Jul 27 2012
By: DrakeShepard Uncharted Territory 1174 posts

The Two Guns That Need A Change

20 replies 431 views Edited Jul 27, 2012

The least popular guns and yet one of the most complained about guns are the Kal-7 and Tau Sniper

Starting with the Kal-7:

I never understood as to why they made such a promising gun so bad. In the videos below, you'll see how the reticle in the single player is steady and very easy to use but in the multiplayer it's all over the place. My Question: Why?

If NaughtyDog could just transfer this simple information over, you'd be surprised how easy and less stressful the community will be.

Finally the Tau-Sniper:

I know there's some minor changes been done to the Tau in the next patch but I'm getting a feeling that there won't be much of a difference. In the video below you will see what the Tau Sniper is like in the single player. It's easy to use and not 'over-powered'. It's very straight-forward and I feel that it should be in the multiplayer.

Message 1 of 21 (431 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Re: The Two Guns That Need A Change

Jul 27, 2012

its simple, for balance

Oops Right? - Tess : The Last of Us
Message 2 of 21 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

Jul 27, 2012

well its very unbalanced now, the single player ones are balanced

Message 3 of 21 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jul 27, 2012

idk why snipers don't have the shotgun reticle in the MP..they had to CoDify the snipers too...

Only argument I've ever seen against the "shotgun reticle" argument is "it's too accurate in SINGLEPLAYER so it wouldn't work"

No **bleep** dumb **bleep**.  That's why you actually make it inaccurate as hell when aimed in like that, not like in the single player where you can just guess where the middle is and get kills. 

Message 4 of 21 (407 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

Jul 27, 2012

I agree but doing that to the T-bolt could destroy the gameplay because the chances of you hitting someone in the right spot increases greatly especially with the aim dot. I would like the Dragon Sniper reticle back though from UC2 

Message 5 of 21 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6795 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Why not to give the snipers a shotgun reticle: 

A sniper is only supposed to be used for the longer ranges, so having a shotgun reticle with any kind of accuracy better than the guns erratic blindfire accuracy would slowly defeat the purpose of it being a long range only weapon. They want you to use the scope for a reason.

Message 6 of 21 (337 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jul 27, 2012

DrakeShepard wrote:

I agree but doing that to the T-bolt could destroy the gameplay because the chances of you hitting someone in the right spot increases greatly especially with the aim dot. I would like the Dragon Sniper reticle back though from UC2 

Yeah, but you could just easily not have an aim dot. 

Message 7 of 21 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jul 27, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

A sniper is only supposed to be used for the longer ranges, so having a shotgun reticle with any kind of accuracy better than the guns erratic blindfire accuracy would slowly defeat the purpose of it being a long range only weapon. They want you to use the scope for a reason.

That in itself is the problem.  Why use a sniper in any kind of match when there's 100 ways to flank? 

Also, it's not like everyone who has ever used a sniper rifle puts their eye in the scope to get an idea where there target is. 

The aim dot doesn't suffice because it can be very innacurate at certain angles/pieces of cover. 

Message 8 of 21 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
583 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Sorry, I gotta disagree with on this one. The kal-7 would be much more over powered than it is now and the Tau would be the most powerful gun in MP. 

BF3 Stats
My Youtube Channel--> http://www.youtube.com/user/WaffleMonster07?feature=mhee
Message 9 of 21 (288 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6795 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

That in itself is the problem.  Why use a sniper in any kind of match when there's 100 ways to flank? 

Also, it's not like everyone who has ever used a sniper rifle puts their eye in the scope to get an idea where there target is. 

The aim dot doesn't suffice because it can be very innacurate at certain angles/pieces of cover. 

Why does the aim dot not suffice? It should only be used to know the general area of where you're scoping into, and then once you're actually scoped in you'll use the scope to aim. Of course the aim dot is innaccurate because it's not your reticle it's just something to help guide you when you do shoot, not something to shoot with.

Message 10 of 21 (278 Views)
0 Likes