intelligent people who post here.

- You don't have to spend anything on tickets to achieve a good level in the tournament.

- What does having 159 posts versus someone with lots of posts have anything to do with my ability to read your post and comprehend that you're daft? Is the number of posts somehow correlated to my ability to read and reply? That's an amazing leap of logic that only an idiot could make.

- Why should I respect you when you state that you "feel alone with your intellect"? What truly intelligent person thinks that let alone puts it down in black and white?

- Sure, you're probably a member of Mensa which means you're smart? Haha

- You seem to care about the tournament considering you're posting about it. If you don't care, why post?

- Have you considered the effort it requires to release new maps and skins? Have you evaluated the cost versus benefit of this? Are you aware of the resource they had available, the work that had been done in planning the tournament system, the benefit they evaluated in releasing something a bit different to a new map pack? What are the facts? Can you share these with me? Have you performed an analysis of the effort of the tournament project versus additional maps and skins? No, of course you haven't but you use your freedom of speech and arrogance to make statements when you're guessing. I'd love to see you make Naughty Dog a multi-billion dollar company. If it's so easy why aren't you doing it already? Oh that's right - you probably don't even have a driving licence yet.

- If you're intelligent then God help the future.

Actually.. I did write a lot here. But you know what.

I've already worked you out.

You win. Now go away again

:smileylol: I just can't take you seriously anymore.

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 66 (113 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
234 posts

Mar 31, 2013

I know I'm late with this, I haven't been on the forums much because my computer is broken and for some reason, I cant sign in  the forums using my phone or ps3 browser. So, Im at a friends' house using his laptop.

But anways, I WAS 4th on the leaderboards this week. (Not anymore) I had 29,700 score & I actually ended up losing one of my tickets. So maybe I could've gotten around 33,000.

I just thought I'd share that with you all. 

That is all. 

Lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 66 (77 Views)
0 Likes