Jan 19 2013
By: Harold-Da-Man I Only Post Everything 894 posts

The Ultimate Thread: A List of Glitches, Faulty Systems, Complaints, Etc. (contribute!)

[ Edited ]
80 replies 1220 views Edited Jan 30, 2013

Here's my list of problems that need fixing. Take heed ND.

1. Broken Matchmaking: The matchmaking system. Now, I'm not asking for a new system, I'm asking you to fix the one you've got. Instead of ALSO taking into account legacy levels, It ONLY takes into account legacy levels, and that's on a good day. Here's a couple of examples of games I played today in the lab:

Game 1:                                                                 Game 2:

5th legacy 75                                                         two 5th legacy 75's

4th legacy                                                               vanilla 75

vanilla 50                                            

vs.

vs.

me

5th legacy 28(me)                                                vanilla 32

two vanilla 21's                                                     vanilla 27

There were no parties in these games. Only a bunch of randoms. Not only did the matchmaking fail to take into account levels, it failed to separate higher legacies. Just look at game 2. I'm tired of this bs!! FIX IT NOW!!!!

2. Vanishing Idol Glitch: now let's take the rage factor down a level with the vanishing idol glitch (that's what I call it anyway): For some random reason, sometimes an idol will dissapear and reset. This is really annoying when you're about to cap a treasure. Apparently the treasure does not always reset, which makes this even worse.

3. Water Death Glitch:here's a virtually unknown one, the water death glitch: It happens when you die in the water. The screen will stay black and white when the camera is following your teammates. It's not too major, but it still is annoying.

4. Dead Body Glitch: when a person is dead on everyone's screen, but he is still alive and kicking, going on massive killing sprees. This glitch has been around far too long. Fix it please.

5. Elimination Treasures Frustration: this is just a complaint. When you get a treasure, but the round ends immediately after it drops, the treasure dissapears for the next round. Treasures should carry over to the next round, it's hard enough to get elimination treasures as it is.

6. Time played counter: this has been broken since day one. It doesn't show how long you have played accurately. This is the same for every last uncharted 3 player.

7. Pointless Ledge On Graveyard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz6SfYg1D2g I'm sure we're all familiar with this ledge. This get's annoying when you are trying to climb the boat, and it serves no purpose. We shouldn't be able to climb it.

8. Custom character pants glitch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYcSP4UheCY Watch his pants, he's mooning me. Please fix ND, I don't want to stare at my character's rear.

9. Capture trooper black helmet: you can no longer change the color of the capture trooper's helmet. I don't know if it was a glitch or intentional, but it's been around for a few months now, with no attempt to fix it.

10. Innacurate treasure throws: if a person is aiming to throw the treasure, and gets killed, then someone picks up the treasure and throws it without aiming, it will go where the previous person was aiming. This will sometimes result in throwing the treasure backwards, or some weird direction.

11. Elena's Bald Spot And Wrong Colors: This is just sloppy. A random gray streak in the hair, and Her shirt is blue. Why? It was clearly white in U2. It's like Cinderella's ball dress being blue in all the merch (not that I would know about that or anything).

12. Desert Drake's Sunburn: Yet another sloppy mistake. How rushed were these MP skins? Remove the red spot on his upper forearm please.

13. Scoped In Gold: Scoped in gold only significantly reduces scope wobble instead of removing it entirely as the booster description says. Either adjust the description or remove scope wobble for scoped in gold.

14. Respawn Grenade Glitch And Exploit: When you die, someone can throw a grenade at your body, and when you respawn, that grenade kills you. This is a really old glitch that has never been addressed. Don't you think we're due for a fix?

15. Grenade Throwbacks And Weapon Pickups: They both use the same button. When I want to throw back a grenade, too often I pick up a weapon instead and die. My suggestion is a little extreme. Remove the high five, and have the down button throw back grenades. Bam! problem solved.

16. The Over Abundance Of Noobery: I just came out of a game where I went 26-13. I got literally half my team's kills, but we lost in overtime. The explanation: the three lowest players on our team went 7-11, 4-10, and 2-16. :smileymad: Why can't the normal 1 through 75's have their own matchmaking, until they legacy? There seems to be a heck of a lot of them these days, so they wouldn't be waiting forever to find games either. Please look into this.

17. Tournament Points For A Loss: In the game I mentioned in 16, I had a tournament ticket activated. Surely I should have got some compensation for putting up with trash players. Nope. I got a grand total of 268 fupping points. Which gets you absolutely nowhere whatsoever. Increase the points gained for a loss immediately.

18. Spinning Ring Of Death: We all know it, and hate it. It is yet another problem that has been around since day one. It's when you start a match, but the loading screen ring spins and spins for all eternity and a day. Sure it has to do with bad connections, but that doesn't mean YOUR game has to break when it happens.

19. Cinema Freezes: This usually happens when you rewind more than two times quickly. But should it happen? NO. This has also occured when you try to start a cinema file. But should that happen either? NO. This is yet another glitch that has been around since day one. Get rid of it.

20. From Cinema To Youtube: When you upload videos from the cinema to Youtube, you are capped at a time limit of one minute. Enough time to fit in, well, nothing. You need to increase the time limit.

21. Team Objectives Multi Marked Man: When I get marked in team objectives, two out of three times I will remain marked until the end of the round, so I never get a break from everyone trying to murder me. I've seen this with other players too. I am well aware that this has been 'fixed', but look at the evidence.

22. The Airwalk Glitch: This happens when you randomly start floating for no apparent reason. You usually can't control it and just end up getting shot down by an enemy, but when you can, it's incredibly annoying. You guessed it, this is another glitch that has been around since day one. I believe a fix is in order.

23. Blindfire Accuracy: I'm talking about default blindfire accuracy without the gun mod. It is way too powerful. Aiming isn't much of a playstyle anymore, which is one of the reasons we've seen a decline in FAl and GMAL usage. It's hard to play with those guns without getting completely messed up by an M9 or AK (I'm excluding the KAL, because blindfire is what it's for).

Posters' Opinions:

These are some posts that aren't as widely agreed on, or are just some people's opinions. But I found them interesting, so here you go:

holicow wrote:

I've been thinking about UC3 matchmaking for a while now (had the same signature for a long time). But I think I've finally figured out why the new matchmaking is the way it is. If I assume ND is not retarded and that matchmaking is working as intended, then I can only come up with one explanation.

The current matchmaking makes it extremely hard to predict whether your team can win the game by putting extreme noobies in the same game as final legacy / skilled players.

The OP's point 16 captures the effects of the current matchmaking - you as a skilled player might score more than 25 kills, but will you be able to overcome the negative scores of your three nooby teammates each going 1-11?

Now, it took me a long time to come to this realization b/c I have not been using tournament tickets, but I'll leave it to your imagination to figure out why matchmaking works this way.

But I will say that I really despise the current matchmaking system b/c it eliminates a lot of the competitiveness of the game and basically puts the fate of each game in the hands of the noobies instead of the skilled players. The team with the most suicidal noobies will lose b/c they are giving away free kills faster than anyone can kill.

iCloudInfinity wrote:

There is a glitch where you can sit on a plunder treasure, (or even a propane tank) blindfire, and it will cause you to rapidly spin, and if you spin fast enough, you can get outside of the map. It needs to be fixed. (I dont think it has been at least)

The last one is where you can sit on top of a plunder treasure, and it will float vertically, and you can get on rooftops, and out of map. 

I wont tell you how to do them, but yeah. Its something that should be patched. 

By the way, there is actually a way where you can PURPOSELY dead body glitch. (Usually, it just happens somehow) But there is a way where you can manually do it. That needs to be patched. 

TheStuntDouble wrote:

The idol spawns back (#2)? I remember a Plunder game where the idol disappeared mid-cap, and it never spawned.

Basically it's an excusable ~20 min TDM.

I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff so post them below, and if enough people complain, I'll add them here.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 1 of 81 (1,220 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10154 posts

Re: A List of Glitches, Hacks, Faulty Systems, Etc. (feel free to contribute!)

Jan 19, 2013
The idol spawns back (#2)? I remember a Plunder game where the idol disappeared mid-cap, and it never spawned.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 2 of 81 (1,206 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Jan 19, 2013

4. Dead body glitch

5. Airwalk glitch

6. Infinite spinning ring glitch

I could go on but I would be 59 by the time i finish. :smileyindifferent:

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 3 of 81 (1,180 Views)
Sackboy
349 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

There also a glitch on Old Quarter. It's in the water part where the Tbolt spawns. While jumping into the water, if you hold down a certain button (I can't remember exactly which button, I think its either the square or circle button) when you land in the water you will die.  EDIT: I tried it and you have to tap the square button. 

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 4 of 81 (1,164 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2156 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

Everyone will probably cover the huge issues, so here's a few smaller/unknown ones, some more important than others.

Scoped In doesn't completely remove Pain Wobble like it says it does.

On the T-Bolt tower in Desert Village, you can kick people climbing up through a piece of cover, the person who kicked them off will then get stuck in the the cover unable to move. (Seen this many times, I just tested it in splitscreen and it happened again, so it's not lag related)

Facility has been bleached blue and hurts my eyes.... Oh that wasn't a mistake?

I worry about what will happen by posting this one, but on Molten Ruins, if you place the idol on the death plane, anyone who tries to pick it up will die.

If host lags out or quits while using Creepy Crawler, you cannot respawn.

Elena has a bald patch (or gray area) on all her skins, it looks even worse in splitscreen.  Also, Reporter Elena has been colored wrong in all areas except the collar of her shirt.

UDF Elena has this weird issue with her eyes, she opens them to wide and you also see too much white at the top.  When she is holding the Idol or any other heavy object, they look fine.

There's rare health problems in this game that are not caused by lag (I think?), sometimes one team will have lower or higher health, and it has also been to my advantage at times (T-Bolt Tau <3). I'm not sure what causes it, but certain games felt almost lag free, so I assume it's not to do with that, but I have noticed that quite frequently I have been able to take out someone who late joined with two Tau shots. I have surived a T-Bolt shot once or twice too.

When someone is blindfiring from cover, arm hit-boxes will be working for them.  *Edit* Found out it's a damage problem with Tau, FAL and G-MAL, see below.

Back when ND fixed the water maps so you couldn't though the Idol into the water and turn Plunder into a 20 minute farm fest, they also made it so you can't throw Cursed Idol into the water, thus making a useless (but awesome) kickback even more useless.

You can still get the normal Idol stuck in the water on certain areas of Graveyard.

If you jump over the flower pot on Old Quarter (outside of the Villians Plunder chest) you do the falling animation and then die.

Regeneration hats are still broken... Like the booster.

If someone uses the Hammer Time kickback, fires one or two grenades, then walks by a pick up Hammer, they will get five more grenade shells, and not four like it should be.

And that's all I can think of, for now, I know there's more so I'll edit when I remember.

Pepsi
Message 5 of 81 (1,130 Views)
Fender Bender
2553 posts

Jan 19, 2013
The Dead Body Glitch needs to be addressed I've been killed so many times by these wondering spirits lately.

The spinning ring is getting worse in MP as well, hurry & release the downloable MP so we can stop the wear & tear that's its doing to our discs

Message 6 of 81 (1,102 Views)
Splicer
45 posts

Jan 19, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I remember when this happened to us ! :smileyvery-happy:

Message 7 of 81 (1,084 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
559 posts

Jan 19, 2013
Awful animation priorities causing U3 to be far more clunky than it should be

Faulty/unethical DLC system

Wacky camera when punching

By FAR the worst hit detection in any online shooter I've played.
-how does a dragon headshot not count point blank in the face?!!! There are times enemies take 3 shots too -_-
-there are countless times where i gave multiple shots to the head with the fal only to see them get away or not earn a headshot :smileysad: there are times i know i landed more than enough shots with it, yet i don't get the kill. I know i was on point too, its my most accure weapon.

Party splitting!!

If someone is laggy enough to run through an rpg and live....they don't even deserve to see the U3 lobby imo

Blindfire is STILL a faulty system
Message 8 of 81 (1,047 Views)
Survivor
2222 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Silver-Knight47 wrote:

By FAR the worst hit detection in any online shooter I've played.
-how does a dragon headshot not count point blank in the face?!!! There are times enemies take 3 shots too -_-
-there are countless times where i gave multiple shots to the head with the fal only to see them get away or not earn a headshot :smileysad: there are times i know i landed more than enough shots with it, yet i don't get the kill. I know i was on point too, its my most accure weapon.

This problem is unknown to me and your the first person to complain. I've used the Dragon a lot and never did anyone survive a headshot. Are you sure you didn't miss them? The fal kills after 3 headshots I think.

Signature02.png

Message 9 of 81 (1,044 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
559 posts

Jan 19, 2013
I'm not the first one to notice that. I recently started practicing with the dragon and noticed it. It happens like once every 2 matches. I'm pretty good at aiming and know when i miss or not(not to sound full of myself), thats why i say its inconsistent. I always try to get headshots and practice sneaking in as many as i can with any gun lol Yeah the fal kills after 3 shots i know, but its hit detection is probably worse than the dragon imo it my most used gun and I'm far more accurate with it than any other gun, so i say that from experience. My online friends have noticed the dragon's shots don't always count as well, but its mainly a problem when they see u shooting at them and retaliate since your shot had no effect. Its an awesome gun, except the crappy aim assist, but i wish they fixed it
Message 10 of 81 (1,021 Views)
0 Likes